Poker at the D (8 Viewers)

A toast to the losers at the cash game.
@Beakertwang is a Jamaican 10-Speed lover and he didn't even know it.

20210822_045024000_iOS.jpg

Flights are expensive short notice. Tourney WED night, Thanksgiving on THUR, Cash on FRI and SAT? lol

Unfortunately only a tourney on Wed night, cash following until the weee hours of the morning, but then I can't offer anything after that except for a turkey leg.

I did check flights. Pretty damn expensive.

So this is what @Beakertwang looks like eh?

So can someone please explain 'Scarney' to me? A Google search turned up nothing.
Imagine a combination of a six card Texas Hold 'Em board and go fish on the bottom board. You're dealt five cards and if you're holding any of the cards that come up on the bottom board, you need to give them up and can't use them to make your hand on the top board. Best remaining top board hand wins one half of the pot. The other half of the pot is won by the player with the lowest number value of cards remaining in their five card hand. Face cards are worth ten, aces just one, and number cards their actual numerical value.

Flights are expensive short notice. Tourney WED night, Thanksgiving on THUR, Cash on FRI and SAT? lol
Good luck playing anything other than NLHE there. :p
So this is what @Beakertwang looks like eh?

So can someone please explain 'Scarney' to me? A Google search turned up nothing.
I’m the fat guy in the burgundy (as opposed to the fat guy in the mint green, or the fat guy in the gray).

I’m the fat guy in the burgundy (as opposed to the fat guy in the mint green, or the fat guy in the gray).
I always wondered what John Cena would look like if he ever stopped working out.
Imagine a combination of a six card Texas Hold 'Em board and go fish on the bottom board. You're dealt five cards and if you're holding any of the cards that come up on the bottom board, you need to give them up and can't use them to make your hand on the top board. Best remaining top board hand wins one half of the pot. The other half of the pot is won by the player with the lowest number value of cards remaining in their five card hand. Face cards are worth ten, aces just one, and number cards their actual numerical value.
OK so how does the hand progress? You're dealt 5 cards and must discard at some point? How does the flop/turn/river work?

I was hoping for a mechanical explanation of the game.

5 cards in the mitt, round of betting

Then you deal two three card boards. The top board to the dealer is playable, the bottom board is the discard board. If a card in your hand matches the bottom board you throw it away immediately. Failure to do so results in a dead hand.

round of betting, then two, two card turns. Top two turns are playable, top two you discard

One river card for each board, same concept as above.

total low point in the mitt wins half the pot. best high hand using any combination of the top board and the mitt cards for the other half of the pot.

There are two ways to handle it if you have to discard all of your cards in the mitt.

1. your hand is dead and your out of contention for any of the pot (my preference)

2. your guaranteed half the pot for the low. However you can't do any betting. Only call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom