PCF Shows (1 Viewer)

Loved Killing Eve and can't recommend it enough. Loved the style of it but possibly my favourite joke of the whole show was that BLETCHAM got the same treatment as Paris, London etc. on the title cards.

Some recently watched shows: (I'm YEARS behind on some stuff, ex Fargo, True Detective etc.)
  • Fargo S1 - AMAZING
  • Fargo S2 - Really very good, too.
  • Fargo S3 - Good but not in the same way as S1 or S2
  • Westworld S1 - Very enjoyable binge
  • Killing Eve S1 - as mentioned before, fantastic.
  • True Detective S1 - Holy shit wow.
  • Better Call Saul S3 & S4 - Like fine wine -nearly flawless.
Watching S2 of American Gods right now. One of my wife's favourite books, though I find the show a bit hard to follow having not read the book.

Random recommendations:
  • Broad City - really funny, leans raunchy
  • AP Bio - great visual style, Glenn Howerton is fantastic in it.
  • The Grand Tour - old top gear crew make me laugh, I love cars and visually is really really impressive, especially in 4KHDR
  • Top Gear - The new crew of Chris Harris, Matt Leblanc and Rory Reid are great, though disbanding again after this season :(
  • Schitt's Creek - Haven't really watched it, wife assures me it's hilarious - produced/created in Canada, yay.
  • Trailer Park Boys - Seasons 1-7 are just... *kisses fingers like italian chef* Best show you've likely never heard of. (Netflix in the US I believe)
  • The Good Place - Mike Schur of The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99 fame hits yet another home run. Also, Ted MF'in Danson
That's probably enough to keep ya'll busy until GOT in April :)

Love Westworld both Season 1 and Season 2.

Both Fargo and True Detective are on my list as well. I'll try to catch all of the True Detectives once I re-up my HBO sub for GOT.

The Good Place is on my list next for watching with the wife after we finish Seinfeld.

Is the OA worth watching? I started to watch S1 a couple of times and just never got around to it.

Russian Doll on Netflix is pretty solid. Its a fun take on the Groundhog Day story.
The 2ND season of the OA drops in about a week so it's a good time to start it... I thought it was good...
Also, "The Order" on Netflix I just binged this week, it was watchable..

The 2ND season of the OA drops in about a week so it's a good time to start it... I thought it was good...

We're watching Magicians. One magic show is enough for me

Me too... I've never watched Game of Thrones or the Magicians, so The Order was my Magic show, until whenever I feel like another ..
Give Game of Thrones a shot. Awesome! At first I thought it was over the top and not something I’d want to watch. The acting, writing, and cinematography won me over. This is something to binge- watch just in time for the final season which airs next month! Should be epic!

Give Game of Thrones a shot. Awesome! At first I thought it was over the top and not something I’d want to watch. The acting, writing, and cinematography won me over. This is something to binge- watch just in time for the final season which airs next month! Should be epic!

I loved the first three'ish seasons of GOT. As I tend too do. I got bored with it. I am looking forward to the final season. It should be fun.

I loved the first three'ish seasons of GOT. As I tend too do. I got bored with it. I am looking forward to the final season. It should be fun.
You missed a lot.

IMO GoT is one of the best shows on TV since Breaking Bad. Well shot cinematography, believable acting, and a complete story arc - something so woefully missing in so many shows. Villains that aren't 2 dimensional, plot twists that are not "Surprise! Plot Twist", but rather "Woah.... oh, so that's why..."

Can't wait for April. Sad and excited that this is the last season.

You missed a lot.

IMO GoT is one of the best shows on TV since Breaking Bad. Well shot cinematography, believable acting, and a complete story arc - something so woefully missing in so many shows. Villains that aren't 2 dimensional, plot twists that are not "Surprise! Plot Twist", but rather "Woah.... oh, so that's why..."

Can't wait for April. Sad and excited that this is the last season.

I'm up to date with all the episodes. I could have quit watching it after S3. The rest of it was decent. I was just bored with it. I only kept watching it because Colleen really enjoys it. There isn't a ton of TV programming that she gets excited about.

I do enjoy when a show determines ahead of time when their last season is going to be. The final season should be entertaining :)

I'm up to date with all the episodes. I could have quit watching it after S3. The rest of it was decent. I was just bored with it. I only kept watching it because Colleen really enjoys it. There isn't a ton of TV programming that she gets excited about.

I do enjoy when a show determines ahead of time when their last season is going to be. The final season should be entertaining :)
After a 2 year break and the last season only scheduled to have 6 episodes it better be good!

My wife and I have started "The OA". Were a couple of episodes in. We are both really enjoying it. I also binge watched "Love, Death, and Robots" off of Netflix. Its a bunch of animated "R" sci fi, twilight zone type episodes. Some are really good. Some are ok. A few are "meh". It starts off strong. This is not kid friendly. Lots of nudity and violence. At times almost feels like the old "Heavy Metal" type animated movies.

My wife and I have started "The OA". Were a couple of episodes in. We are both really enjoying it. I also binge watched "Love, Death, and Robots" off of Netflix. Its a bunch of animated "R" sci fi, twilight zone type episodes. Some are really good. Some are ok. A few are "meh". It starts off strong. This is not kid friendly. Lots of nudity and violence. At times almost feels like the old "Heavy Metal" type animated movies.

Always have enjoyed animated stuff, gritty anime especially...looking forward to watching these.

S3 of Santa Clarita Diet was put on Netflix. We really like this show. Its a fun comedy with a slightly different take on zombies. Plus the episodes are only 30 minutes long!

I'm going to give more hype for "Killing Eve". We just started S2. Its starting out strong. If you haven't watched this show yet I highly recommend it.

S3 of Santa Clarita Diet was put on Netflix. We really like this show. Its a fun comedy with a slightly different take on zombies. Plus the episodes are only 30 minutes long!

Wife and I love this show. Heard they're cancelling it though :(

At least we'll get to see Timothy Olyphant in the movie they're doing for Deadwood

Angie Tribeca is a guilty pleasure of mine.

If you like Airplane! and Naked Gun, you’ll probably enjoy it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Wife and I love this show. Heard they're cancelling it though :(

Yep. Kind of Netflix plan. Three seasons and done. Apparently if a show goes more than three seasons on Netflix they have to pay out huge bonuses.

Angie Tribeca is a guilty pleasure of mine.

If you like Airplane! and Naked Gun, you’ll probably enjoy it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I liked both of those movies until I re watched them a couple of years ago. They didn't hold up well with me.

I think Rashida Jones is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't get into the show. I gave it a handful of episodes before giving up. I have to get my RJ fix on old episodes of Parks and Rec (If I had to name a #1 favorite show it would be this).

Well, Jenn and I were loving the new season of Lucifer on Netflix, up until episode 8.

There's a scene where Amenadiel (a black angel) has befriended a black teen. They're walking on the street at night and a cop car flips on its lights and the cops jump out and try to arrest the kid because there's a warrant for his arrest for murder. He's a known (and admitted) drug dealer and the murder weapon was found with his prints on it.

They tell the kid to get on the ground and he starts arguing with them so one of the cops takes him down to the ground. The angel gets upset and starts arguing with the officers and they tell him to back off and keep his hands up and he refuses and starts approaching them aggressively so they draw on him.

And they turn it into a "this is how cops treat people who are black" type scene.

It was so terribly written and was blatant in its attempt to shove a social justice message down our throats.

It's the reason I stopped watching Black'ish. That show was hilarious, the Monopoly episode was positively brilliant, and then right after that every freaking episode was pushing social justice messages.

I watch shows to be entertained, not preached to. Ugh!

Watched the first two episodes of Chernobyl last night. Solid start. Would have greatly preferred local actors and native language with subtitles but I still liked it. Not for the faint of heart

(Forgive me for not reading the whole thread and jumping right in at page 25!)

I’ve been watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix lately. Recognizable voice actors — Will Arnett, Aaron Paul, I think Alison Brie. Funny animated show about the absurdity of LA/California life. Also half the characters are anthropomorphic animals with no explanation. I’m a fan.

I just finished Arrested Development. The original episodes were brilliant! It tapered off a bit in the Netflix years but was still good.

Definitely a show that was meant to be binged.

We started a new netflix show last night. "Dead to Me" with Christina Applegate. Were only a couple of episodes in. Pretty solid, and I recommend it. Especially when each episode docks in at 20 minutes!

It wasn't as good as season one, but I definitely enjoyed season two.

I'm going to give more hype for "Killing Eve". We just started S2. Its starting out strong. If you haven't watched this show yet I highly recommend it.
Barry..............nuff said
Did we just become best friends?

That episode of Barry that was entirely a fight scene with the tae kwon do guy and his kid. SO GOOD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom