POLL: Favorite CPC mold by FEEL (2 Viewers)

What’s your favorite CPC mold by FEEL only?

• Total voters
I haven't felt some of the newer molds (most recent was the diamond square), but my first thought was circle square because when I got my samples years ago that mold already felt like it was broken in compared to the others (Roman aside...that was a weird one).

Thinking about my two sets (HH and H mold), and particularly a couple of barrels I shuffle regularly, they feel better than new circle squares to me.

I particularly like how the broken in H mold feels. It has a smaller diameter than most molds, but it feels more substantial. I think this is because of the wide outer ring and how the texture on it wears compared to a thin outer ring like Horse Heads. I also like the very slightly recessed center.

Here's a pic of the worn in outer ring:

Screenshot_20210809-210959.png

I wonder how broken in circle squares feel...

Here's a better pic of the wear on the H-mold:

Screenshot_20210811-130541.png

Regarding H-mold spinners, my greens from 2011 were pretty bad. Surprisingly it never bothered me too much as they've been in play until I went OCD today and took them out.

Spinners are on the right:

PXL_20210815_221015648.jpg

PXL_20210815_181803455.jpg

PXL_20210815_193528960.jpg

Look at the top Chip's bottom edge spot and u can see the texture is worn off close to the edge.

Just curious: Is the different feel of various molds only an issue on new or semi-new CPC chips?

I decided to go with A-mold for my set, even though I liked the feel of them the least of all of the molds. I figured (or hoped) that the sharper points on the checkering on the A-molds would wear down eventually anyway, and would feel as nice as the other molds.

It’s too late now anyway, but was just wondering if anyone has experience playing with 2 or more different CPC molds that were both well broken in.

Just curious: Is the different feel of various molds only an issue on new or semi-new CPC chips?

I decided to go with A-mold for my set, even though I liked the feel of them the least of all of the molds. I figured (or hoped) that the sharper points on the checkering on the A-molds would wear down eventually anyway, and would feel as nice as the other molds.

It’s too late now anyway, but was just wondering if anyone has experience playing with 2 or more different CPC molds that were both well broken in.

I can't really answer because I have only just received my first two sets (CSQ). And I chose CSQ in some part because I liked the less aggressive texture. But my first clay set was a semi-used A-Mold set that we played every other week and we did start to notice some breaking in of those chips. How frequently do you anticipate playing this set?

I can't really answer because I have only just received my first two sets (CSQ). And I chose CSQ in some part because I liked the less aggressive texture. But my first clay set was a semi-used A-Mold set that we played every other week and we did start to notice some breaking in of those chips. How frequently do you anticipate playing this set?
Thanks, that’s great to hear.

I have a game every second Saturday.

I’m not in a huge hurry for them to feel any different. I don’t hate the way they feel now, and it’s kind of cool to think they will get slightly better feeling as time goes on.

Thanks, that’s great to hear.

I have a game every second Saturday.

I’m not in a huge hurry for them to feel any different. I don’t hate the way they feel now, and it’s kind of cool to think they will get slightly better feeling as time goes on.

Yeah I think every other week is frequently enough that you will see break in. But Perhaps someone with much more experience than me can chime in.

They will definitely break in and get a nice buttery smooth feeling. I have a stock Rounders CSQ set from CPC and a custom tourney set on H mold. Both have only been used in 3 tournaments each and still feel nice and crisp.

I have a stack of 5-10 CPC chips that sit next to my computer while working from home. I shuffle them constantly while on conference calls and they have a totally different feel, they look sharp still, but the razor edges have worn down a little and the oils from my hands have wore into the chips and they are perfect. It's just going to take time to get a full cash or tourney set to get that feel.

They will definitely break in and get a nice buttery smooth feeling. I have a stock Rounders CSQ set from CPC and a custom tourney set on H mold. Both have only been used in 3 tournaments each and still feel nice and crisp.

I have a stack of 5-10 CPC chips that sit next to my computer while working from home. I shuffle them constantly while on conference calls and they have a totally different feel, they look sharp still, but the razor edges have worn down a little and the oils from my hands have wore into the chips and they are perfect. It's just going to take time to get a full cash or tourney set to get that feel.
Great! Good to know that they’ll only get better with age.

This is possibly the greatest thing for my custom ski theme poker chips one day…

Was always going to go with either crown.

All Ive ever been able to see from the "jockey" mold is a dude skiing. Full tuck, poles back, maximum dorkiness when I see it on the mountain-its enough to ruin the chip for me. :(

I've been shuffling my rounders sole CSQs a lot. With the smoother mold, I love the "out of the box" broken in feel and how they actually break in faster than the H. At the same time, the H, with its recessed center and large amount of flat space between the edge and outer ring, feels better when broken in (look at the different levels of wear on the spots/edge below).

With all that said, my fantasy CPC mold for feel would be the H with the CSQ texture.

PXL_20220324_165517604.jpg

I’ve been playing around with a few molds, trying to figure out which one to use for my next set. While there are aspects of different molds that I love (big fan of the DIASQR and LCrown look), I keep coming back to the texture on the H mold. That extra outer ring noted above isn’t just wider, there’s a fine texture to it. And I really like handling H mold chips as a result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom