Rate this line-up - Tiger Palace primary cash (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the overall design of the set? (0 - awful, 10 - perfect)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

267073FD-11D8-4B58-BB70-FB266039E1E7.jpeg

Picture credit @Tommy

Progression is really subjective, right? I don't care for how it works in this set, at least in the lower denoms that I'd use. I look at the quarter, the one, the five, and the twenty and it doesn't feel like a logical progression to me.
I love a few chips in this set - specifically the $20, $500, and $5,000 are all stunning. But taken as a whole, this set just feels a little too warm for me. Definitely an eyecatcher though.

This set is a lot harder for me to judge vs. the secondary, which is the superior of the two Tiger cash sets imo.

The $1, $5, $25, & $100 denoms are a brilliant lineup, but neither frac "wows" me (especially compared to the GOAT secondary 25¢). The $500 through $25,000 chips are all great, but I do tend to agree with upNdown that there is a bit of a disjointed feeling in terms of progression.

If I were just judging the $1 through $100 lineup, this set would be a 9/10. On the whole, I find myself on the fence between 7 and 8.

Last edited:
$2 and $20 are clearly bonus chips and shouldn't necessarily be judged on progression. Remove those and either one of the fracs (.25 and .50 aren't to be played together), and you've got a wonderful modern take on a traditional set.

Personally not a huge fan of the $1 but that's subjective.

Upper denom chips are absolutely stacked -- $5, $25, $100, and $5k in particular -- making this set a High-Roller and/or Tourney-Player dream.

Main thing I wish I could change here is the $25. It’s not that I hate it but 4ta feels forced. Because it was. Felt obligated to use it since it’s discontinued

Main thing I wish I could change here is the $25. It’s not that I hate it but 4ta feels forced. Because it was. Felt obligated to use it since it’s discontinued
The almond, light violet and peach edge spots together on the 25 is stunning. It's one of my favorite chips in thie primary lineup.

In my eyes, the primary was much preferred over the secondary cash set because the 5s were simply amazing. I enjoy the simplicity and color pop each frac has to offer and feel they play very well with the 1s and 5s. I wish the upper denoms were oversized starting at the $100, but I understand how that's a polarizing opinion.

The colors and bear claws on the 100 alone are stellar, but together with the other chips which they would commonly see play with (5s, 25s, 500s) they seem out of place with their thin edge spots. I would find it hard to find another edge spot that might fit better vs a bear claw design we may not get another opportunity to see.

I gave this set a 9.

I'm glad you didn't!

Totally on board with @cpac54 that the pri $25 is one of best chips in the TP lineup :)

On a strictly "chip for chip" basis across the entire $0.25 to $20 lineup, the secondary set wins every bout. Maybe not the $5, I go back and forth on that one.

But I love the pri $25 and don't particularly like the sec $25, and think the pri $100 and $500 are a lot better than their sec counterparts, too.

So I give the entire TP pri lineup a "7", but I give the $0.25/$0.50 pri cash set lineup ($0.25, $1, $5, $25 and $100) a "9", the chips work together so well as a set.

The sheer amount of chips and denoms hurts the sets as a whole when it came to designing for many reasons. I actually wanted the frac here to be a simple almost solid-like canary/arc quarter pie.

xKISQeu.jpg

Overall as I mentioned before, I prefer the secondary set. In this one, the five and the 5000 or amazing single chips.

I’m in the minority. I prefer the this set overall. I do prefer the secondary $.25 and $25, but the rest of these are stellar. Primary $2 is the best overall chip, IMO.

John…R E S P E C T.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom