Plastic Card Trays from PGI - INTEREST THREAD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I'm working with Joe at PGI to get some prelim. pricing on plastic card trays. I am sending out the exact unit below for him to use as a basis of design. Pricing won't be available for a couple of weeks, but I'm going to start gauging interest to see if helps him with bulk pricing for the initial order.

NOTE - THIS IS JUST AN INTEREST THREAD

Please post the quantities you'd consider buying below. Actual Group Buy order thread will come later! *Decks not included.

unnamed.png

tray2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd probably buy 6 or so of those.

Quite possibly a dumb question since it appears to be the point of the entire design, but since there's no photo showing it, does the clamshell birdcage close easily with those on top?

Depending on pricing I'm good for anywhere from 6-12.

Quite possibly a dumb question since it appears to be the point of the entire design, but since there's no photo showing it, does the clamshell birdcage close easily with those on top?

I would also like to know this ^^, or will it require a rack be removed to fit inside a 1000ct cover?

ha...when i first saw that pic was like "no way that thing can close unless those are mini dice chips" maybe i'm wrong though.

Oh. That looks cool. Agreed, if the bird cage closes with them in it I'd be in. Should look into plastic MSK or Matsui trays too (y) :thumbsup:

It fits perfectly with the clamshell carrier closed.

Not sure about the 600ct and 1000ct birdcages. Will check tonight...

Doing a quick check... No way it will fit in a "standard" 600ct birdcage... Looks like there might be room in the 1000ct. Will verify tonight...

Again... Fits fine in the 600ct clamshell.

Doing a quick check... No way it will fit in a "standard" 600ct birdcage... Looks like there might be room in the 1000ct. Will verify tonight...

Again... Fits fine in the 600ct clamshell.

color me pleasantly surprised. i would have never guessed this to be the case. thanks for confirming!

^^^^^

That would definitely work (in response to the post from @Gear). I still think the trays would fit at the top of a 1000 ct cage fully filled up. Gotta check it out tho...

If it's a tight squeeze on the 1,000 ct case, I can always ask Joe to modify the dimensions. Looks like there's about 1/4" of excess above the cards that can be trimmed down. That discussion is a ways out tho - and would need to go through the GB members first.

I figured it would require removing a rack, but like Gear some of my cages are not full anyway.

I think these were made especially to be sold with the top opening clamshell case and not to work in a standard acrylic cage. Would be nice if they could be made to fit though.

If it's a tight squeeze on the 1,000 ct case, I can always ask Joe to modify the dimensions. Looks like there's about 1/4" of excess above the cards that can be trimmed down. That discussion is a ways out tho - and would need to go through the GB members first.

A couple of considerations:

The vast majority of the cards we will all be using we'll be pulling out of plastic boxes and therefore there will be loose cards in this new acrylic case. So I would not cut down the height too much of else they will much more easily spill. In fact, it would probably be best to have some type of lid or at the bare minimum an acrylic panel to rest on top of the two decks of cards to make it less likely for the cards to spill out.

Also, pics of the case in the various birdcages?

Six to ten, price- and shipping-cost dependent.

I would be interested ..
It would be a good idea to get Joe to modify these so they stack & fit nicely in the lucite birdcages without potential damage to the chips below ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom