PCF Shows (5 Viewers)

Did we just become best friends?

That episode of Barry that was entirely a fight scene with the tae kwon do guy and his kid. SO GOOD.

We laughed the entire episode. We finished it last night. Way better that GOT

Doom Patrol

Hilarious, weird and fucked up, lots of fun, and easily the best superhero show on tv.

There are times where you think the show is just throwing shit out there to fuck with you, but it works.

I absolutely recommend it.

I lost interest in Sneaky Pete early in season 2. It didn't feel like there was any story arc anymore, rather just an ongoing cycle of same-old same-old and no character development.

Let me know if I'm missing something.
Yeah, my wife seems to want to keep watching Sneaky Pete but I'm finding it less engaging.
I might just be dummer than you guys. Please don't make me think about story arc or character development. I just want to fret about how he's going to get out of the current predicament, and be happy.

I might just be dummer than you guys. Please don't make me think about story arc or character development. I just want to fret about how he's going to get out of the current predicament, and be happy.

There's just something about the main actors facial expressions and overall acting that I find.....off-putting, I guess?

He just doesn't capture my interest

There's just something about the main actors facial expressions and overall acting that I find.....off-putting, I guess?

He just doesn't capture my interest

I feel exactly the opposite. I've always liked him.

And he has a name. It's Giovanni Ribisi. :D

I stumbled onto Letterkenny on Hulu. Comedy about rural Canadian life. Some of the most outstanding chirps I have ever heard. Just flat out funny.

Giovanni Ribisi is the only reason I made it to the second season. One thing the show really had going well was the casting. Everybody was very average looking and real.

I stumbled onto Letterkenny on Hulu. Comedy about rural Canadian life. Some of the most outstanding chirps I have ever heard. Just flat out funny.
I really enjoyed Letterkenny. That line about algebra (2nd or 3rd episode, IIRC) made my wife and me laugh till we cried. I was hooked.

Just finished season 2 of The Orville. It still has plenty of science flaws, but they are starting to find their stride. Less Family Guy and more Star Trek this season. It has been picked up for season 3, but low ratings have it's head very close to the chopping block.

Just finished season 2 of The Orville. It still has plenty of science flaws, but they are starting to find their stride. Less Family Guy and more Star Trek this season. It has been picked up for season 3, but low ratings have it's head very close to the chopping block.

Jenn and I have enjoyed The Orville as well. We wound up turning off Star Trek Discovery shortly into the newest season, just failed to hold our interest.

Finished Good Omens, a short 6-episode series with a demon and angel trying to stop the apocalypse. We're big fans of David Tennant who plays the demon so had to check it out.

Has a number of laughs that made it fun, terrible special effects. They also try too hard in later episodes to pretty much bang the viewers over the head about pollution and nuclear weapons being bad and how we have to save the earth, which was just a real turnoff.

I can't stand political messages being shoved down my throat while I'm trying to be entertained, especially when they're just so blatant and in your face.

Oh, and Jon Hamm is hilarious as an Angel from the head office, and Michael Sheehan does a great job with his angel character as well.

All-in-all, we don't regret watching it, although I still hated the "message" it forced upon the viewer.

We are mid-way through Good Omens. We started it for the same reason (David Tennant). Liz was reluctant at first, as she had read the books and didn't want to see them trampled, but so far, so good. We just met the Horseman Pollution, which was a good laugh.

I don't mind social topics in my entertainment though. Social and political topics have been a part of many great pictures. The Deer Hunter, Ghostbusters, Philadelphia, practically everything Star Trek. I don't even necessarily agree with many messages, but I can accept them as part of the story - as long as facts aren't made up to push their point, and it fits into the story.

OK, I finished Good Omens. Unlike Anthony, I did not find it preachy.

I think Doctor Who fans will enjoy the show. Tennant obviously drew from his time as the Doctor. If the two shows did a crossover, the demon absolutely could have actually been the Doctor in disguise.

The special effects were also on par with a BBC production, so Doctor Who fans shouldn't have a gripe with dime-store level F/X. They spent the money on a good story, not on a J.J. Abrams production.

I also like that it was complete. No "loose end" that conveniently leaves the door open for a sequel. Which is almost too bad, I enjoyed the ride.

Jenn and I just started watching The Good Place, whichs stars Kristen Bell as a bad person who is sent to Heaven by mistake.

We're only a few episodes in but enjoying it
I had watched Good Place on Netflix, but they don't have the recent season. :( I am definitely a fan. However, I don't have Netflix at home, I watch it using a fellow firefighters account. I hope the next season drops before he gets moved out of my station.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom