Poll: which label for my 8v's? (1 Viewer)

Light or dark?

• Light

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I've got a little fine tuning to do, but I'm looking for opinions. Light or dark? (Obviously, the colors and spots aren't exact, but it gets close enough.)
8v light:dark.png

I 'm always partial to black labels and might feel guilty from time to time for not being impartial , but these labels (and, for these chips) are a no-brainer. Black all the way, sir!
Period._

I may play with the dark and add a little gradient, just for some texture. I'm a little split. I'm partial to dark labels, as well, but I like the look of the light one here. Hmm...

I may play with the dark and add a little gradient, just for some texture. I'm a little split. I'm partial to dark labels, as well, but I like the look of the light one here. Hmm...

^^^This. I normally prefer black labels, but the lighter version of these appeals more to me for some reason.

Black/Dark > Grey/White...
Gradient looks better but...
Add a bit of some color to the inlay and it'will look great (The Acres text or the denomination, even the donkey, etc..) white text on black is kinda plain.

Dude this is awesome. Help me with my label next and I'll send you some money lol :whistle: :whistling:;)
I’m afraid this is sort of a blind-squirrel-finds-a-nut situation. But, send me some chips, and I’ll see what I can do. Preferably, THC Paulsons. :D

Very nice design work, and the dark gradient looks great. I'd keep the gradient on the donkey but drop it on the denom. Also much prefer the 7/8" inlay over the 1-1/16" but can appreciate you wanting the text as big as possible.

Very nice design work, and the dark gradient looks great. I'd keep the gradient on the donkey but drop it on the denom. Also much prefer the 7/8" inlay over the 1-1/16" but can appreciate you wanting the text as big as possible.
They're going on the 8v's, so the label will be about 1.1". Thanks for the input!

D'oh, right in the title, haha! Can't wait to see the finished set!

Awesome design! New to the site and of course within a week I’m purchasing a couple sets. Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m having difficulty, is there a thread or specific users who can help design and what’s a general rate for the work?

Awesome design! New to the site and of course within a week I’m purchasing a couple sets. Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m having difficulty, is there a thread or specific users who can help design and what’s a general rate for the work?
There are a few established designers on the forum: @p5woody, @Quicksilver-75 are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think there's a designer thread somewhere around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom