Post mockups for fun/science? (7 Viewers)

I'm waiting on some mold and color samples to arrive before designing an inlay, but getting started with the design tool for a cash game set 5c, 25c, $1, $5, $20, $100. I changed the 25c and $5 to be darker on the spotted chips to make the edgespots pop a little more. I'm trying to keep it on the cheaper side so I didn't get super imaginative, and I'm also not convinced that I won't go for solids anyway.

Solids -

TBW.png

314 spotted -

TBW1.png

112 - 1/4PIE spotted progression -

TBW2.png

Last edited:
I'm waiting on some mold and color samples to arrive before designing an inlay, but getting started with the design tool for a cash game set 5c, 25c, $1, $5, $20, $100. I changed the 25c and $5 to be darker on the spotted chips to make the edgespots pop a little more. I'm trying to keep it on the cheaper side so I didn't get super imaginative, and I'm also not convinced that I won't go for solids anyway.

Solids -

View attachment 85987

314 spotted -

View attachment 85984

112 - 1/4PIE spotted progression -

View attachment 85985

I like solids. I like the first one. If I was doing spots I much prefer chips with an edge spot progression similar to what number 3 has. As a matter of fact. I really like the 3rd mock up. The only change I might consider is the gray/bright chip. For some reason it seems out of place to me.

I like solids. I like the first one. If I was doing spots I much prefer chips with an edge spot progression similar to what number 3 has. As a matter of fact. I really like the 3rd mock up. The only change I might consider is the gray/bright chip. For some reason it seems out of place to me.

Honestly you have no idea how glad I am that you said this. I hate the gray/bright white chip in the spotted lines but couldn't find an alternative, and that's just how I settled when I got done with trying last night. I generally don't like white chips so I was looking for an alternative for the $1.

Solids are in the lead, also because I'm probably going to work on a retro inlay. The DG spots weren't around in the era I'm going for, so they won't exactly match the theme of the set. That's actually why I mocked up a 112+/314 instead of going for fancier spots, that and the cost.

If I do go with spots it'll either be the progression listed or a flat 314 across with different spot colors. The Signal set made by @dew4au looks phenominal with the 314 spots which is why I started considering the same spot across the entire set.

Since I can't play poker for a while still (baby duty) I spend too much time in chip builder.

Another idea for a set I have is based on the Cuyahoga River when it caught on fire many years ago.

I love the many draw bridges that cross it and how they look at night lit up. I walked across these bridges many times in my 20's going from bars on the East bank to the West Bank of the Flats.

The set is the Burning River card room. Cash set $0.25 through $100

The idea is to incorporate the fire on the river into a bright neon colored bar/club that have been in the banks of the river for so long now.

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg
IMG_2635.PNG

It will be a while before I do another custom set, a year or 2 minimum but I would like to do it on the Diamond Square mold with a mostly simple spot progression and more simple, maybe even black and white inlay i.e. Rounders style.

This inlay is just s place holder. I love the look of the charcoal $1, I never really thought of it as a base color until I got @k9dr sample set of Suicide Queens and love the $20!

IMG_2666.jpg

It will be a while before I do another custom set, a year or 2 minimum but I would like to do it on the Diamond Square mold with a mostly simple spot progression and more simple, maybe even black and white inlay i.e. Rounders style.

This inlay is just s place holder. I love the look of the charcoal $1, I never really thought of it as a base color until I got @k9dr sample set of Suicide Queens and love the $20!

View attachment 93515

I almost made it 1.5 years before doing my second custom set :)

Future $2 dollar chip for my cash set. I like the blue chip the best but think the yellow may go with the set better.

PatrickSinnettFinalMockup[1].jpg

125844AE-B654-4FA8-B7CD-B2C2C500C8E6.png

I agree, I like the blue as well, but I like the middle yellow one even better and I think it works best for your set. And the spots match the base colors of the $0.25, $2, $5 and $25. Not sure if you planned that, but it really ties in nicely.

I agree, I like the blue as well, but I like the middle yellow one even better and I think it works best for your set. And the spots match the base colors of the $0.25, $2, $5 and $25. Not sure if you planned that, but it really ties in nicely.
Edge spots were meant to match the set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom