Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (33 Viewers)

Our group has recently gotten into poker shirts (some little penalty (or two) at the host's discretion if you show up not wearing a poker themed shirt).

I found one of these on OfferUp for $5 but haven't been able to meet up yet:

s-l1600pk.jpg

So, in the meantime, I had a couple made:

20230828_185905.jpg

Thinking about making one more, something along the lines of How you like them apples but with "deez nuts" instead of them apples... :D

ETA - the one on the right was through StickerMule. OK quality shirt, good price ($20.95 delivered), took about 3 weeks after approving the proof - but they only print on the front. The one of the left was VistaPrint, OK quality shirt, higher price (little over $31), took about a week, they print on both front and back (there's a smaller design, different than the back, on the front left breast). Also btw, Zazzle wouldn't make the shirt on the left for me because they consider it a copywrite violation...

Last edited:
Got Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp in Sideshow statuette's.....pretty sure i lost the good doc's knife.
Couldn't get an good Eastwood one back when collecting.....had to do with Clint having last say.

Heading to Hawaii in a couple weeks, and I decided to pick up an inexpensive travel scope for this trip, meetups, work travel, etc. This is the first telescope I've bought in years - the skies around central Florida are awful, so most of my scopes just gather dust these days.

I wanted as much aperture as I could get while being able to throw the base into a checked bag and carry the tube on in a pack or small pelican. I settled on an inexpensive 130mm truss dob. If the skies permit I'll give it first light tonight.

PXL_20230923_223259974.jpg

Heading to Hawaii in a couple weeks, and I decided to pick up an inexpensive travel scope for this trip, meetups, work travel, etc. This is the first telescope I've bought in years - the skies around central Florida are awful, so most of my scopes just gather dust these days.

I wanted as much aperture as I could get while being able to throw the base into a checked bag and carry the tube on in a pack or small pelican. I settled on an inexpensive 130mm truss dob. If the skies permit I'll give it first light tonight.

View attachment 1200044
Dobson 130/650 ?

It is coming….

Siem Confucius.jpeg
Meant to update this back in August, but I was having too much fun.

Having moved to New York in school, I went close to 25 years between owning the only two cars I’ve ever owned, both purchased used. I decided it was high time I bought one new, and decided to do it right.

IMG_3188.jpeg

Meant to update this back in August, but I was having too much fun.

Having moved to New York in school, I went close to 25 years between owning the only two cars I’ve ever owned, both purchased used. I decided it was high time I bought one new, and decided to do it right.

View attachment 1200451
A5, S5 or SQ5?

Either one it’s a great machine.

Yes, it's a Sky-Watcher Heritage 130p. I made a couple of minor mods (added a light shroud and teflon tape to the focuser), but otherwise it's stock out of the box.

Took it out again later and got a nice look at Jupiter - skies were good and I saw very clear banding.

I gifted this exact same one to my brother a couple of years ago. It's very portable and the aperture is good enough for some bright deep-sky objects like Orion or Andromeda.

You'll have a blast using it.

I gifted this exact same one to my brother a couple of years ago. It's very portable and the aperture is good enough for some bright deep-sky objects like Orion or Andromeda.

You'll have a blast using it.
Yep, I'm very familiar with this type of scope. I also own a Vixen R130SF that typically lives on an alt-az mount, and that's been my grab and go for years.

I bought the new one only because it's more portable thanks to the trusses and the dob base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom