PRICE INCREASES FROM APRIL 1, 2016 (1 Viewer)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
From April 1, our prices on all clay chip orders will increase by 5%. The price increase will apply to all orders paid for on that date or later.

We regret having to increase prices, but this is our first increase since starting back up 2 years ago. The increase merely mirrors our increased raw material and overhead costs during that same two years.

Thanks David, it would be excellent if you could also let us know if you foresee any color formulas being taken out of production or molds, only for the simple fact that people with sets might want to do add-ons if they know something in the near future wont be available any longer.

Thanks David, it would be excellent if you could also let us know if you foresee any color formulas being taken out of production or molds, only for the simple fact that people with sets might want to do add-ons if they know something in the near future wont be available any longer.

I don't see anything being taken out of production right now.

Hope J5 gets to me soon :)

If you know what chip colors you want there is no need to wait for J5 to place an order. In fact waiting for the art first will almost certainly delay your order.

If for whatever reason you are forced to wait for him, then the only way round it is to pay him more than I am offering him to delay your art :)

Seriously, John tends to prioritise based on when I need the art, and placing orders between now and 1 April is not going to make any difference to our scheduling.

If you know what chip colors you want there is no need to wait for J5 to place an order. In fact waiting for the art first will almost certainly delay your order.

If for whatever reason you are forced to wait for him, then the only way round it is to pay him more than I am offering him to delay your art :)

Seriously, John tends to prioritise based on when I need the art, and placing orders between now and 1 April is not going to make any difference to our scheduling.

How would you feel if we adjust the amounts up some after we get the J5 Art in?

For instance I know the colors I want on my hot stamp set but I wanted to make sample sets available to people here which will massage my total quantities up somewhat. I wouldn't take orders on those until I could show people the art.

I'm pretty dense...So if I know my chip colors, but haven't finalized the inlays, I can still place the order with the stipulation that the inlays are still a work in progress? I mean the inlay has no bearing on the cost as long as you know there will be one I guess but that is awesome to know if that is the case?

So I can pay for the chips and just hold on production until inlay art is done and at that time just let you know?

How would you feel if we adjust the amounts up some after we get the J5 Art in?

For instance I know the colors I want on my hot stamp set but I wanted to make sample sets available to people here which will massage my total quantities up somewhat. I wouldn't take orders on those until I could show people the art.

Couldn't really allow for that. Prices strictly have to apply at the time payment is made. The extras would have to be at a higher price. Otherwise I will have people placing 300 chip orders now and then adding 1000 chips on in May.
None of our suppliers gave us any notice of price increases, some of which we've been bearing for a year or more now.
I appreciate your particular example but really need to stick to one rule so everyone is treated fairly. Lets say someone in this position has to order 20 sample sets x 5 chips x $2 average. The 5% increase would only cost them $10.
A lot of people have to guess what samples they need anyway. I know its dependent on the mold and our schedule, but often the art isn't received until it's too late to increase quantities. The whole process depends on if you want your chips in 2 months or 5 so to speak.

I'm pretty dense...So if I know my chip colors, but haven't finalized the inlays, I can still place the order with the stipulation that the inlays are still a work in progress? I mean the inlay has no bearing on the cost as long as you know there will be one I guess but that is awesome to know if that is the case?

So I can pay for the chips and just hold on production until inlay art is done and at that time just let you know?

That is what about 50% of customers do and always have done.

Reactions: 72o

Have I ever turned in an order with art ready? or without changing the spots, colors and quantities several times?

From April 1, our prices on all clay chip orders will increase by 5%. The price increase will apply to all orders paid for on that date or later.

...and to keep with tradition I guess I'm forced to order next year's add-on now. Let me run the numbers.

Have I ever turned in an order with art ready? or without changing the spots, colors and quantities several times?

...and to keep with tradition I guess I'm forced to order next year's add-on now. Let me run the numbers.

You may as well as I already have the art for the two top denoms.
I reckon your order was light around 5,000 chips as it was :) :) :)

In the grand scheme of things 5% is nothing for the quality and service you guys provide. Hell my set would've cost $60 more if purchased after April 1st. When your talking about $1000+ sets that's a drop in the bucket.

Reactions: BNM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom