Poker vs Bridge Size (1 Viewer)

Bridge or Poker Size

• Total voters

Egonz

High Hand
Reaction score
So I finally got my hands on both poker and bridge size KEMs and COPAGS and… how do y’all even play with bridge?? They’re so small and feel like cards for little kids. Just a genuine question because they felt like miniature playing cards. Do I just have humongous hands or something?

Me playing bridge cards…
IMG_7255.png

I used to be 100% on the poker sized cards only train… and then I started playing games that use more than two hole cards, and definitely value the thinner card. I still do massively prefer jumbo index regardless of the size - and, just for good measure, to make sure this comment isn’t too too agreeable, also prefer 4-color for good measure!

I always played with poker size and then I got Bridge Kems as a gift. You get use to anything once you focus on the pips.

Used to be poker size jumbo index fanboy but am now a full convert to bridge size jumbo index!

We also like to play with the bridge size regular index now and then but that’s because we play on a round table. If we still played on an oval, jumbo index all the way.

Bridge jumbo index here too.

As somebody who deals when we play I find poker size very difficult to shuffle after doing it with bridge cards for so long. Particularly if it's a stiff deck

I used to be 100% on the poker sized cards only train… and then I started playing games that use more than two hole cards, and definitely value the thinner card.

With you on four-color… But I don’t get this thinner card thing. I play plenty of PLO and have never had a hard time peeking at my poker-sized cards.

People that struggle with holding a poker cards should invest in bicycle mini decks; half of size of bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.jpeg
    IMG_4433.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 17
Personally enjoyed playing with bridge size cards when we were hand shuffling. Since getting shuffle tech and exclusively using poker sized, I like those cards in play better. If I was going to be hand shuffling all night I’d prefer bridge size. Id also say I have above average sized hands.

I’ve gone from ”fuck anything but bridge jumbo” to ”it doesn’t matter and one will get used to whichever”.

I am however convinced that 4-color and/or 4-pip decks are the work of the devil (same goes for Faded spades).

With you on four-color… But I don’t get this thinner card thing. I play plenty of PLO and have never had a hard time peeking at my poker-sized cards.

Well for what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s a huge deal, we’re just talking about a minor % difference. It’s not like games are unplayable with one deck versus the other. But when you’ve got literally the entire deck in play with a maxed out Scarney game, the table is a little more manageable with slightly smaller cards. Certainly not a dealbreaker to play with poker sized at all, and in fact those are a majority of what I own still.

I've always used Poker Size at my table, but play at other games that use bridge size. I prefer Poker, but can play with bridge cards without going into a hissy fit :)

I like both and use both. I think bridge sizes are technically easier to manage and shuffle so they have a slight advantage but not enough to *require* bridge size. I like to rotate the different card sets for my monthly games. Sometimes its bridge sometimes its poker size.

I’ve gone from ”fuck anything but bridge jumbo” to ”it doesn’t matter and one will get used to whichever”.

I am however convinced that 4-color and/or 4-pip decks are the work of the devil (same goes for Faded spades).
May I ask why you dislike the 4-color decks so much??

It’s just weird. I mean, Santa’s not blue, why should diamonds be?

So mistakes don't happen. We put denoms on chips, and make them different colours, to separate them visually. We should do the same for card suites, and one efficient way to do so is to use a different colour for every suit.

So mistakes don't happen. We put denoms on chips, and make them different colours, to separate them visually. We should do the same for card suites, and one efficient way to do so is to use a different colour for every suit.
Perhaps we should use a different font for each pip number ?

I have and will use anything, but prefer Bridge. Stud is a regular in rotation so it's nice to have smaller cards when so many can be in play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom