Poker at the Lodge (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Back to back nights of 5 hour streams at high stakes, 50/100 then 200/400 with some 800 straddles. Didnt watch all of them but skipped around, seemed fun and good atmosphere.

Holy shit, down almost 200k over the course of two nights of play. Hopefully a reality check. Some really stupid hands.

For some reason I cant embed, may be because they're 'live'? I dunno, links below.

https://www.youtube.com/live/hPZ4AThwhhs?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/live/nTN8ws_867M?feature=share

I’m not an Owens hater, I just don’t get it.
He’s not an interesting personality, he’s not amusing, and he doesn’t even seem particularly good at Holdem.
His success in the world of poker blogging just tells me that there’s a huge opportunity out there for poker bloggers who are actually good.

He’s not an interesting personality, he’s not amusing, and he doesn’t even seem particularly good at Holdem.
His success in the world of poker blogging just tells me that there’s a huge opportunity out there for poker bloggers who are actually good.
Totally fine not to get it, as long as you know the first few opinions aren't objective. He's obviously amusing an awful lot of people and they find him interesting, thats objective unless we assume most of his subscribers are watching him to suffer lol.

I'll agree that hes not a great vlogger for poker skill, though I think he's come a long way since his beginning streams. Thats part of the allure, hes been doing it for so long people have watched him go from the lower stakes to regularly playing 5/10 and up.

Definitely a niche for players of higher skill analyzing their plays, Daniel is doing some of that on the same platform, very different format.

Definitely a niche for players of higher skill analyzing their plays, Daniel is doing some of that on the same platform, very different format.
I'm not even a player of higher skill, but I can appreciate when somebody is, and when maybe I can learn something. I'm not going to say I'm as good of a poker player as Brad, but it honestly feels like his A game doesn't have much on mine, and I almost stink.

I'm not even a player of higher skill, but I can appreciate when somebody is, and when maybe I can learn something. I'm not going to say I'm as good of a poker player as Brad, but it honestly feels like his A game doesn't have much on mine, and I almost stink.
Super fair. I dont watch all his stuff but most of his 5/10 games crush my friend's lines at our microstakes games lol, pretty low hanging fruit. Id be interested to see how Id do playing him. You're right, I dont think he dominates and has some huge leaks that he HAS to pick up on, cmon, hes editing his own videos!

When I watch Daniel Negrahoweveryouspell it, its interesting but I know my players aren't even smelling those thought processes. With Brad its more approachable for my games.

He was first to the masses

He was first to the masses
Think this is a large part of it. Lot of people copying his format now but hes got a legion of people that know his inside jokes now. Serious momentum.
Have you ever watched Jamon Burton's vlogs. I think he does a couple a month. I find him very entertaining and puts together a good production.

No, I havent but I appreciate the heads up. I'll check em out late tonight.

Just watched the replay. Brad just completely torched 80k on fire with AKcc lol. Even though Faras's 5-bet call is just ?!?!?!?!, what the hell does Brad even beat against that shove vs 99.9% of the population on a 1/4 pot lead? He's at best chopping imo.

Have you ever watched Jamon Burton's vlogs. I think he does a couple a month. I find him very entertaining and puts together a good production.

Think this is a large part of it. Lot of people copying his format now but hes got a legion of people that know his inside jokes now. Serious momentum.

No, I havent but I appreciate the heads up. I'll check em out late tonight.
You going to love it, the drawing dead

I been following him just around 2019 somewhere just before the covid.

He very entertaining but his uploads is not as frequently as the norm thus he is slightly lesser known

Totally fine not to get it, as long as you know the first few opinions aren't objective. He's obviously amusing an awful lot of people and they find him interesting, thats objective unless we assume most of his subscribers are watching him to suffer lol.

I'll agree that hes not a great vlogger for poker skill, though I think he's come a long way since his beginning streams. Thats part of the allure, hes been doing it for so long people have watched him go from the lower stakes to regularly playing 5/10 and up.

I agree and Brad greatest strength is his story telling rather than his poker skill. He is more of a Nit player but more relateable to the common players

I been watching seem since 2015 I think? I remembered him and I share the same accounting background thus I begin to follow his videos

I like his style way much more than AndrewNeme for me, everyone have different taste

He had grown so much from a small time player to a part card room owner and having positive results in recent tournaments as well

I enjoy Brad Owen’s vlog. While not the pinnacle of poker skill, it’s nice to see someone play 2/5 and 5/10. I don’t always want to watch high stakes.

On an unrelated note, anyone else find the Lodge chips terrible looking?

Anyone have a close up picture of the chips? From afar they look pretty cool. I like the candy green 25 and oversized yellow 1k.

Anyone have a close up picture of the chips? From afar they look pretty cool. I like the candy green 25 and oversized yellow 1k.
Pretty sure they’re clones of those EPT ceramics with the spiralish design.

By the way, a few minutes later, the guy who won that hand (a guy who had bought into this $50/100 game for $175,000) started a sentence with “I was at a 25 cent 50 cent game last week . . .”
That’s gotta make you smile.

Watched part of the stream last night. Yikes! Brad punted off 30k with 72o.
He seemed comfortable with the stakes. I only watched for a couple of hours and I saw him jam (or bet stupid huge) at least twice with holdings that weren’t anywhere near nutted. Seemed like he was just playing cards.

The chips at The Lodge are terrible. The only saving grace is that for ceramics they hold up well and don't seem to fade super fast or much at all compared with other rooms that have ceramics. But they're VERY slippery and not great to stack.

Brad lost 115K the first night, 78K the second and then another 70+K the third night he streamed.

I enjoy Jamans production quality, I think he's pretty much the best in the biz as far as that goes. Although some of his tangents with cartoon characters of himself telling us about the spelling or use of words or whatever kinda fall flat for me. But I also feel a lot of Brads attempts to inject humor into his vlogs falls flat as well, not sure if it's a delivery issue or maybe it just feels like he's phoning it in/forcing it in. It just doesn't flow.

Also not sure if you guys saw, but.............Robbi Jade Lew (ick) is going to be at The Lodge today and tomorrow on stream. Kinda surprising since Doug put out videos essentially saying he was pretty sure she cheated on Hustler, but now they're having her over for a spot of tea

So stupid. This guy has $11k in the $50/100 game. Goes all in blind UTG. Folds around to small who asked him at least twice if he really didn’t look. Then he calls with 97c. Big folds. They show their cards and UTG has 56h.
THEN THEY AGREE TO RUN IT TWICE.
W
T
F

So stupid. This guy has $11k in the $50/100 game. Goes all in blind UTG. Folds around to small who asked him at least twice if he really didn’t look. Then he calls with 97c. Big folds. They show their cards and UTG has 56h.
THEN THEY AGREE TO RUN IT TWICE.
W
T
F
But who won? And who outplayed who? Maybe SB had a soul read that UTG only blind shoves with 7 high or worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom