Poker game in 12' x 12' game room. Space and temp questions (1 Viewer)

JC89

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have a spare bedroom that measures 12' x12' that I am slowly getting cleared out. I have a 8' BBO oval poker table assembled and in the room so far. I was planning on getting a 18 cu foot fridge to place in a corner of the room. I can place the table diagonally to get the most room for players.

I want to know if anyone has experience playing on a full size poker table in a 12' x 12' room with 6-10 adults in the room at a time.

Also with that many people in the room and a fridge would I need one of those single room A/C units to account for all the hot air? I doubt the house A/C and fan in the room would be enough.

In the winter maybe just opening the windows would be sufficient.

Reactions: mho
I tried in an 11x10.5 room. In that space, 8 players was very cramped, I don't think we could have fit 9. I'd try it without the fridge first and see how it goes. Maybe try a chest cooler in the corner and see if it's in the way. I've actually found the cooler to be more convenient than a fridge for my games, even after moving to a larger space. My room was in the basement, we got by with a fan, but it gets hot for sure.

I tried in an 11x10.5 room. In that space, 8 players was very cramped, I don't think we could have fit 9. I'd try it without the fridge first and see how it goes. Maybe try a chest cooler in the corner and see if it's in the way. I've actually found the cooler to be more convenient than a fridge for my games, even after moving to a larger space. My room was in the basement, we got by with a fan, but it gets hot for sure.
Yeah ill try it without a fridge first.

Yeah I do not want to start smelling everyone around me in the heat xD.

Mines 15x12 and it’s perfect easy to clean and cozy.
41972AB4-666B-4B55-847D-2F47A31216A9.jpeg
B9D6EAD6-64BC-4439-91FC-92B267BA939C.jpeg
A65CA1B4-90EF-42C3-A23F-60325EF327FC.jpeg
146E3641-C7E3-4F9B-91F2-F13B83AAA48A.jpeg

I found that the space that even a small bar fridge takes, lessens the walking space for sure. I was lucky enough to have my poker room adjacent to my small utility room, so I cut a space in the wall and inset the bar fridge. Works perfectly and takes no space inside the poker room. Granted, doing the same with a full size fridge would be more difficult. I I ever need more fridge space, I have room to add anothe bar fridge on that same wall. I find the fridge I use is plenty big enough for holding the drinks I need for the night.

Attachments

• Fridge (1).jpg
    Fridge (1).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom