Quarter-pie tourney set? (2 Viewers)

I do truly appreciate the sample interest! I will post a separate thread sometime later specifically for requesting samples. I Need to confirm the order and pay first, of course :)

For now, just know that I will only be ordering fifteen sample sets, and that I am not yet taking reservations.

I do truly appreciate the sample interest! I will post a separate thread sometime later specifically for requesting samples. I Need to confirm the order and pay first, of course :)

For now, just know that I will only be ordering fifteen sample sets, and that I am not yet taking reservations.

May I ask why limit the number of samples? If you open your sample thread now and collect money up front nothing would change in regards to your order.

I dig that! It would be a pain that I too wouldn't wanna deal with!
Good luck with your set sir, hopefully if all 15 sample spots aren't spoken for maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one!
Have a good'n

Working w/P5Woody for an inlay. Here's a couple concepts so far. Thoughts?

Concept 2.png
Concept 1.png

I like them both but I prefer the top one slightly...

A couple of comments: for the top design, I'll make it breath a bit more... More room between The Armory text and the edge of the inlay and between the letters and the concentric circles. I also think you might have some issues with higher denoms being too small since there's very little room for them. It might be a good idea to mock them up to check it before keeping going this route...

Having said that, I think your set will be sick!!

I like them both but I prefer the top one slightly...

A couple of comments: for the top design, I'll make it breath a bit more... More room between The Armory text and the edge of the inlay and between the letters and the concentric circles. I also think you might have some issues with higher denoms being too small since there's very little room for them. It might be a good idea to mock them up to check it before keeping going this route...

Having said that, I think your set will be sick!!

^^ This. Top (or left) design is much cleaner, and a real winner with the listed alterations.

FYI - this were just a couple of quick concept designs. I agree the first one needs to have more space like the 2nd one.

Very nice, I am a little late to the party. I like he direction you are headed and the label concept is pretty darn good....
Oh...I would like a sample set as well.. I know, you'll start another thread.

I like both. Double sided design??

The top outer ring needs to either go completely or needs to come inside the design like the bottom one.

Love the direction. I always liked the quarter pie chips.

Last edited:
Love the direction and thanks for getting me in on the sample! I always liked the quarter pie chips.

P5Woody's the man, right? This set is coming along very nicely!

Not time for sample requests yet. I'll post a separate thread for that when the time comes. Just wanted you to know that samples would indeed be available, but on a limited bases.

I'm a sucker for the inlay with the quartered shield, of course.

Agree with the suggested changes to try.

Also, consider putting the denom on the curve - will make fitting longer denoms easier.

Both are looking good. I'm leaning more towards the top one, I like the shield being the focal point.
What if you were to lose the ring on the top one. This would give you room to bring the words in some and maybe be able to move the shield up a little giving more room at the bottom for the denom. Then the scroll marks could move up to the mid line and be angle a little from horizontal. The double sided design could work very well too as the overlayed denim an be much larger on the water mark shield side

Hi folks. Here's the latest inlay mock-ups. These are pretty close (the crosses will be black instead of color-matched).

I'm seeking input on two things...

• Horizontal or Curved denom?
  • What font should I use?
I'm not beholden to the font used in the mock-ups; in fact, the font is what I'm least sure about at this point. If you have any ideas for fonts, I'm open to suggestions! Can't be anything too complex as there's limited geography to work with.

Let me know your thoughts....

Continued thanks to you all and to P5Woody for helping me bring this to life so swiftly and awesomely!

Curved denom.png

Horizontal Denom.png

I think it looks awesome!

I'm on the horizontal denom camp as well and the fonts look good to me...

I noticed you tilted the chip a little... I think I know where you're going with that but I'm not sure I love it... The quarter pie and the inlay are pretty symmetric and I think either NS or EW orientation might look better...

Set will be killer Psy...

It is rarely done with ASM/CPC products, but I really think these chips will look their best with totally random inlay placement. Locking them into a specific orientation really limits the positive effects of variance.

It is rarely done with ASM/CPC products, but I really think these chips will look their best with totally random inlay placement. Locking them into a specific orientation really limits the positive effects of variance.

I think that's a good idea... I was thinking that + or x would look too nitty and the mock up would look a bit off... A bit of randomness would go a long way to make the inlay pop...

I'm not surprised to be in the minority, but I am surprised how small my minority is - I like the curved denom a lot better.

If left the pics up on my screen when I went to walk my dogs, and walking in, the chip with the curved denom looks a lot better to me - close up, and from a distance.

Looks good. Have you thought about swapping the colors on the 5000 and Bounty.

I've never been a fan of orange for the 5k - seems too close to yellow to me - so I skewed it to red instead of orange

Nevermind. :eek:

Here is a (kind of washed out) pic of my quarter pie tourney set:

I love them but, of my three tournament sets, this set gets the most complaints that the chips are hard to tell apart. This is particularly true if you have color-blind players. Just something to keep in mind.

L

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom