Play a hand of $1/2 SOHE with me! (2 Viewers)

Sets in holdem that became FH, a better 2 potentially. I'm just viewing it that he's like 2% to win the omaha side and 75% to win the holdem side. Don't think a fold would be coming here except from hands you'd beat anyway without the risk of a jam.

What hand is he behind to both ways?
Well, he's losing the Omaha side to any Jack, any deuce, AA, KK, QQ, 99, and 66. That's quite a bit. And he's losing the Hold'em side to any deuce with a kicker bigger than a five, plus JJ, 99, and 66. Quite a few hands that beat him both ways. I'm going with A2/KQJT with a missed flush draw to scoop.

Good things happen when we bet. There is always a chance villain folds when we bet. If we are ahead on both boards we also maximize our win when they call our bet

We aren't folding if we check and they bet, so we might as well bet in this spot. It will be hard for them to put us on a duece in the hold em side, so they may think their AJ in hold em is getting them half the pot because they have nothing on the Omaha side

I just wrote I'd check/ call, but now im leaning towards jam for the last 300, possibly inducing a fold if they missed their draws in Omaha.

If he has better than a set in Holdem he's shoving anyway, and youre calling.

If he doesnt you have half locked in and could scoop with a fold.

The only reason to check is to hope he checks back. My only question is how valuable is a free showdown really? I think it's reasonably likely that a free showdown might be more valuable to your opponent than it is to you.

Chances are if you check he'll check back. A made hand on either side would have set you in on the turn.

On the Omaha side, he may very well have the same OESD/non-nut flush draw you have. Maybe he has a jack and maybe he doesn't. But there's virtually no way the river helped him... and may decide to just save the last $300 and fold a jack with a non-ace kicker if you bet, especially if he has air in holdem.

So I'd bet since 1) you're check/calling anyway, and 2) your fold equity - while probably not great... is certainly greater than zero.

C2DCEBC6-63B9-4995-B8EB-A76581A1F721.jpeg

Ok let’s speculate the villains hand!!

QQ in Holdem

AK96 in Omaha

lets wrap this hand up!

Hero shoved all in as soon as the 6 hits the felt. I know I am calling any bet anyways so if I can get him to fold an Omaha hand like QJxx even some of the time it is worth it for sure.

Unfortunately I don’t get the fold, he tosses in a $5 chip and says call, guessing he figured we are chopping so he didn’t want to count out the chips if it wasn’t necessary.

We both show our Hold’em hands first and we are chopping there, he has :2c::3c:. We both have trip 2’s with the J9 kicker from the board.

So on to the Omaha side we go where my 2 pair of 10’s and 2’s go down to his flopped top 2 pair of J9xx.

I get 1/4 of the pot. :vomit:

All of my PLO outs were good, any straight, set (full house) or flush card would have given me the 3/4 pot win instead. Or the 5 to win the Hold’em side and a chop.

Thankfully a 3 didn’t come off for him to win the whole pot.

It was an interesting hand for sure. We both felt we had the Hold’em side but were worried about the Omaha side.

I think Brandon only flatted the $500 turn instead of going all-in to try to get Dustin to come along for his Omaha draw, thinking he had the Hold’em side and a decent shot at Omaha too.

Which if Dustin would have hit means Brandon and I would have each been quartered, and would have cost me less money on the actual run out.

So tell me why we bet the river again? It cost us $200.

I get betting because we are going to call anyway, I get that our fold equity was somewhere above zero.

But as was mentioned, he just called a $500 bet and there's what, $1200 in the pot? Unless he whiffed both sides, he's calling $300 to win $1,500 (or even $750), IMO.

If a check shows weakness, who cares? We're at showdown (or close). He's gotta know you are calling down a bet and unless he's nutted on at least one side, he's not going to bet. And if he does and you call, it's the same result.

So instead of $600 in a check-check situation, we have $400 in front of us. I don't think it was poorly played pre-river, based on your knowledge of these opponents. You don't make any money when you're way ahead, unless it's monster v monster. To be successful, you gotta extract money in these thin situations. The $500 turn bet was an attempt at that. With him calling that, I think I'm done with betting out this hand.

JMHO.

And I know you well enough to know you still came out ahead in the long run...

So tell me why we bet the river again? It cost us $200.

I get betting because we are going to call anyway, I get that our fold equity was somewhere above zero.

But as was mentioned, he just called a $500 bet and there's what, $1200 in the pot? Unless he whiffed both sides, he's calling $300 to win $1,500 (or even $750), IMO.

If a check shows weakness, who cares? We're at showdown (or close). He's gotta know you are calling down a bet and unless he's nutted on at least one side, he's not going to bet. And if he does and you call, it's the same result.

So instead of $600 in a check-check situation, we have $400 in front of us. I don't think it was poorly played pre-river, based on your knowledge of these opponents. You don't make any money when you're way ahead, unless it's monster v monster. To be successful, you gotta extract money in these thin situations. The $500 turn bet was an attempt at that. With him calling that, I think I'm done with betting out this hand.

JMHO.

And I know you well enough to know you still came out ahead in the long run...

I don’t think there is any change he checks behind especially given his actual hand. At what point does he check back? I don’t know. I think he bets 100% of rivers if checked to if he feels he has strong chance of winning one side or the other. He bets for the same reason I did, in case there is any chance he can get me to fold, he now takes the entire pot.

If we were much deeper still at the river, say a pot sized bet for each then I would think it goes check/check a lot more often.

I feel in SOHE, we have to play our HoldEm hand as if it were part of a regular Omaha hand. Would we ever feel great about a low trips in Omaha? So many people are going to split pocket pairs into their Holdem side, we have to proceed with caution

SQM plan: Happy and confused, fire a bullet or two day one.
Continually think we have the nuts, forget what game we’re on, lose bank roll day two.
Days three and on, drinking/sleeping on the beach.

Careful a bullet or two may only last the first hour or two. Right @CraigT78?

You’ll be able to tell who has played with me before. They’ll be fighting to sit at my table.

But I still can’t think of a more fun way to light cash on fire.

That's only half true. You were a fun to sit at the table with. Bullshitting, drinking bourbon, and having a great time are right up there on my list of things to accomplish at a meet up.

First hour? I'm lucky if my first bullet or two make it an entire orbit.

During my losing streak last month I was four buy in deeps at the 1 hour and 15 minute mark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom