Post mockups for fun/science? (3 Viewers)

It's used in a number of coat of arms. Typically associated with the French, but it's in the centre of Spanish monarchy's coat of arms.

1640574952800.png

The real significance, though, is that I designed all the rest of my 'Matador Room' custom gear with the intention of getting custom FDL ASM's, as a the time I liked the larger inlay. Then later on I had an about face and ended up prefering 1" inlays, and bought a cheap set of mint THC's but already had a bundle of stuff with FDL's printed all over it. Oops. :LOL: :laugh:

Maybe you have a good point and this is a great excuse to change the logo and buy a whole new set of custom stuff all over again

What is the significance of the fleur de lis? I associate it with French culture whereas Matador I associate with Spanish. I’m no expert on French or Spanish history, so I may be missing a link between the two but just curious.

FDL is a royal symbol in general. I don't think it's specifically linked to France.

Last edited:
Hey guys, not sure if this is kosher for this sub-forum or not, but I thought it would be fun to post any random sets you have in your design tool that you think are good enough to share with the world... I'm sure you all have a few ;)

If we contained them to this (or a weekly/monthly thread or something) it wouldn't clutter up the rest of the board, and it might help others come up with ideas for their own sets.

Anyway, this is just something I threw together and have no real intentions of turning into a set, just wanted to see how you guys would improve it. I think I was repressing all my dayglo desire while thinking about the Mayfair set... so this set is pretty bright and busy...

First impressions are maybe too much blue/purp-ish
Hey there…I’m kinda’ new to the forum & enjoy seeing the design process and helping create some fun sets…
I really like the black chip!! The colours are great!
I think the first chip doesn’t fit in to the rest of the set, standing out a little too much and needs another darker colour to soften the brightness a little… the pink is could be toned down a little from the choice of inlay… I realise you said you weren’t keen on making it into set, though have you thought about gradient for the background? Or matching the colours of the spots throughout the set?

Biggered the arabic and the "sand", did some color matching. I think maybe I'll start looking for that magic font that really puts this over the top (though this one isn't bad necessarily):

to8n7Cp.jpg
Please tell me this is getting made? Absolutely phenomenal — especially what you've done with the pyramids and camel!

View attachment 853605

Ideally want to put a custom Bellagio style inlays....thoughts?
Standard demons $1, $5, $25, $100, $500, $1k, and $5k

Three things that stuck out to me

- The $5 and $25 both have the same color spot (gray), I would change one
- I don't love that the $5 and $1K are almost identical, even though I'm assuming they won't be in play together
- My experience with purple $500 chips is that they can often be dirty stack culprits with the $100 chip. Considering they both have green edgespots, I'd look at tweaking one of them.

Three things that stuck out to me

- The $5 and $25 both have the same color spot (gray), I would change one
- I don't love that the $5 and $1K are almost identical, even though I'm assuming they won't be in play together
- My experience with purple $500 chips is that they can often be dirty stack culprits with the $100 chip. Considering they both have green edgespots, I'd look at tweaking one of them.
Thanks for the input! I too do not like both $5 and $25 having gray. For me, the $5 and $1k are both up for debate. Guess I'll have to try to find a new color scheme for the $100s, I like the $500 too much to change it.

Beautiful, AK!
Still, I 'd make the $1 a 4DSA316 and its "White" spots "bright white" (no premium)
I 'd also turn the Purple spots on the hundo to Lavender, for more contrast.
Edit: I 'd also make the frac a quarter pie

Last edited:
Beautiful, AK!
Still, I 'd make the $1 a 4DSA316 and its "White" spots "bright white" (no premium)
I 'd also turn the Purple spots on the hundo to Lavender, for more contrast.
Edit: I 'd also make the frac a quarter pie
I like the 1/4 pie idea, I don't want to tweak the colors due to matching inlays I will be using from my original set.

IMG_4603.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom