please talk me down (1 Viewer)

I could google it for a similar car, but it was back in the days before digital cameras so people simply didn't "take pics". We had "memories".
Oh darn. I know what the car looks like just wanted some eye candy... love the old stangs

Ah, yes. Especially a black '95 R package (aka Type R, only 465 built), with Yokohama R-001s and a Hard Dog HardBar that fit under the removable hardtop. Oh, and a 13-ball shift knob for good luck.

Drove and raced mine for 15 years, and I still miss it...

"What was special? The R-Package is another version of the Miata that isn't technically a special edition, but was limited production enough to earn a place in the hall of fame. This is basically the factory hardcore autocross/track pack. It included Bilstein shocks, heavy duty springs, stiffer sways, a rear spoiler, front air dam, alloy wheels and the Torsen LSD. You could not get power steering, an automatic, or a leather interior. Air conditioning was optional."

I'll be getting a new Miata Club next year, when the lease on my Alfa runs out.
Oh oh oh pics!!

Your poker chip collection is among the best on the planet (sure, there are a few dozen extraordinary collections with people on this site, but that Lakeshore set in particular, along with your other gems, put your collection right up there!).

Trade them in for a Tesla and you just have what thousands of 20-somethings in Seattle have. Sorry, but nothing special. Don’t do it.

But Dibs on Lakeshores, LoL.

I have etchings. :cool
etch.jpg

Yes. But in ten years, the chips will be worth the same and the Tesla will be replaced by a Toyota Corolla.

Just get the Corolla now....

If recent trends in the chipping market are an indicator for the future, then the tesla will probably be worth more than the chips in ten years.

I probably have more seller's remorse from getting rid of cars than I ever would have selling chips.

'68 Mustang fastback
'70 Ford LTD Convertible
'72 Chevy Impala; Mag wheels, air shocks, nitrous hook-up
'96 Grand Prix GTP; Limited Edition

Like chips, some are way better than others. Some are easy to part with, others haunt you.

Now on the Tesla note, I do question their ability to run in 20, 40, or 50 years. Changes to battery designs may make them useless.

Then again, in 50 years gasoline may be obsolete. Poker won't be.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had a 72 Chevy Impala. Light blue with a 350 rocket. Good ole Vlad the Impala.

My advice would be to keep the Lakeshores & the ES tourney set and to sell off everything else. Especially the BTP tourney set. Sell those as fast as you possibly can! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I was going to suggest the same thing, actually. But maybe keep the PS too. When you have those 3 sets...do you REALLY need others?

My advice would be to keep the Lakeshores & the ES tourney set and to sell off everything else. Especially the BTP tourney set. Sell those as fast as you possibly can! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I was going to suggest the same thing, actually. But maybe keep the PS too. When you have those 3 sets...do you REALLY need others?
first to go would be the mixed Nevada hot stamps, followed by the ACF hybrids, then the Jacks. the PS, BTP, and Palms aren't going anywhere. (nothing going at the moment.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom