Tourney Poker Blinds / Tourney Software for Mac and iOS (2 Viewers)

Thank you guys for clarifying... not sure how I got those two totally mixed up. Need to give @Dr. Neau's a fair run then!

I also fixed my post to remove your name from that section.

Whew. I do not want to be associated with that thing. Looks like a damn video game. Not what you need when you are trying to provide people with clear information. And really...hand rankings?!?!?

I don't know if Blind Valet works on Macs, but it's a web based program that syncs to your phone in real time. I've used it several times and it's a quick to setup program to use. I still mainly use Tournament Director though for my league games.

Yes, Blind Valet works well on a Mac.

Whew. I do not want to be associated with that thing. Looks like a damn video game. Not what you need when you are trying to provide people with clear information. And really...hand rankings?!?!?

I find the information to be perfectly clear. The image in the background can be set to whatever you want instead of some random hippie kids. Besides the hand rankings being unnecessary everything else is fantastic.

i use BlindsUp. Paid for the full version and so far has worked without any issues. I just use the standard tournament setup, stream to my AppleTV and no glitches so far. I don't use the league format or any of those options though.

I really look forward to Blinds Up 2.0, if it ever arrives.

@justsomedude I am like you I only use MACs at home, and several years ago the best choice was @Dr. Neau, (after trying other ones), I have been using it since but I use an older version (maybe 7 years old) since I only had a small group (and it was free if you had under 10 players or so). I am thinking about using the newer version and paying for it (y) :thumbsup: since my game is getting big enough and I want to use the additional functionality. I think I am going to play around with the "newer" version over the Christmas break.

@Dr. Neau Old....
Dr. Neau.jpeg

I've used Poker Manager found on the App Store this year on my mac. It works, but it can't display fractional blinds if for some reason that is an issue. I've had it crash on me while trying to juggle with rebuys in the middle of a tourney, but it reboots fast and picks up right where it left off.

Just throwing this out there... I've used Tournament Director for quite a few years. I am actually using it on a Mac by way of VirtualBox (free virtualization software). Works flawlessly, including in full screen mode. Side benefit is that you can use AirPlay as well. ... re: the lag issues, that's on Windows 10. I'm using a Windows 7 Virtual Machine with no problems.

I've been using blindvalet for years. It's a great web based tournament manager program. In the past it was very simple yet flexible in setting up tournament structures.

Recently they "upgraded" to add features to create connections to players phones if they choose and some other features. Still a great web based tournament manager but now with even more features. Now takes a little more time to set up but still a great option.

@justsomedude - have you any recent results to share? I'm poking around looking for other options. Still using blinds UP, but this past game I had some major air play mirroring issues/crashes that resulted in having to have an iPad in my lap all night. Not sure if it's my iPad, the Apple TV, my WiFi or the app. It also seems as the developer has gone silent. Just looking to see what you've liked - thanks!

@justsomedude - have you any recent results to share? I'm poking around looking for other options. Still using blinds UP, but this past game I had some major air play mirroring issues/crashes that resulted in having to have an iPad in my lap all night. Not sure if it's my iPad, the Apple TV, my WiFi or the app. It also seems as the developer has gone silent. Just looking to see what you've liked - thanks!

I've reverted back to PokerTimer by Birdsoft. It's no frills and stupid-simple, but it just works. I've never had a hiccup or a crash while using it. I hard-connect my iPad to my monitor with an HDMI dongle... and it works for me. There is a free version as well with ad support.

I've reverted back to PokerTimer by Birdsoft. It's no frills and stupid-simple, but it just works. I've never had a hiccup or a crash while using it. I hard-connect my iPad to my monitor with an HDMI dongle... and it works for me. There is a free version as well with ad support.
Thanks! I'm looking for something more robust that will assist me in also tracking my league. Looks like the trial versions of Tournament Director and Dr Neau's Tournament manager are in order.

You need to update your Apple TV firmware, as well as your latest ios on your Ipad. They dont talk nicely to each other if they are using different firmwares. Thats what fixed my issue a while back.

You need to update your Apple TV firmware, as well as your latest ios on your Ipad. They dont talk nicely to each other if they are using different firmwares. Thats what fixed my issue a while back.
I've done both, unfortunately still having mirroring issues.

This is what I use on my iPad too. Since I have the apple TV hooked up in the garage I can use airplay to display it on a bigger monitor and never had an issue

I've done both, unfortunately still having mirroring issues.

@Tommy - seems like there is a gap in the market for a proper blinds manager. Any opportunity to develop a PCF branded blinds manager app?

@Tommy - seems like there is a gap in the market for a proper Apple/Mac blinds manager. Any opportunity to develop a PCF branded blinds manager app?

FYP

And to the powers that be who might be considering developing such a solution... I'd easily pay $20, $30, or even $50 for a sound/stable/reliable program or app. I'm just sick of the unreliable, buggy, and glitchy crap that's out there.

FYP

And to the powers that be who might be considering developing such a solution... I'd easily pay $20, $30, or even $50 for a sound/stable/reliable program or app. I'm just sick of the unreliable, buggy, and glitchy crap that's out there.
+1 I'd also pay real $$$ for a turn key solution. I understand bugs, I work in software - but to many of these where the developer is a ghost or never has times for features and bug fixes.

I love Tournament Director, and whenever I have a problem or general question, Corey, the owner/creator is always quick to respond. The forums are a wealth of knowledge too!

I love Tournament Director, and whenever I have a problem or general question, Corey, the owner/creator is always quick to respond. The forums are a wealth of knowledge too!
I've been looking at this one. I'll mess around with it soon. It seems the developer is very much engaged.

The Apple TV/Iphone solution seems like a win to me. Not everyone has a spare PC lying around or wants to set one up etc. Almost everyone has some sort of mobile device.

FYI. I have no idea what "Travis Timer" is. That's not mine.

Mine is here: http://drneau.com/TournamentManager.htm

I've tried to download this on my Mac, but get errors from "untrusted software" to needing JDK installed. Granted, I am new to the Mac world, is this something "normal". My MacBook Pro is the newest version running ios 10 I believe

Mark

I use an app on my IPad just called Poker Timer. It's a little black and silver icon with a spade. Works great. You can create custom blind structures and it's easy to edit them. Can add in breaks. It's a simple layout...black background, White font. Screen pulses red in the final 10 seconds of a level which is nice because it catches everyone's eye.

Unfortunately, you have to pay for the upgraded version for multiple blind structures. But regardless of that, It's my favorite of the apps I've tried on iOS and my android phone for it's simplicity and it's basic layout. Nothing over the top. No crazy colors or anything out there like I've seen with other apps

I'd easily pay $20, $30, or even $50 for a sound/stable/reliable program or app. I'm just sick of the unreliable, buggy, and glitchy crap that's out there.

^What he said!^

I'm still using Blinds Up, i just have figured out what the limits are and what does & doesn't work for me. It has lots of bugs but once I identified them and stay clear of them it has been running stable for me and I love being able to mirror it simply with Apple Tv.

Don't know if anyone else has used this but Air Parrot is a relative cheap download and worked great to mirror my windows 10 laptop to my TV when I was trying to use Tournament Director. I couldn't get past the lag and high resolution issues with TD but Corey is great to work with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom