Post your 8V semi custom thread (1 Viewer)

I gotcha. Nice design. Will you have enough 25’s
Thanks!

I have 230 greens (thanks again!). Would like to get to 300. If I can get the 10 from the sale ad that just got posted, I’ll have 240 and that will be good in most situations.

It will be on a black chip - just pulling in the green edge spot.

I love the design and I get the deer is the color of the chip. I’m a little worried about pulling in the edge spot colors, though. I did that on a tournament set once and while I thought it was incredibly obvious, there were a few players who looked at the denomination color and got mixed up.

Just a word of warning. I think your chips are less obvious about the edge spot than mine were (which is good). So, hopefully you won’t have that problem.

Again, love the design.

I love the design and I get the deer is the color of the chip. I’m a little worried about pulling in the edge spot colors, though. I did that on a tournament set once and while I thought it was incredibly obvious, there were a few players who looked at the denomination color and got mixed up.

Just a word of warning. I think your chips are less obvious about the edge spot than mine were (which is good). So, hopefully you won’t have that problem.

Again, love the design.
Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback and you do raise a good point. Particularly because I was inconsistent with its application (the pink chip for example has a purple deer and the gray chip has a red deer while the rest of the chips deer color is that of the main chip color). There are some inconsistencies with the number colors as well. Usually that kind of stuff drives me crazy, but for whatever reason I was a little more flexible to have what I thought made the chip pop the most.

At the end of the day, the denominations are on there so hopefully it won’t be too much of an issue, but it probably would have been good to consider that.

Very happy about this. Here’s almost all of them. Once I get the table worked on and set up properly it will be game on. Hoping for March or April.

Attachments

• C5F584E9-28F8-495F-B848-9C551C8FE5B5.jpeg
    C5F584E9-28F8-495F-B848-9C551C8FE5B5.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 7B0E5810-7A9E-424D-8EA8-A7D7CBCB7FAF.jpeg
    7B0E5810-7A9E-424D-8EA8-A7D7CBCB7FAF.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 57558DF8-9FCF-4D18-9B6F-17262427FF9E.jpeg
    57558DF8-9FCF-4D18-9B6F-17262427FF9E.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 272
Ask and ye shall recieve!

25's - blue crab
View attachment 257186

100's - rock fish
View attachment 257185

500's - thoroughbred
View attachment 257184

1000's - terrapin
View attachment 257183

5000's - oriole
View attachment 257182

Those turned out GREAT! The brown 1,000s are prob my favorite. I’m bummed I can’t make it Saturday I would love to play with them. I’m shuffling my 8vs right now and really like the feel. I suspect after some shuffling they will get smooth.

Those turned out GREAT! The brown 1,000s are prob my favorite. I’m bummed I can’t make it Saturday I would love to play with them. I’m shuffling my 8vs right now and really like the feel. I suspect after some shuffling they will get smooth.
They are quite good. Got another game the 16th. I’m psyched!

I oiled a few of each color. For my money, the improvement in color was outweighed by change in feel. Plus, I didn’t have to oil 1600 more chips.
Expand please, did you not like the change in feel? From what I have seen so far, these take oil well. really helps the colors pop.

Expand please, did you not like the change in feel? From what I have seen so far, these take oil well. really helps the colors pop.

I am also curious if oiling these enhances the plastic quality of them (not good).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom