PCF Shows (2 Viewers)

My wife and I just started watching Shameless, we're 9 years late to the party but loving it.

Better Call Saul - I'm happy his brother is gone, he was just really annoying. Kims outburst this season was fantastic, really emotional and well-acted. Gus is really not working for me though. I don't know if it's his cheesy lines or how he's delivering them, but it just comes across as trying too hard to be overly-sinister "you are MINE now!" and "if you're going to blah blah blah, you would be well advised to DO SO!" Like calm down buddy, we get it, you're the big bad now.

Jack Ryan meets the criteria for a good show...

1.png

2.png

I'd say custom ceramic, maybe ceramic hybrid. Either way, happy to see a show - which has little do do with gambling - spend the money/effort on something other than dice chips.

AMC's Better Call Saul is Must see TV. Helps tell the story of the events that took place prior to Breaking Bad. Haven't been thru all 24 pages in the thread but I'm sure its Well represented by now.

If you like Football one of my favorites is HBO's - Ballers stars The Rock and Denzel Washington's son (John David Washington)

I got rid of Prime as I never watched anything on it. Is it worth getting it back for this show? I need a good series.

I made it up to episode 3, and it's very good. I decided to pause, and go back and watch it with Mrs Zombie, because It's good enough to watch with someone else - it's not just a way to kill time.

But is one show enough? I'm also watching on Prime...
  • Psych (TV series from 2006-2014)
  • Eureka (TV series from 2007-2014)
  • The Tike (Amazon original series, not that slop that was unwatchable in 2001)
  • Grand Tour (think Top Gear, with the original Brit cast)
  • Torchwood (TV series 2006-2011)
  • Sneaky Pete (Amazon original)
And there are more that Mrs Zombie has been watching that she wants me to watch too. In addition if you "cut the cord", Amazon Prime also gives access to HBO (Game of Thrones/Westworld/movies) and/or Starz (movies) for $15/mo. each.

Unfortunately not in Australia. Foxtel has the rights to most ofHBOs content.
(n) :thumbsdown:

Not that I'm surprised. We want entertainment, they want profits. It's also American based, so stuff may be different in Oz. Point being, we find a lot of value in Prime, but we do not have Netflix, Hulu, or any other service outside of cable - which we have been considering cutting or threatening to cut as negotiation tool since HOB is available on Amazon for the same price.

But is one show enough? I'm also watching on Prime...
  • Psych (TV series from 2006-2014)
  • Eureka (TV series from 2007-2014)
  • The Tike (Amazon original series, not that slop that was unwatchable in 2001)
  • Grand Tour (think Top Gear, with the original Brit cast)
  • Torchwood (TV series 2006-2011)
  • Sneaky Pete (Amazon original)

You guys can use the sites Putlocker or CouchTuner to watch a lot of tv and movies on the sly.

That being said, my wife and I LOVED Psych, enjoyed Eureka and also watched Torchwood and Sneaky Pete (which were decent)

Has anyone watched the Purge tv show? Good god it gets worse with every episode. Unlikeable characters, terrible acting and dialogue. The most recent episode truly takes the cake as it shoves over-the-top SJW themes down our throat.

Jane is an executive who has been held back from advancing in her male-dominated company and she winds up hiring a hit-woman to kill her boss, but then has a change of heart and tries to stop the hit during Purge Night. Braving the dangerous streets she eventually makes it to the home of her boss only to find out he's already had her hitwoman killed.

He then has her dragged into a room where a bunch of women in cocktail dresses all have their hands tied up and are displayed as "living works of art" and essentially objectified for the pleasure of men.

Where this becomes ridiculously laughable is that her boss has rules on what is permitted. The women have to be fully clothed, there's no nudity. In addition, there's no penetration allowed, men are only allowed to grope or stare creepily at the women. And the groping they show essentially looks like a police pat down to check for weapons. The women aren't physically harmed at all and are let go at the end of the night and there's no rape.

But of course Jane starts screaming about what an animal he is, calls him a rapist, etc.

The whole scene is just so over-exaggerated and in the end she winds up being freed by the poor mans batman, a vigilante who lost his welding job due to corporate downsizing or a change in the economy and she winds up picking up a pistol and shooting her creeper boss in the skull, instantly killing him. Because, you know, over-the-clothes groping and holding women back professionally is deserving of execution I guess.

What's funny is I had always wondered why the various iterations of the Purge I had seen only showed murder on a night when all crime was legal, and hadn't tackled the issue of rape. And then when they finally introduce it, they classify pg-13 over-the-clothes pat downs and creepy staring into "rape" to try and win favor with the #MeToo movement.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see some of the heroes die violent deaths at least, as not one of them has given me a reason to care about their well being.

DD season 3 is fantastic. I think it is my favorite DD season and favorite Marvel season. Great story and even better fight scenes.

Wholeheartedly agree. Fight scenes were breathtaking. I cared about everyone and everything. The Bullseye origin was tense and creepy. Story never dragged.

And I just need all the Kingpin I can get.

DD season 3 is fantastic. I think it is my favorite DD season and favorite Marvel season. Great story and even better fight scenes.
Wholeheartedly agree. Fight scenes were breathtaking. I cared about everyone and everything. The Bullseye origin was tense and creepy. Story never dragged.

And I just need all the Kingpin I can get.
My son won't shut up about DD3. I'll have to get to it sometime, but my wife doesn't like brutal stuff. I don't either, if I'm honest, but if the story's good...

Crazyhead

It appears to be a one season show. 6 episodes at about 45 minutes each. Were three episodes deep and I'm really enjoying this show. Its UK based. Its funny and well acted.

It is not kid friendly.

Is the OA worth watching? I started to watch S1 a couple of times and just never got around to it.

Russian Doll on Netflix is pretty solid. Its a fun take on the Groundhog Day story.

I freakin' loved the OA. will check out Russian Doll, I've been hearing good things . . .

If you haven't watched Killing Eve I highly recommend it. S2 starts in early APR. I can't wait!

Anyone catch Miracle Workers yet? My wife and I are enjoying it. Steve Buscemi plays god and Daniel Radcliffe is an Angel who works in the Department of Answered Prayers.

The spin is that Heaven is a corporation with multiple layers and a disenchanted leader, and the angels attempting to fix things tend to mess things up in the process.

miracle.jpg

Is the OA worth watching? I started to watch S1 a couple of times and just never got around to it.

Russian Doll on Netflix is pretty solid. Its a fun take on the Groundhog Day story.
I freakin' loved the OA. will check out Russian Doll, I've been hearing good things . . .

Russian Doll's on my list. Working my way through Umbrella Academy right now, not sure how I feel about it yet.

Russian Doll's on my list. Working my way through Umbrella Academy right now, not sure how I feel about it yet.
I think Umbrella Academy was pretty good. Slow to start, especially as you hash out the entirety of the family dynamics. Successfully wrapped up at the end of the season, but was easily open to a second season.

I think Umbrella Academy was pretty good. Slow to start, especially as you hash out the entirety of the family dynamics. Successfully wrapped up at the end of the season, but was easily open to a second season.

Yeah, I'm about halfway through and I feel like it's just about to pick up some steam.

Just finihsed the episode that rewinds right at the end.

I agree. I honestly didn't think it started it slow. I liked getting to know the characters.

If you haven't watched Killing Eve I highly recommend it. S2 starts in early APR. I can't wait!
I'm only a couple of episodes into Killing Eve but I like it!

Loved Killing Eve and can't recommend it enough. Loved the style of it but possibly my favourite joke of the whole show was that BLETCHAM got the same treatment as Paris, London etc. on the title cards.

Some recently watched shows: (I'm YEARS behind on some stuff, ex Fargo, True Detective etc.)
  • Fargo S1 - AMAZING
  • Fargo S2 - Really very good, too.
  • Fargo S3 - Good but not in the same way as S1 or S2
  • Westworld S1 - Very enjoyable binge
  • Killing Eve S1 - as mentioned before, fantastic.
  • True Detective S1 - Holy shit wow.
  • Better Call Saul S3 & S4 - Like fine wine -nearly flawless.
Watching S2 of American Gods right now. One of my wife's favourite books, though I find the show a bit hard to follow having not read the book.

Random recommendations:
  • Broad City - really funny, leans raunchy
  • AP Bio - great visual style, Glenn Howerton is fantastic in it.
  • The Grand Tour - old top gear crew make me laugh, I love cars and visually is really really impressive, especially in 4KHDR
  • Top Gear - The new crew of Chris Harris, Matt Leblanc and Rory Reid are great, though disbanding again after this season :(
  • Schitt's Creek - Haven't really watched it, wife assures me it's hilarious - produced/created in Canada, yay.
  • Trailer Park Boys - Seasons 1-7 are just... *kisses fingers like italian chef* Best show you've likely never heard of. (Netflix in the US I believe)
  • The Good Place - Mike Schur of The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99 fame hits yet another home run. Also, Ted MF'in Danson
That's probably enough to keep ya'll busy until GOT in April :)

I agree. I honestly didn't think it started it slow. I liked getting to know the characters.
Sure. Sadly we don't have Netflix at home, so I had to watch it at the Firehouse. Watching shows that have multi-layered character development are difficult when there's always that one guy that complains that "there's not enough explosions".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom