Play Aces with me 1/2 NL (3 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
The game is 1/2 NL with a $200 max buyin at Silks Poker Room at Tampa Bay Downs. Hero's stack is $96. The game has a few stations in the mix (they'll call raises with KT offsuit, see a flop of Q68 and call a reasonable bet to chase) and also has a few TAG players. There are a few LAG players who've been straddling from a variety of positions, but there is no straddle this hand.

Raise sizes have varied from $6 to $15 preflop. Sometimes if a lot of players limp someone will get cute and raise to $5 to build the pot, or sometimes raise in position to $16-20 to try and narrow the field with a positional advantage.

UTG Hero looks at :as::ad:

Hero?

I'm generally in the 80/20 camp with aces UTG -- $9 or limp....

Since UTG, I would call, then hope some one will raise, and then bet pot.

Hero's hand can basically play itself given Hero's stack size. A raise to $12 seems likely to lead to a SPR of three or less and that makes for easy post flop decisions.

I think effective stacks are too small for a tricky limp / raise plan. hero is going to be cranky if the hand limps around.

Wrapping up session, had set a stop loss for it

my recommendation is playing in games where you have an edge and are properly rolled.Also, raise first in. Limp/re-raise is a fish move, and at 1/2 is interpreted 99.99% of the time as AA to anyone paying attention.

my recommendation is playing in games where you have an edge and are properly rolled.Also, raise first in. Limp/re-raise is a fish move, and at 1/2 is interpreted 99.99% of the time as AA to anyone paying attention.
I agree with this. UTG I'm leading out for $12-$15.

The game is 1/2 NL with a $200 max buyin at Silks Poker Room at Tampa Bay Downs. Hero's stack is $96. The game has a few stations in the mix (they'll call raises with KT offsuit, see a flop of Q68 and call a reasonable bet to chase) and also has a few TAG players. There are a few LAG players who've been straddling from a variety of positions, but there is no straddle this hand.

Raise sizes have varied from $6 to $15 preflop. Sometimes if a lot of players limp someone will get cute and raise to $5 to build the pot, or sometimes raise in position to $16-20 to try and narrow the field with a positional advantage.

UTG Hero looks at :as::ad:

Hero raises to $12

FIVE players call $12, the blinds fold

Pot: $75
Hero's stack: $84

Flop: :4s::9h::kc:

Hero is first to act, Hero?

Hero shoves. Next to act Villain says "oh gee, I HAVE to call" but sounds disappointed. All other players fold. Any guess on Villains hand?

He had pocket 9's for the flopped set. He was worried I had KK

Later I shove my last $20 from UTG with JJ, he calls next to act with A5 s00ted and spikes his Ace on the turn. Le sigh

No offense, but there really isn't a question here. You have Aces and less than 50bbs. I'm stacking off on any non four flush board.

No real need for a strategy post. Sorry about your bad beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom