Poker table with dining table top? (1 Viewer)

Philsfan5

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Are there any concerns with a dining table top damaging or flattening the foam or padding on the rail portion of the dual purpose poker/dining table?i like the idea but I’m concerned about potential damage to the rail.

Im actually curious how much wobble/play there is on the Chanman tables It would be my legit dining table...

No worries on damaging/flattening the rail foam, and as long as the underside of the topper is relatively smooth, it won't damage the vinyl. A topper typically weighs 75ish pounds, spread over the contact area with the rail, thats next to nothing.

Are there any concerns with a dining table top damaging or flattening the foam or padding on the rail portion of the dual purpose poker/dining table?i like the idea but I’m concerned about potential damage to the rail.

I've never had a complaint or issue with a dining table cover on a poker table. Providing the rail is made with good quality material, and the padding is high density and also good quality, there shouldn't be any signs of damage to the rail. As Irish mentioned as well, the weight is distributed quite well over the surface area of the rail which prevents any heavy spots on the rail to cause any damage.

Im actually curious how much wobble/play there is on the Chanman tables It would be my legit dining table...

Depending on the design/options, sometimes a dining table cover can have a bit of wobble because the wood top is sitting on top of a padded surface. If the rail has no cup holders, then it's sitting directly on top of foam, so if you push down on a corner, then the foam underneath will compress a little. If you have cup holders in the rail, and the cup holders are sitting on cup holder rings (or the cup holders are tightly pressure fit), then the topper is sitting on a rigid surface so you don't get that problem. The table legs can also contribute to the wobbliness of a table as well, but if the poker table has a solid base, then there shouldn't be any give.

I've never had a complaint or issue with a dining table cover on a poker table. Providing the rail is made with good quality material, and the padding is high density and also good quality, there shouldn't be any signs of damage to the rail. As Irish mentioned as well, the weight is distributed quite well over the surface area of the rail which prevents any heavy spots on the rail to cause any damage.

Depending on the design/options, sometimes a dining table cover can have a bit of wobble because the wood top is sitting on top of a padded surface. If the rail has no cup holders, then it's sitting directly on top of foam, so if you push down on a corner, then the foam underneath will compress a little. If you have cup holders in the rail, and the cup holders are sitting on cup holder rings (or the cup holders are tightly pressure fit), then the topper is sitting on a rigid surface so you don't get that problem. The table legs can also contribute to the wobbliness of a table as well, but if the poker table has a solid base, then there shouldn't be any give.
I was thinking a boomerang base. Sturdy enough?

Thanks for the info guys. Tchan those tables are beautiful. Out of my price range but awesome nonetheless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom