POLL: Favorite CPC mold by FEEL (1 Viewer)

What’s your favorite CPC mold by FEEL only?

• Total voters
Actually I’ve always thought it looked like a guy doing a rain dance

092282F6-4B16-46AC-B15A-2CAB6E6FFFE7.jpeg

Meh... on the felt, old near-blind farts can't tell wtf it is, other than eight not-overly-large nifty images equally spaced around the chip. Works for me.

I find the HHR mold images to be too identifiable and busy.

I love my disqares! Feel and sound are just lovely.

I'm always disappointed how little love there is here for the hourglass. Easily my second favorite mold. Even when they are fairly new, they shuffle so nicely.

Not to ruin the Jockey mold (because I do like it) but it does look a bit like he's trying to pop a squat. :oops:
Actually I’ve always thought it looked like a guy doing a rain dance

View attachment 728689

I'm always disappointed how little love there is here for the hourglass. Easily my second favorite mold. Even when they are fairly new, they shuffle so nicely.

Not to ruin the Jockey mold (because I do like it) but it does look a bit like he's trying to pop a squat. :oops:
Diasq is great.

Funnily enough though I owned a set of hourglass and they really didn't do it for me. They felt a bit less substantial if I recall correctly.

@Irish , have time for a field experiment? The Jockey and Large Crowns feel heavier but I don't know if they definitely are.

I got home a little early tonight, so I got out the scale and CPC sample set:

20210629_204424.jpg

I've found that you'll often get a bit of weight fluctuation from chip to chip, so I thought the better approach to this would be weighing a stack of 10 chips and getting the average weight. With the exception of the FDL mold, the numbers were pretty close to what @madforpancakes posted above, they're nearly all within +/- 0.2g

Comparison:
1625012969610.png

And just my numbers, sorted heaviest to lightest:

1625013012334.png

And for those doubting Thomas's who need proof............

20210629_195754.jpg
20210629_195803.jpg
20210629_195809.jpg
20210629_195823.jpg
20210629_195832.jpg
20210629_195839.jpg
20210629_195855.jpg
20210629_195906.jpg
20210629_195914.jpg
20210629_195920.jpg
20210629_195926.jpg

20210629_195951.jpg

20210629_195945.jpg

20210629_195938.jpg

20210629_195932.jpg

20210629_200005.jpg

20210629_195958.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve become a fan of the very light diecard mold. Shuffle and sound is great. Circle square and jockey are awesome too. I haven’t shuffled diesquare but prob need to.

I am in the middle of this movie Croupier with Clive Owen that Netflix kept recommending to me. Looks like the Jockey mold. The other chips looked look a different mold though like Greek key or something. But the spots look too bright to be CPC (ASM at that point).

F42B7C58-250F-4139-A4ED-1412A404AF50.jpeg
152ADB60-7AB8-4A39-81AC-DD56D60AE1ED.jpeg

I am in the middle of this movie Croupier with Clive Owen that Netflix kept recommending to me. Looks like the Jockey mold. The other chips looked look a different mold though like Greek key or something. But the spots look too bright to be CPC (ASM at that point).

View attachment 731354View attachment 731355
How’s the movie? Been thinking about checking it out

Looks like I'm the only vote for hourglass so far :confused. I've by no means tried them all, but I picked up inlayed shuffle stacks of csq and disqr because I've seen a lot of love for those. I also have an inlayed shuffle stack of hourglass because I like the idea of a larger inlay. The hourglass feels slightly less substantial I guess, but I love the way the inlay feels. I think the slight recess on the hourglass means the inlay really gets imbedded in there and becomes a part of the chip, including gaining the chip's texture. The inlays on csq and disqr are smooth and feel more like stickers to me. I've even been able to get my fingernail under some of those inlays and pry them loose. Can't peel off the hourglass inlays tho (granted I was only given 7/8 and 1 inch inlay samples, so I don't know if this is still true for the larger inlay). I also like the texture around the rim of the hourglass; it gives a little resistance when shuffling and makes them fun to rub together. I can see them collecting dirt pretty fast tho.

Alright everyone, I am within days of submitting my official CPC order. Jockey and H mold are in the current open window. I see lots of good feedback about the "feel" of Jockey and not much about H mold. I emailed David and he said that there is essentially no difference in feel between all of the molds.

It doesn't seem that popular but I'm leaning towards H mold at this time. Just not sure about the little squatting guy on the chip. H mold seems much cleaner and gives a nice thick outer ring that I'm assuming will help avoid flea bites.

Thoughts?

Alright everyone, I am within days of submitting my official CPC order. Jockey and H mold are in the current open window. I see lots of good feedback about the "feel" of Jockey and not much about H mold. I emailed David and he said that there is essentially no difference in feel between all of the molds.

It doesn't seem that popular but I'm leaning towards H mold at this time. Just not sure about the little squatting guy on the chip. H mold seems much cleaner and gives a nice thick outer ring that I'm assuming will help avoid flea bites.

Thoughts?
Go with a mold that fits your theme

Thoughts?

I like the more general molds. I don’t like the A or B mold, for example, unless it fits with my theme but otherwise love the feel of both. I like the H mold. While I like the general feel and outer ring of the Jockey and it’s closeness to THC, but get thrown but the jockey.

I emailed David and he said that there is essentially no difference in feel between all of the molds.
This is an absolute lie. All the molds feel different, though some are more similar to each other than others. Shuffle a stack of DiaSqrs and then shuffle a stack of A-molds and you'll immediately feel it. They're nothing alike.

Aside from that, between H-mold and Jockey mold, you can't really go wrong with either. I've had shuffle stacks of both, and they both have a nice feel, though I slightly prefer H-mold. Just make a decision based on which one looks better with your set.

I like the more general molds. I don’t like the A or B mold, for example, unless it fits with my theme but otherwise love the feel of both. I like the H mold. While I like the general feel and outer ring of the Jockey and it’s closeness to THC, but get thrown but the jockey.

I was originally going with a Big10 Football theme so I wanted the B mold, but that won't be running again for another year or more. I've also switched themes and an just going with a "Miller's Bar & Poker Room". I also like Diamond Square but I think that's going to be another long wait and is one of the more expensive molds.

To the untrained poker chip eye most probably won't even see the H in the mold, it just looks like part of the impression.

Fun times.... not like it's a major decision or anything worth thousands of dollars if you aren't happy.... lol

That’s fine if you want to. People do that. But most of us love Paulsons and none of those chips have a theme that matches the mold. I think matching a CPC mold to a chip theme is overhyped.
But if it were me, I’d make sure I got the mold I liked best, not the mold that’s up next.

Beware of a higher rate of H-mold spinners. It would be enough for me to choose something else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom