Poll... Squeeze 11 on a 10 player table, or use 2 short handed tables? (1 Viewer)

You have 11 players. Would you use a single table or go with two tables?

• Total voters
2 short handed games are always going to be more enjoyable than an over stuffed single table of 11.

I would even argue to go to two tables of 5 over a single table of 10, especially if playing anything other than Hold'em.

Full or overfull table -- if I wanted to get that feeling, it'd be cheaper to just use public transport during rush hours. Nah thanks. I'm not one of those who need a separate seat for each of their balls, but I hate being squeezed between people. I want some personal space.

Make the 11th person the dealer. He is likely to make more money than most of the players in the game :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think I'd prefer 2 short tables if it's a cash game, and one overfilled table if it's a tournament format. Though I can't say why.

My players do not like 5 and under tables. I have 8 ft tables and we fit an 11th when needed. If the table is 7ft then it prob would not work.

I hate shorthanded games, but at least it'll be comfortable. Time to whip out the backup table (y) :thumbsup:

Depends on your players. If they are expecting 10-handed NLHE, 11-handed NLHE is closer to 10-handed than two short tables would be.

That said, if you have larger (sweatier) friends, two short-handed tables may be preferred, depsite the difference in game play.

For multi table tournaments, I generally combine the tables down to 11 instead of running one table at 5 and one table at 6. Normally, the #11 person is felted in a few hands anyway due to our blind structure at the time we usually are down to 11. Our blinds really punish the entire table quickly if left to play with 5 and 6 at two tables.

For cash, you're in a bind. I think 11 is too much for cash but I'd be okay with it for one night, or until someone leaves. In thinking more about it, I personally would rather play 11 handed still than 5 handed at a table for cash. I'm not a real fan of 6 max though like some people are.

I guess my vote overall is 11 at one table over 6/5 at two tables but I would try to avoid 11 in a cash game.

(Interesting poll results...I've definitely not in the majority here)

One of the 11 players couldn't make it. Ended up with one table of 10. Never mind...

File_000_zps8ogujbn3.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom