SOLD Pre-order: Custom Table Toppers (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craps.png

Ok. I think I nailed most of the feedback that was doable. Some of it (e.g. odds bet on pass line) is going to be tricky just bc of the oval shape. I think folks will get that bets behind your original bet are odds bets, but let me know if you think this is a huge deal.

Personally I'm really happy how it came out. My only remaining question is the color scheme. Is the white on blue legible enough? Is dark better?

Craps_Dark.png

Last edited:
View attachment 966949
Ok. I think I nailed most of the feedback that was doable. Some of it (e.g. odds bet on pass line) is going to be tricky just bc of the oval shape. I think folks will get that bets behind your original bet are odds bets, but let me know if you think this is a huge deal.
Repeating the #2-12 on the Boom or bust is not needed. Also calling it Boom or Bust might be confusing. It should look like this.
1660445547894.png

All Small and All Tall makers cover Make'Em All. The Make'Em All is a separate bet in itself, but they share the same markers for All Small and All Tall.

Lol I'd imagine people busting out a roll after folding a hand in hold'em. I like it. Maybe the circle pattern background is distracting. There's already a lot going on the felt. Maybe the important numbers should be more contrasting colors like a traditional craps felt.

Lol I'd imagine people busting out a roll after folding a hand in hold'em. I like it. Maybe the circle pattern background is distracting. There's already a lot going on the felt.
Yeah I made it less transparent in the dark version (see second one above) and I really think I like that one better as it shows less circle pattern in the gaming area, while keeping it around the border. Seems easier to read.

View attachment 966949

Personally I'm really happy how it came out. My only remaining question is the color scheme. Is the white on blue legible enough? Is dark better?

View attachment 966959
The darker second pic is much more pleasing to my eyes

prettygood-eurotrip.gif

Yes, I agree. With an oval shape there will be compromises, and the odds bet is an acceptable one.

I only have a couple of more nitpicks... But I want to let you know: As it is right now, you already have a sale from me and I think more than a few others here.

My nitpicks are:
  • You don't need the words "Place Bets" in the place bets. It's ok that it's there. But my personal preference is that they should be removed.
  • In the Field, the 2 should have the words "Pays double" and the 12 should have the words "Pays Triple"
    • Some people only want to pay only double on 2 and 12. Some want to pay triple on both. So it's probably good that you don't have it listed. But :shrug:
  • Does this come in blurple?
Repeating the #2-12 on the Boom or bust is not needed. Also calling it Boom or Bust might be confusing. It should look like this.
All Small and All Tall makers cover Make'Em All. The Make'Em All is a separate bet in itself, but they share the same markers for All Small and All Tall.

This is also true. So you don't need as many numbers up there. And those circles should be the same size as the C E bet circles. Which are 43 mm if I recall?

prettygood-eurotrip.gif

Yes, I agree. With an oval shape there will be compromises, and the odds bet is an acceptable one.

I only have a couple of more nitpicks... But I want to let you know: As it is right now, you already have a sale from me and I think more than a few others here.

My nitpicks are:
  • You don't need the words "Place Bets" in the place bets. It's ok that it's there. But my personal preference is that they should be removed.
  • In the Field, the 2 should have the words "Pays double" and the 12 should have the words "Pays Triple"
    • Some people only want to pay only double on 2 and 12. Some want to pay triple on both. So it's probably good that you don't have it listed. But :shrug:

This is also true. So you don't need as many numbers up there. And those circles should be the same size as the C E bet circles. Which are 43 mm if I recall?
^ yes

And perfect gif.

Nice work @rjdev7 you're crushing it!

Removed this comment -- see latest iteration below.

Last edited:
prettygood-eurotrip.gif

My nitpicks are:

So I can just get rid of the middle repeating numbers? How about the dividers between All Tall and All Small?

So I can just get rid of the middle repeating numbers? How about the dividers between All Tall and All Small?
Yes it should look like this
Repeating the #2-12 on the Boom or bust is not needed. Also calling it Boom or Bust might be confusing. It should look like this. View attachment 966955
I mean you could have all them repeat again, but I think that's an outdated layout. It's cleaner and less markers.

Also having circles around them are important.

LOVE the second, darker color scheme. TAKE MY MONEY!!!

I am curious if there was a reason why you didn't want to narrow the pass line and have it follow the curvature of the oval topper. The way you have it still looks like you're trying to force the standard rectangular shape onto the oval table. Certainly not a deal breaker, but just wonder what your reasoning is.

LOVE the second, darker color scheme. TAKE MY MONEY!!!

I am curious if there was a reason why you didn't want to narrow the pass line and have it follow the curvature of the oval topper. The way you have it still looks like you're trying to force the standard rectangular shape onto the oval topper. Certainly not a deal breaker, but just wonder what your reasoning is.
There's no way to make it match the curve of the oval bc it would be a straight line down (below the pass line) and then curve abruptly over to join the oval border. It looks worse that way than this way honestly.

This

or

Something like this (with the circles around the numbers):

View attachment 966985
Yeah this is usually how it's laid out. It's more out the way of the dice, if the lammer marker get hits it's less confusing of where it was originally, and it makes more room for the betting box. With the circles of course. All Tall, make em all, and all Small can be centered.

1660449688125.png

Struggle for me to choose between the 2. I think the dark is easier to read for sure, but the white looks better. Maybe if the black was a dark navy instead I'd go for it in a heartbeat, but this is a tough call. Either way I'm in!

Final versions (Light & Dark)

Dammit! I spent about an hour in 'Shop trying to make some edits and @rjdev7 posts his "final" version while I was still working on it.

But, between the two, my personal opinion, the Black text/lines is much more readable.
But also, still requesting Blurple. Blurple with white text might just be awesome.

I'm still going to post what I did (based on the last version from last night). I edited only the left side, because I already spent way too long on this. And I guess you get to see kind of a before/after in one image.

Craps_Dark-carnth.png

List of differences:
  • The "Make 'Em All" Betting boxes are larger (the number markers need the circles again AND the "All small... etc" text can be above the payout amount)
  • I rotated the side "Don't Come" and "Don't Pass" text to match the "Pass Line" text that is already rotated.
  • I got rid of Big 6 and 8 again, to make room for a bigger "Don't Come" betting area and to increase the Come bet area.
    • I guess I'm just one of those people who like a bigger come.... bet area. :sneaky:
  • Consequently, the Field bet area is a bit smaller. I didn't spend time to round the corner of the Field.
  • Got rid of about half the C/E bet circles, purely for the looks (makes the area less busy). I don't think we're going to have 14 players at a Barrington sized table.

Dammit! I spent about an hour in 'Shop trying to make some edits and @rjdev7 posts his "final" version while I was still working on it.

But, between the two, my personal opinion, the Black text/lines is much more readable.
But also, still requesting Blurple. Blurple with white text might just be awesome.

I'm still going to post what I did (based on the last version from last night). I edited only the left side, because I already spent way too long on this. And I guess you get to see kind of a before/after in one image.

View attachment 967192

List of differences:
  • The "Make 'Em All" Betting boxes are larger (the number markers need the circles again AND the "All small... etc" text can be above the payout amount)
  • I rotated the side "Don't Come" and "Don't Pass" text to match the "Pass Line" text that is already rotated.
  • I got rid of Big 6 and 8 again, to make room for a bigger "Don't Come" betting area and to increase the Come bet area.
    • I guess I'm just one of those people who like a bigger come.... bet area. :sneaky:
  • Consequently, the Field bet area is a bit smaller. I didn't spend time to round the corner of the Field.
  • Got rid of about half the C/E bet circles, purely for the looks (makes the area less busy). I don't think we're going to have 14 players at a Barrington sized table.
I really appreciate the effort but I think the topper is good as it is in its final form, weighing all the proposed changes. My last version has the updated circles at the top by the all small all tall area, and when the topper is in person the areas you are extending are going to be plenty big enough to place 5 or 6 or even 7 bets (assuming there are betting areas on both ends of the table).

At this point I’m going to conclude the design so we stop spinning our wheels :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom