Rate this line-up - Aurora Star cash (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the overall design of the set? (0 - awful, 10 - perfect)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

C4C77FDF-816F-4C74-907E-4CD343D81F98.jpeg

Photo credit @bentax1978

Progression is ok, but is overall my least favorite favorite boat set. Snappers and $5's are the stars of the show. The rest honestly don't do it for me...

I gave it an 8.

My voting factors:

1. I ignore the quarter, $2, and $2.50 completely, since I have zero use for them.

2. Major pluses:
a. Simple, elegant, black inlays.
b. Great, great, great $1, $20, $25. Gorgeous red $5.

3. Minuses:
a. $5 white spots a little weak for my taste.
b. Although I love the yellow $20, I find the $100 just a little weak overall,, so (even though I prefer to play with a $20 for cash games), I'd rather have the green $25 and have the yellow chip be a $100.

But IMO, it's still a great set as-is.

The $20 is gorgeous. And the $5 is a great classy pattern for a $5. I always felt like I was in the minority but I really dig the AS cash set a lot.

Except the $25. Whoever designed it should be banned from the forum.

Of all the NAGBs, this set is perhaps my favourite next to the BTPs. I have a set and it's a keeper.

Great lineup across the board. Not a fan of mixing 43mm with 39mm, but the $25 and $100 are really nice and work well with the lower denominations.

The $5 is one of my absolute favourite red $5s and the $1 is absolute perfection. The frac is severly underrated and looks great in person and fits the lineup well.

Clean, simple inlays that just work.

9/10 for me.

I dig this set a lot. It was the first boat chip I went after and will be a keeper set for me. The $5 are the stars to me and since they are the workhorse chip it has a heavier weight for grading. The 100s are also fantastic as are the snappers. I turned the snapper into my frac. Overall I gave this a 9. I like how the oversized chip starts at the $25.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom