Rate this line-up - ES cash (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the overall design of the set? (0 - awful, 10 - perfect)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

A0D11323-D845-41B1-B044-CB72CBDB4D9D.jpeg

Photo credit @bentax1978

8 again. Factors for me:

- The quarter does not fit at all into my idea of spot progression. I sold mine right away. Luckily I prefer the arithmetic trick to using fracs anyway.

- The $5 spot colors are a bit weak to me. I went for racks of the AS tourney 5 replacements.

- I don't like white chips at all, but I *love* this $1.

- The $20, $25, $100, and $500 are simply superb. There's nothing about them I would change.

Some really nice individual chips in this lineup: frac, $1, $100 and of course the GOAT $500.

On the flip side, the $5 is a big miss and the $20 and $25 do absolutely nothing for me. The lineup as a whole is disjointed.

6/10.

Agree with many above. Many of the chips alone in this set are amazing, but cohesion isn't the strong suit for the set. The $5 are surprisingly weak especially in comparison to the other chips. That's a painful negative for this set given the $5 is the workhorse chip in most sets and was the main reason it took me a while to buy a set.

The 0.25 is an amazing chip but as a frac it outshines the lower denoms in dramatic fashion which says a lot with how stunning the $1 chip is. The trimoons on the $20 and $25 look great alone. The $100 and $500 are some of my favorite 39 mm chips. Easy 9 if the 5 wasn't so weak, but had to deduct points for the 5 and the spot progression.

8 is the score.

This is where I feel challenged by the parameters. I love the quarter. Progression is like a made up thing that people can’t agree on, and doesn’t really interest or bother me. So I can’t downgrade that beauty just because it’s fancier than the $1.

Progression is like a made up thing that people can’t agree on, and doesn’t really interest or bother me. So I can’t downgrade that beauty just because it’s fancier than the $1.
Progression is just the idea that a more valuable chip should look more impressive. Same thing as a Mercedes looking more impressive than a VW.

There are basics that people can agree on, such as more of the same spots being more impressive, or more complicated spot groupings being more impressive than less complicated groupings. Where people usually differ is in evaluating more simple spots versus more complex spot groupings.

In a vacuum, that quarter is simply great -- but it's awfully hard to outshine...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom