Tourney Poker Blinds / Tourney Software for Mac and iOS (1 Viewer)

FYP

And to the powers that be who might be considering developing such a solution... I'd easily pay $20, $30, or even $50 for a sound/stable/reliable program or app. I'm just sick of the unreliable, buggy, and glitchy crap that's out there.

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd still suggest DDPoker (http://www.ddpoker.com/download). It claims to run on Mac, although I haven't tried it myself (I don't have a Mac). I have used it without issue on Win10 and Debian Linux.

DDPoker_Clock.JPG

Is it pretty? No. But if you can get it to run on the Mac, it meets the rest of the requirements listed in the first post.

I love Tournament Director, and whenever I have a problem or general question, Corey, the owner/creator is always quick to respond. The forums are a wealth of knowledge too!
Doesn't run on Mac.
I've used Tournament Director for quite a few years. I am actually using it on a Mac by way of VirtualBox (free virtualization software). Works flawlessly, including in full screen mode. Side benefit is that you can use AirPlay as well. ... re: the lag issues, that's on Windows 10. I'm using a Windows 7 Virtual Machine with no problems.
Seems like the way to go..... if you gotta use Apple products.

Just throwing this out there... I've used Tournament Director for quite a few years. I am actually using it on a Mac by way of VirtualBox (free virtualization software). Works flawlessly, including in full screen mode. Side benefit is that you can use AirPlay as well. ... re: the lag issues, that's on Windows 10. I'm using a Windows 7 Virtual Machine with no problems.

I tried to use VirtualBox on my MacBook Pro, but could not get this to work at all. Do you need to have a copy of Windows to install on the VB as well?

I am looking for tournament software too. I used a simple app on my phone for our current tournament where I only time the blinds and where it shows me the levels...all on my phone. With it being on my phone, it allows me to not have to fumble with a laptop, etc. while playing. My new home tournament will have more levels and will be a bit more structured so I want to use some kind of software. However I don't want it to be so complicated that it takes me away from the game.

My wants are:
  • Simple to use
  • Main screen output showing blinds, # of players, payouts,
  • will work with rebuys
  • Windows (laptop) but also could run on ipad somehow connected to a TV.
  • free is good.

I've read through the thread...has anyone come to a conclusion of which software meets this criteria?

I am looking for tournament software too. I used a simple app on my phone for our current tournament where I only time the blinds and where it shows me the levels...all on my phone. With it being on my phone, it allows me to not have to fumble with a laptop, etc. while playing. My new home tournament will have more levels and will be a bit more structured so I want to use some kind of software. However I don't want it to be so complicated that it takes me away from the game.

My wants are:
  • Simple to use
  • Main screen output showing blinds, # of players, payouts,
  • will work with rebuys
  • Windows (laptop) but also could run on ipad somehow connected to a TV.
  • free is good.

I've read through the thread...has anyone come to a conclusion of which software meets this criteria?

I highly suggest you take a look through blindvalet.com. It checks all of your boxes and it is very easy to setup and use. Tournament director is my main software I use but it has a million functions which is great for my league games, but for a quick tournament setup I use blind valet to get up and running within literally 3 minutes.

I'm a big fan of their feature that the clock runs on multiple devices. I can have it running on a projector across the room and pause it from my phone.

I used Blind Valet for the first time last weekend and thought it was great, though I didn't dive into it's more advanced features like tracking knockouts and league type functions.

I was able to have it on my laptop and phone at the same and I believe it has the ability for other players to pull it up on their phones as view only.

It was my first time hosting a tourney and first time using the software, but it was an asset and not a distraction.

I haven't used the league features at all. Knockouts are easy however I don't think you can track who knocked out who, only that a player was knocked out.

I tried out blindvalet a bit but it seemed like a bit more than what I needed. I probably didn't give it enough chance but I found myself setting up a new tournament for some reason well before I had entered my blind levels, entry fee, etc. I didn't really understand the interface. Add that to the fact where I really don't see needing everyone to be able to pull the tournament info on their phones, etc.

I ended up buying TravisPoker software. It was easy to customize on a labtop, easy to add rebuys if needed and easy to eliminate players. I set it up in about 10 minutes and all I have to do next time is pick my players, randomize seating and click start. I haven't used it for a tournament yet but it seems like it's going to work for my purposes....which is extreme simplicity while looking impressive. Fingers crossed!

I've used poker manager on my Mac and haven't had any of the issues presented. Custom backgrounds work great. Easy to customize. The remote option stopped working, but I just use a remote mouse app on my phone.

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 11.44.05 AM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom