Play a hand of $1/2 SOHE with me! (1 Viewer)

At this point you are probably ahead in Holdem but not guaranteed. JJ ireasonably common in SOHE

Omaha. Meh.
Check

first rule of circus split pot games IS:

Unless you have the stone cold nuts. You don’t want more than one other player in the pot. ( going to the river)

edit: first rule LOL. There are no rules !!

Last edited:
I know I folded at least 4 hands preflop last year In Florida so......... whatevs!

But I'm folding on the turn unless we catch a 7,10, 2, or 5.
Folding a Queen?
Check and lower the boom when it comes back around to you.

artillery-cannon-animated-gif-11-gif.389086
Agree.

Hero’s goes with the popular opinion of check.

Brandon continues his betting was and bets pot again for $100. Action is on Dustin who tanks for a while, cuts out $300 as if to raise, then eventually goes with just a call.

Action is back on Hero looking a $100 bet and call.

What do we do? Call, raise, or even fold?

What range of hands do we think Brandon is betting every street with? Is he really strong on both sides or is he bombing with one strong hand hoping to scoop by not showing down? How strong do we think Dustin is with his call?

just re read the beginning of the hand.

with no preflop major action I’m worried about Brandon having 99

I’m scared.

but if we think our Holdem is good why re raise?

call.

when you don't have the nuts in SOHE and the bets get big, worry. When you don't have the nuts or a draw to the nuts, be afraid.

I think Hero's hand is on the border. The "almost raise, then call" third player bothers me. The LAGtard(?) encourages me a little. The trips on the hold'em side could be drawing to a single out or it could be way ahead. Hero's draw on the Omaha side could be totally drawing dead but at best has only a handful of outs.

As I have made known before, I HATE playing heads I get my money back tails I go broke. At the moment we have a "monkey in the middle" Let's hope it isn't Hero's role this hand.

Call me chicken. Let's not get on this ride. Sure there will be times Hero folded a winner on the hold'em side or when Hero's draw comes in Omaha and it holds up. There will be other times Hero rebuys.

No rebuy on my watch -=- DrStrange

I've been at the sucker end of this multi-way action before. I'll call the $100 - but I have a feeling you might be facing JJ on HoldEm and possibly 99 in Omaha, or vice versa. I play SOHE tight, I want both sides locked, or at least one side a safe nut, and the other a draw to a monster.

Edit - to quote the good Dr - this has been me
At the moment we have a "monkey in the middle"

I've been at the sucker end of this multi-way action before. I'll call the $100 - but I have a feeling you might be facing JJ on HoldEm and possibly 99 in Omaha, or vice versa. I play SOHE tight, I want both sides locked, or at least one side a safe nut, and the other a draw to a monster.

Edit - to quote the good Dr - this has been me
At the moment we have a "monkey in the middle"

The chances of someone putting pocket Jacks in PLO is slim to none. The only way that happened is if they have pocket QQ’s or better in Hold’em as well and with no preflop raise that seems highly unlikely. Worst case is Brandon has 9’s full in Hold’em and is trying to take the pot down so he doesn’t have to worry about a chop.

Dustin is too aggressive to not raise if he has a monster in one of his hands. He could have a big PLO draw and nothing in Hold’em.

Being a PLO player he always makes that hand stronger and puts the leftovers in Hold’em unless he has AA or KK.

The chances of someone putting pocket Jacks in PLO is slim to none. The only way that happened is if they have pocket QQ’s or better in Hold’em as well and with no preflop raise that seems highly unlikely. Worst case is Brandon has 9’s full in Hold’em and is trying to take the pot down so he doesn’t have to worry about a chop.

Dustin is too aggressive to not raise if he has a monster in one of his hands. He could have a big PLO draw and nothing in Hold’em.

Being a PLO player he always makes that hand stronger and puts the leftovers in Hold’em unless he has AA or KK.
Fair enough. Repot. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Unless you have the stone cold nuts. You don’t want more than one other player in the pot. ( going to the river)

This is one of the dominant thought I had going through my head as the action got to me. There is a very good chance my Hold’em hand is best, but if Brandon does have a full house I know Dustin is drawing since he only called. I would like to clean up my PLO outs that if I make the lower end straight or weak flush. I also think I might be able to squeeze Brandon since he has to worry about Dustin’s stack that can still bust him.

Plus my raises are usually respected enough that I felt I could take down the pot right now enough of the time since there wasn’t a straight or flush possible yet and sets/full houses were very unlikely, especially on the PLO side.

All this leads me to raise to $500.

Brandon takes a little time, but calls. Dustin doesn’t take much time at all to fold.

We are now heads up going to the river.

Pot is now $1200

Hero has a just under $300 left and Brandon covers.

River is the blankest of blanks, the :6c:

Final board is now :jc::9s::2s::2h::6c:

Hero has 10 10 88 in PLO and 2 5 in Hold’em.

Action is on us. Do we bet our last $275~ or try to check it down?

This is one of the dominant thought I had going through my head as the action got to me. There is a very good chance my Hold’em hand is best, but if Brandon does have a full house I know Dustin is drawing since he only called. I would like to clean up my PLO outs that if I make the lower end straight or weak flush. I also think I might be able to squeeze Brandon since he has to worry about Dustin’s stack that can still bust him.

Plus my raises are usually respected enough that I felt I could take down the pot right now enough of the time since there wasn’t a straight or flush possible yet and sets/full houses were very unlikely, especially on the PLO side.

All this leads me to raise to $500.

Brandon takes a little time, but calls. Dustin doesn’t take much time at all to fold.

We are now heads up going to the river.

Pot is now $1200

Hero has a just under $300 left and Brandon covers.

River is the blankest of blanks, the :6c:

Final board is now :jc::9s::2s::2h::6c:

Hero has 10 10 88 in PLO and 2 5 in Hold’em.

Action is on us. Do we bet our last $275~ or try to check it down?
Take our faint sliver of fold equity to try and scoop and confidently rip it in!

Check/Call and then rip into him for playing a hand with 6/2 in his hold em side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom