Pets (5 Viewers)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
Do you have any pets? How long have you had them? How did you get them? We used to have dogs and a cat but they all passed away. Do your pets interrupt or interact with your poker at all? Feel free to generally discuss anything even vaguely pet related in this thread.

I serve 4 cats. We started with a Mother and daughter cat, added a Ginger male a few years later, and a standard tabby female a year or so later. They range in age from 11 down to 6-7, and the personalities are "interesting" to say the least.

Love cats.

• Haha
Reactions: BNM
My German Shepherd wanting to play.

my_gsd.jpg

I have a yellow lab that just turned 3 the other day. I picked him up from a breeder a few months after my last dog had passed. He's a good boy and keeps me on my toes. Nice looking German Shepard Tommy.

He looks very trustful. I used to live with two German shepherds too, they were just awesome. May he have a long life with you.

Thanks.

I have a yellow lab that just turned 3 the other day. I picked him up from a breeder a few months after my last dog had passed. He's a good boy and keeps me on my toes. Nice looking German Shepard Tommy.

A Lab would of been my second choice if we didn't get the German Shepherd. She wanted a Poodle. LOL

Nice shepherd, Had one as a child my favourite dog by far.
For me I have fish..
Old lady let me set up a saltwater aquarium thinking it would be cheaper than getting a dog.... Pretty sure she was dead wrong lol
I don't even like thinking of the $ i put into all the corals and equipment it's crazy.

When our daughter was young we had a lab shepherd cross from a rescue society. Great dog, and it was unfortunate we could not give her what she needed. She ended up in London on a horse farm, so it worked out. One day my daughter was playing in our front yard while the wife and I were doing the gardens. Charlotte (the dog) was lazing on the lawn. A neighbour walked by and as soon as his Rottie came into view, Charlotte perked up. Wife made noises to calm her down, but I told her to let it be. Rottie looked at our daughter, and I guess Charlotte did not like the way he did it because she let out a low growl and a single loud bark. The bark we knew, but the growl was something very different. Never heard it again from her. The Rottie literally jumped behind it's owner and started to whine. God, it's been over 10 years, and I am sure that Charlotte is no longer playing with the horses but I loved that moment.

All three of ours came from the same rescue. The black Lab/Pittie mix, and the pittie were both foster failures. That means we fostered them and then ended up adopting them. With three dogs in the house we can no longer be a foster family, but I still do all the home visits in our area for the rescue. We had fostered over 60 dogs total. Here they are lounging in front of the woodstove to keep warm last winter.

483648_10200269200105078_2083161234_n.jpg

Cool dogs iblonger. I dig pitties, great dogs who got a bad rap unfortunately. My buddy had one that was a big baby, used to use him as a pillow when I'd lay on the floor watching tv lol.

My family has always had a dog so when I moved out I knew someday I'd get one myself. Finally 6 years later I got my first one. A 3 year old German Sheppard named Anna from the MVGSDR (Mississippi Valley GSD rescue).

The one on the left is Anna (my dog) and the one on the right is my parents GSD.
View attachment 333

Nice shepherd, Had one as a child my favourite dog by far.
For me I have fish..
Old lady let me set up a saltwater aquarium thinking it would be cheaper than getting a dog.... Pretty sure she was dead wrong lol
I don't even like thinking of the $ i put into all the corals and equipment it's crazy.

LOL. Saltwater fish look some much better. :)

When our daughter was young we had a lab shepherd cross from a rescue society. Great dog, and it was unfortunate we could not give her what she needed. She ended up in London on a horse farm, so it worked out. One day my daughter was playing in our front yard while the wife and I were doing the gardens. Charlotte (the dog) was lazing on the lawn. A neighbour walked by and as soon as his Rottie came into view, Charlotte perked up. Wife made noises to calm her down, but I told her to let it be. Rottie looked at our daughter, and I guess Charlotte did not like the way he did it because she let out a low growl and a single loud bark. The bark we knew, but the growl was something very different. Never heard it again from her. The Rottie literally jumped behind it's owner and started to whine. God, it's been over 10 years, and I am sure that Charlotte is no longer playing with the horses but I loved that moment.

That's a great story.

All three of ours came from the same rescue. The black Lab/Pittie mix, and the pittie were both foster failures. That means we fostered them and then ended up adopting them. With three dogs in the house we can no longer be a foster family, but I still do all the home visits in our area for the rescue. We had fostered over 60 dogs total. Here they are lounging in front of the woodstove to keep warm last winter.

View attachment 332

3 best friends right there!

My family has always had a dog so when I moved out I knew someday I'd get one myself. Finally 6 years later I got my first one. A 3 year old German Sheppard named Anna from the MVGSDR (Mississippi Valley GSD rescue).

The one on the left is Anna (my dog) and the one on the right is my parents GSD.
View attachment 333

Nice looking GSDs. Is Anna a full breed?

Nice looking GSDs. Is Anna a full breed?

Thanks! That's what we were told but I don't have her paperwork after adopting her from the rescue so I kind of take that with a grain of salt. If she is she's just a very petite female (60 lbs).

Btw I like your GSD too :)

Funny story about the little Pittie. We call her a kittybull because she walks on stuff and climbs on people like a cat. She sits and watches out the window most of the day when we are outside or not home. A couple weeks ago I was standing outside talking to the neighbor, and he looks up at the window with Dolly staring down at him and says "guess you don't have to worry about anyone breaking into your house". I didn't have the heart to tell him that she is just might lick you to death before she would bite you.

Protecting the toys while sleeping. LOL

dog1.jpg

View attachment 333
The right one looks exactly like the dog we had when I was a kid.

Very nice Lab...looks like healthy and happy.

Just got home from camping with the family. Let me tell ya, Porcupines are no joke. Sent 4 dogs to the emergency vet 35 miles away. Two of them were mine. I got to the scene of crime just in time to see my big black lab/pittie mix picking up the porky and shaking it. The vet said it was the worst case of quills in a dogs mouth and throat he ever saw. The pups are both fine, just a little sore.

Just got home from camping with the family. Let me tell ya, Porcupines are no joke. Sent 4 dogs to the emergency vet 35 miles away. Two of them were mine. I got to the scene of crime just in time to see my big black lab/pittie mix picking up the porky and shaking it. The vet said it was the worst case of quills in a dogs mouth and throat he ever saw. The pups are both fine, just a little sore.

Oh man.... I'm glad they are OK.

Can't believe my GSD will be 7 years old in a few months.

20140923_133248.jpg

I love these threads. My wife and I have been married 25 years. I think we have had a dog for 24.5 years of our marriage.

Our current dog is a puggle. 8 months old. The dog prior to this was a puggle. He passed suddenly (had a tumor that we didn't know about and it burst open). The breed was awesome, so we got another one (before that it was a Samoyed).

Here is my wife and Tucker on Halloween

20141031_194615_zpsuymg9vnu.jpg

20140625_184412_zpso7mqtq7n.jpg

When we first got him

image_zps99lwzs5z.jpg

Hell, I like dogs so much I was a Canine Police Officer in the AF 20+ years ago.

10450815_10100448123174589_2683404282516495742_n.jpgour 4 year old Goldendoodle. rescued from a friend of a friend of a friend who recently had a baby and couldnt take care of him any longer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom