Plastic Card Trays from PGI - INTEREST THREAD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if a lid is necessary - see the video below (but I'm open to any ideas you guys or Joe may have)...

More pics in the clamshell - pics of standard birdcages to come later...

tray1.jpg
tray2.jpg
tray3.jpg

we must have different 600 chip carriers. these are bicycle prestige and mine won't close properly with only the cards on top of the chips - let alone with some sort of tray that would extend even minimally above the cards and presumable sit on top of the chips.

5lZi8zg.jpg

we must have different 600 chip carriers. these are bicycle prestige and mine won't close properly with only the cards on top of the chips - let alone with some sort of tray that would extend even minimally above the cards and presumable sit on top of the chips.

I was just thinking the same thing as I uploaded the photos. The case that came with that set almost looks like an 800ct case.

SO -- it looks like this won't fit in most carriers.

5lZi8zg.jpg
Is your claim shell made by Trademark?

no idea, sorry. i've had three of them for over 5 years and can't remember where i got them.

I'm sorry but who would store cards loose, not in a plastic or cardboard tuck box, like that when moving around a birdcage. Even across the room, that's just asking for damage to your cards. I guess I'm too picky about my cards.

I just wanted to point out that I plan on using these to transport plaques, dealer buttons, and other poker paraphernalia in chip carriers. They aren't just for cards.....

An optional lid would be cool, but not required.

There are literally dozens of inexpensive single-deck cases made of plastic or acrylic, suitable for safely storing cards and allowing easy and safe transport in trays such as these. Just google "plastic playing card box"

deck-plastic-poker-card-box-single.png

clear-plastic-playing-card-box.jpg
red-plastic-playing-card-box.jpg

HTB1MiJdJXXXXXbnXFXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg

I plan on using these to transport plaques,

Speaking of which..... hey justsomedude: what is the interior wall height on the card tray you have in hand? Looking to see how many Matsui plaques and MSK plaques will fit in each compartment.... pics of Ben Franklin hundos or the new Twenty plaques would be awesome. (y) :thumbsup:

I used to have the exact trays and clamshell case. It came with my first set of chips...dice, of course.

It's been a long time, but if I recall correctly, it will "fit" in a 1000 chip birdcage, but it holds the top up about a 1/4" or so.

YMMV, IIRC, blah, blah, blah...I dont have the tray to confirm this any longer.

Massive photo update!

These defeinitely will NOT fit in a 600ct birdcage, and make the lid sit about a 1/2" off the base in the 1,000ct birdcage.

So, comes the question... do we have Joe keep these as-is, or reduce the well size by 1/2" in depth to fit the case? (this would require decks be kept in cases WITHIN the trays - and the deck height would likely sill push the lid up)

PS: @BGinGA - the total well depth is a hair less than 1"

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Personally, I'd increase the well depth before shortening it. I look at these as replacement trays (replacing a rack of chips). A 600-chip carrier becomes a 500-chip carrier plus cards (or plaques), and a 1000-chip carrier becomes a 900-chip (or 800-chip) carrier, depending on how many cards/plaques you want to include.

Increasing the wall height to equal that of a tray full of chips would ensure a one-to-one exchange, height-wise. Would also allow for a deck of cards (maybe two) plus a dealer button in the same cavity.

Also noteworthy that not all chip carriers are created equal, in regards to overall case height. I have some that barely fit five stacked racks, and others that have almost enough room for six racks full of chips.

Last edited:
I think if you take 1/2 inch off the cards will still stick out above the top edge. And you could only fit 3 plaques instead of 4. Can't see taking any off the bottom and still let them sit/ride properly on top of the chips/rack below. Maybe you could remove 1/8 inch form top & 1/8 inch from bottom but the bottom section doesn't look like more thatn 1/4 inch to begin with.

Personally I would just leave them as is and remove a rack to use them in a cage. Of course that doesn't help if you have full cages though.

If the cards will fit in a reduced size, & the birdcage lid will close properly , .. it's a no brainer.

Unfortunately, I don't think the lid would close with a reduced well and a full deck. The deck thickness will keep the lid from closing.

I think this is more along the lines of BG's thought process... if you want these, you'll be replacing a standard chip rack for carrying more poker tools/gear.

I figured it would require removing a rack, but like Gear some of my cages are not full anyway.

Seems like this would be fine. I often do the "flip a rack upside down, and use that for cards" trick. This would be cleaner IMHO.

In for a couple, depending on price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom