POLL: Favorite CPC mold by FEEL (1 Viewer)

What’s your favorite CPC mold by FEEL only?

• Total voters
Responses are going to be all over the board for this. People will look at me like I have three heads with some of my thoughts, but here it goes:

DIASQUARE and large crown are the hands down two best feeling. Jockey isn't far behind.

The molds with outer rings (A, B, CSQ, DIASQUARE, Jockey, HHR, Large Crown) will be the most durable over time and are the best molds to get a set on if trying to decide on customs, IMO. Molds with no outer ring, just as is the case with Paulson RHC vs THC mold, are more susceptible to flea bites over time.

The history of the H mold is the coolest, though, and it's not even close.

Look like CSQ and Jockeys are leading the pack. Where are the rest of the CPC fans - gotta make the sample size meaningful!
I think the results for Jockey would be even higher if they were more widely available. I’m betting most people have never even handled stacks of them. I was fortunate to play with them at @krafticus place and they are really good feeling chips.

I think the results for Jockey would be even higher if they were more widely available. I’m betting most people have never even handled stacks of them. I was fortunate to play with them at @krafticus place and they are really good feeling chips.
+1 to this. I'm fortunate to have access to a shuffle stack sample of each mold, and in terms of feel, Jockey and Large Crown are the closest feeling to Paulsons in terms of weight and feel with handling and shuffling.

Unpopular opinion time: Scrowns and CSQ especially are so light that they even feel cheap in comparison to "heavier" feeling molds like the above and H mold.

Hello, elephant and crown?
HE HATES CROWNS!!!
YOU GOT ME! Or maybe just steering everyone clear of the next crown mold order ^^

1624892456637.gif

The history of the H mold is the coolest, though, and it's not even close.
Link or false!

I would love more 44mm molds (small crown would get my money)

I seriously love jockey and was about to go with that mold. I couldn’t get past the look of the little dude tho
Jockey and CSQ were the two I liked most when I was designing my customs. They're both really nice, but the little dude and the fact that CSQ is a bit cheaper pushed me over the fence to CSQ.

Does anyone know relative weights for the different molds, assuming same color of chip?

The light weight feel of CPC has always bugged me. I'd love to design my next set to use one of the heaviest molds (if there is a difference), and the heavier colors. Will certainly be a departure from the all-electric colored set currently on order!

Does anyone know relative weights for the different molds, assuming same color of chip?

The light weight feel of CPC has always bugged me. I'd love to design my next set to use one of the heaviest molds (if there is a difference), and the heavier colors. Will certainly be a departure from the all-electric colored set currently on order!
@Irish , have time for a field experiment? The Jockey and Large Crowns feel heavier but I don't know if they definitely are.

@Irish , have time for a field experiment? The Jockey and Large Crowns feel heavier but I don't know if they definitely are.
Likely not until the weekend, but I can add it to the "to do" list

Here's my data from my mold samples. Left out Hourglass because mine is made. The rest of these are plain, non-inlaid weighted white.

Mold
Weight (g)
FDL10.3
CSQ9.9
B mold9.9
Plain9.7
A mold9.6
Jockey9.6
H mold9.5
Scroll9.4
Scrown9.2
HHR9.1
DISQR9
E&C9
DIECAR
8.9​
Lcrown
8.8​

Based on some made individual samples I have, it looks like you lose about a gram of weight once you inlay the chip. Of course some colors are heavier than others, I will do an a-mold color weight comparison shortly.

Color weight comparison:

Color
Weight (g)
Chocolate9.7
Canary9.6
Lavender9.5
Red9.5
Blue9.4
Blurple9.4
White9.4
Black9.3
Gray9.3
Imperial Blue9.3
Light Green9.3
Yellow9.3
Bright White9.2
Butterscotch9.2
Charcoal9.2
Dark Green9.2
Light Blue9.2
Light Chocolate9.2
Maroon9.2
Orange9.2
Pink9.2
Purple9.2
Dark Blue9.1
Green9.1
DG Pink9
Mandarin Red9
Retro Green8.9
Retro Red8.9
DG Green8.8
Retro Blue8.8
Retro Lavender8.8
DG Peach8.7
DG Arc Yellow8.6
DG Peacock8.6
DG Tiger8.6
DG Yellow8.6
DG Saturn8.3
DG Orange8.2

Hey folks!

I’ve heard a lot of talk about favorite feel of CPC molds so thought I would quantify this. Currently shuffling a CSQ and Jockey so let’s see where this ends up.

Link to the CPC mold reference: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/cpc-mold-reference.18/

Vote away!
You forgot the 44mm molds. :)

I only have 44mm chips exactly because of this ^^^

Mel, the 44mms feel really good.

I would be interested in seeing weight for 39mm sets. All the samples I have had weigh in around 8.5, which I'm not a fan of.

20210215_082032.jpg20210215_082058.jpg20210215_082113.jpg20210215_082137.jpg20210215_082151.jpg

Color weight comparison:

Color
Weight (g)
Chocolate9.7
Canary9.6
Lavender9.5
Red9.5
Blue9.4
Blurple9.4
White9.4
Black9.3
Gray9.3
Imperial Blue9.3
Light Green9.3
Yellow9.3
Bright White9.2
Butterscotch9.2
Charcoal9.2
Dark Green9.2
Light Blue9.2
Light Chocolate9.2
Maroon9.2
Orange9.2
Pink9.2
Purple9.2
Dark Blue9.1
Green9.1
DG Pink9
Mandarin Red9
Retro Green8.9
Retro Red8.9
DG Green8.8
Retro Blue8.8
Retro Lavender8.8
DG Peach8.7
DG Arc Yellow8.6
DG Peacock8.6
DG Tiger8.6
DG Yellow8.6
DG Saturn8.3
DG Orange8.2
I'm too slow typing (i.e., my previous post). Thanks!!

Diasqu
H mold
SCrown
LCrown
Jockey

All wonderful. Can't do A mold or Hourglass. Both just don't do it for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom