PLEASE BE AWARE HACKER(S) ACTIVE (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppin92

Flush
Reaction score
I think this is not my job to adres this here . But as the person in question is me who went to trough just a hour ago, this is very concerning. So here it goes ;
@justincarothers listed a set for sale ;

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sold.72394/

I immediately called dibs as those chips were the exactly ones I was looking for
I paid $190 by PayPal and told him I’ll pay $135 in about a hour, the set was $325 shipped

I never dealt with @justincarothers so therefore his behavior wasn’t that suspicious at first, he was very inpatient and said he wanted the whole payment immediately and not even wait a hour. Now this is personal preference so I didn’t know what was going on. Okay first thing is first, Justin was HACKED , the person I was talking to wasn’t Justin and I should’ve know it because the flag on this profile wasn’t USA while location is Texas. But I’m relatively new here, so I didn’t catch up.
However, the guy who was portraying himself as Justin refunded me in hope to receive full payment to a other account.
Meanwhile @JeepologyOffroad pmed me about what was going on, that @justincarothers was hacked.
I’m very shocked, and this is very concerning. What will this mean for future deals ? Luckily I have my money back , but imagine if I made the whole $325 payment I would’ve gotten scammed for sure.

Last edited:
Well you have both paypal (although they suck) and your credit card company to break your fall.

I'll put this PSA out there again, and @horseshoez can back me up on this.

Use a credit card with purchase protection for your purchases and link it to your Paypal account. Paypal usually isn't worth shite when it comes to arbitrating refunds. From what I've heard and can gather, getting refunds from them is like pulling teeth.

Thanks for the heads up @Poppin92 . About to change my password to this site.

Also, if you're unsure about a purchase or if something doesn't quite add up, ask the seller for references. It's a big red flag if the seller gets huffy and acts like the hacker/scammer did in this situation and get agitated and demand payment in a short amount of time.

It didn’t add up for sure , but I don’t know the real Justin. So I figured he must needs the funds quickly for a reason.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 8.25.32 PM.png

Whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom