SOLD Pre-order: Custom Table Toppers (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's part of the mat. Where are you going to put your chips if you get rid of this?
1660324325521.gif

Is this outside area I marked in green part of the mat? If so can we just remove it and enlarge everything else to make the entire betting area larger?
As pointed out above, this is still just topping a Barrington table; you'll need somewhere to keep your chips. There's no big rail with built-in racks like a proper craps table. :)

Oh, Fark me! Just stop already!! I can only afford and have room for so many. I can't buy them all!
MUCH more affordable to have a table topper than to build an entire craps table!

Any thoughts on how to create a portable/temporary bumper to toss the dice into for a barrington style table?

MUCH more affordable to have a table topper than to build an entire craps table!

Any thoughts on how to create a portable/temporary bumper to toss the dice into for a barrington style table?
You can buy a craps diamond section and simply stand it up against the inside of the rail at one end. They are much heavier and sturdy than you would think.

I used a cardboard box at one point to tuck under the rail and then line the inside with the diamonds, but the diamonds stand up on their own without it.

You can buy a craps diamond section and simply stand it up against the inside of the rail at one end. They are much heavier and sturdy than you would think.

I used a cardboard box at one point to tuck under the rail and then line the inside with the diamonds, but the diamonds stand up on their own without it.
So something like this will just stand up on it's own?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OKFI6...olid=1O2VS2N1R7OVZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It wouldn't be constantly getting knocked over in the typical excitement of a craps game? In my experience they usually get pretty wild. I would think it would need a supporting structure to set on the end on the table.

So something like this will just stand up on it's own?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OKFI6...olid=1O2VS2N1R7OVZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It wouldn't be constantly getting knocked over in the typical excitement of a craps game? In my experience they usually get pretty wild. I would think it would need a supporting structure to set on the end on the table.
That's right. They are actually very heavy and rigid. Dice throw and shake test video here:

PXL_20220812_193243162.jpg

Oxypa4C.mp4

I also love the concept of a craps table.
My concern is that the place bet boxes (the 4,5, six,8, nine, 10) are too small. I'd much rather have lager place bet/lay bet boxes than an all/tall/small bet.

Making the layout a "half" table (like @ATLarchip suggested) would bea good way to make things fit better.

I'd also like to see a roulette topper.

Remove the Big 6 Big 8
Hi / lo / yo anywhere?
Horn bet?
I bet them just don’t know where they go sometimes. But those are popular bets.

Need space behind the pass line.

I wouldn’t worry about the up top hit them all. Takes a really experience player to keep track of that.

Damn cool tho.

Fixed some of the issues. Still need to think about the specialized bets being discussed, but for now I fixed the size of the point numbers and the pass line.

Way more work than I thought!

View attachment 966575
I don't think it's specialized bets. Roll them all/Make em All/All tall All Small whatever you call it is seen on pretty much all the craps table I've seen. It's a pretty standard bet and one I try every time I roll.

I would also suggest color matching the one time bets inside the hardways box (2,3,11,12)

This thing is turning out awesome by the way...with a few tweaks you will be lining up quite a few orders for this!

Fixed some of the issues. Still need to think about the specialized bets being discussed, but for now I fixed the size of the point numbers and the pass line.

View attachment 966575
Major improvements!

Here's the way I'd envision it personally, with my sloppy mouse-drawn lines over your current design:
1660416238855.png

Using that 'fat' space at the head of the tables to pull everything else inward allows you to get a gap between the six & 8 bet zones, which could be used for the fire bets (tall/small/all), with a bit of fidgeting anyway.

Alternatively, it's worth noting that generally speaking, players aren't going to play from the 'back' side of the table with craps, since that's where the dealer(s) would be, and since the Pass Line is never going to reach around to there. That means you could use that part of the race track (above the place bet zones) for the aforementioned fire bets instead of trying to readjust the whole design further.

e: Oh also going to add here instead of yet another post: since you're leaning towards half-size, you could probably find a way to do away with one of the sets of C&E bets? But would also require a lot more design work to clean it all up so it didn't feel totally uneven.

Okay I'm replying again anyway after looking at more things: you could buy yourself even more space between SIX & 8 if you moved the Don't Come Bar down as a subset of the Come bet zone, like in this picture from @ATLarchip on the previous page.

1660417610412.png

4/5/6 all slide even more left, 8/9/10 slide more right, tons* of space between 6 & 8 for fire bets! That pictured table also doesn't feature C&E at all, which is an option. /shrug

*I mean, more at least. maybe not tons :sneaky:

What's the significance of the "railroad tracks" above and below your point numbers? (the 2 sets of parallel horizontal lines)

1660418676434.png

If memory serves (it's been a while since I've had a chance to play) the bars created above and below each number are used for the various players place/buy bets on those numbers, while the top-most bar that's created is used for lay bets (essentially the inverse of the buy bets, used for players betting the Don't Pass vs the Pass). Ultimately they're not SUPER needed if you wanted to keep the design cleaner.

View attachment 966575
That's a lot of room for the pass line. Pass line is only a single bet from each player and all players don't make that bet. A single thin bar all the way around like you have bottom should be enough and it will free up real estate to Make em All bets. I'm not sure what those E and C bets bets are.

That's a lot of room for the pass line. Pass line is only a single bet from each player and all players don't make that bet. A single like you have below should be enough and it will clear room for make em all bets. I'm not sure what those E and C bets bets are.
C&E are single-roll bets for any Craps (2,3,12) or Eleven.

What's the significance of the "railroad tracks" above and below your point numbers? (the 2 sets of parallel horizontal lines)

View attachment 966747
Place bets are positioned around the inside of the box. The middle area, in the center of the box, is where come bets are moved to and Buy bets are positioned. The area above the double line is where lay bets are positioned.
I consider the railroad tracks important to distinguish place bets and come/buy bets.

Here's an example game to illustrate...

I'm not showing any Pass or Don't pass bets.
In this example the point rolled is nine. Then multiple people bet on the come bet and varying place bets. Two people layed the 4 and 10. The next roll was a 5. These come bets are moved to the middle of the 5. Some added odds to their 5.

Green = Place bets
Yellow = come bets (Gold = odds)
Red = Lay bets
Dont Pass

Now we're waiting on the shooter, and here's how everything looks.

1660422832934.png

Notice how nobody bet on the Big 6 or 8 because they are shit bets! :)

Also, I really like this style @NotDunric!

@rjdev7 Couple things that still stand out is
  • The Seven bet in the middle. It's really tall. You can make it the same height as the Any Craps bet on the bottom. It's be more vertically symmetrical and you'll have room for other stuff between the 6 and 8 place bet boxes.
  • Please balance the size of the Field bet and Come bet. The Field bet area feels to large.
  • The Odds bet (below the Pass Line and would be in the outer racetrack) is right in where players would be keeping their chips. I don't know what can be done about this because we need room for everything else. Also, the On/Off puck would probably be right in the way of the working stacks of the dealer's/house's chips.

Last edited:
Place bets are one positioned around the inside of the box. The middle are in the center of the box is where come bets are moved to. The area above the double line is where lay bets are positioned.
I consider the railroad tracks important to distinguish place bets and come/buy bets.

Here's an example game to illustrate...

I'm not showing any Pass or Don't pass bets.
In this example the point rolled is nine. Then multiple people bet on the come bet and varying place bets. Two people layed the 4 and 10. The next roll was a 5. These come bets are moved to the middle of the 5. Some added odds to their 5.

Green = Place bets
Yellow = come bets (Gold = odds)
Red = Lay bets
Dont Pass

Now we're waiting on the shooter, and here's how everything looks.

View attachment 966786

Notice how nobody bet on the Big 6 or 8 because they are shit bets! :)

Also, I really like this style @NotDunric ! Couple things that still stand out is
  • The Seven bet in the middle. It's really tall. You can make it the same height as the Any Craps bet on the bottom. It's be more vertically symmetrical and you'll have room for other stuff between the 6 and 8 place bet boxes.
  • Please balance the size of the Field bet and Come bet. The Field bet area feels to large.
1660424354407.gif

Agree with the stuff @Carnth added! Field & Come could be balanced out on the current official version, and the Any Seven space is pretty large.

Here's another sloppy iteration that you could use for inspiration (or visualization, at least) with some more detail.
  • Moved the Don't Come bar down into the Come bet zone.
  • Added a take on small/tall/all bet zones and spaces for the dealer to mark each number with a chip. This space could be laid out in a number of ways I'm sure.
  • Removed the C&E options (depending on the actual scale design work, there may still be a way to keep them, but wouldn't hurt much to lose them).
  • Drew in the hard/seven/craps zones for visualization of how it could fit in the middle.
  • Extended the pass & don't pass lines to run a little further towards the center before curving off; figure trying to make it easier for players to play from that center position wouldn't hurt. Could potentially just run the bet lines all the way around, provided you could fit the hard/seven/craps zones above it still.
Enjoying this little brainstorm regardless of the outcome! Thanks for even entertaining this idea and putting any work in on the idea at all, @rjdev7

1660425147694.png

• The Odds bet (below the Pass Line and would be in the outer racetrack) is right in where players would be keeping their chips. I don't know what can be done about this because we need room for everything else. Also, the On/Off puck would probably be right in the way of the working stacks of the dealer's/house's chips.
I think the Odds thing is just something players will have to be responsible for managing between their stacks and bets, and is just a given limitation of a topper type table like this, unless an entire additional betting line was added to the loop, but that just eats into overall design space.

As for the On/Off, if the dealer's/house's chips are all housed in the center near the fire bets, the puck shouldn't interfere at all. Depends on the bank size, ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom