1/4 Pie Chip Set Color Opinions (1 Viewer)

Timmah

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to make a new chip set using 1/4 pie. The set will be Weird Al themed. I’ve always been a fan since second grade (early 80’s). Each chip will have an image of Al with the denomination. I am looking for bold, in your face colors that will compliment the image. Here’s what I’ve got so far for chip colors. The demons will be for a cash and tournament set. 25c, $1, $5, $25, $100, $500, $1000, $5000, $25000. All feedback is welcomed!

IMG_2565.png

I’m looking to make a new chip set using 1/4 pie. The set will be Weird Al themed. I’ve always been a fan since second grade (early 80’s). Each chip will have an image of Al with the denomination. I am looking for bold, in your face colors that will compliment the image. Here’s what I’ve got so far for chip colors. The demons will be for a cash and tournament set. 25c, $1, $5, $25, $100, $500, $1000, $5000, $25000. All feedback is welcomed!

View attachment 1286632

One of the problems with this edge spot is that you do not see a lot of the base color of the chip. That can be fine with a stand alone chip within a set. If you use this edge spot pattern across the entire set you will probably end up with dirty stack issues.

Alright John @JP1984 you have been foaming at the mouth! Post the Wasps brotha man! But IN the new sexy wooden racks please! Guess my capper went down with the titanic! Lol

L9 chips across the board will be pricey! Go with standard pies or maybe find another spot pattern and keep the L9 as a higher denom.
It would most likely be a ceramic hybrid like the Greek or Web mold.

Follow up question, when working in the inlays, what size should I use as a template? This is my first time creating a set by myself. In the past I hired a designer.

Follow up question, when working in the inlays, what size should I use as a template? This is my first time creating a set by myself. In the past I hired a designer.
If you're doing hybrid Tina chips (ie ones that have a proper label), the inlay needs to be 24mm on a 39mm chip. If you're doing general ceramics then you can effectively do any size you want, but around 24mm 'looks' right too :)

If you're doing hybrid Tina chips (ie ones that have a proper label), the inlay needs to be 24mm on a 39mm chip. If you're doing general ceramics then you can effectively do any size you want, but around 24mm 'looks' right too :)
Thank you sir. Would you suggest working on a larger size like 48mm then reducing it to 24mm, or just work with the 24mm on the computer. I’m super new to this.

Thank you sir. Would you suggest working on a larger size like 48mm then reducing it to 24mm, or just work with the 24mm on the computer. I’m super new to this.
I tend to start out with the chip/labels at the right size, then scale font's and logo's etc to fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom