PCF Nostalgia... (1 Viewer)

I agree with a lot of what @ChipEnvy said above. I just remember how AWESOME it was (seemed?) when one of the best/fun things going for the "community" on CT was the Pharaoh china clay group buy. Things just seemed more innocent and pure back then. I mean people were posting pr0n of china clay sets and we were all discussing them and excited about them. Now, you have to post pr0n of "grail" (hate that term) sets only it seems to get any kind of reaction (slight exaggeration but hopefully you get my point).

I get that there have been obviously more chips and more types of chips introduced into the market since then, but my point is that we were all talking about chips regardless of status, cost, etc. It just seems now that there is too much snobbery going on nowadays. For crying out loud, new members are signing up and their first purchase is for $4+/chip Paulsons.

I don't know, just rambling right now sorry.
My largest chipping regret is leaving CT right before they did the group buy of the WSOP chips. I forget the fancy term, but the 8 spot ones that I believe BCC did. I was totally in on buying a large set, then kinda lost the drive to keep buying. When I came back, I was so disappointed in myself.

My largest chipping regret is leaving CT right before they did the group buy of the WSOP chips. I forget the fancy term, but the 8 spot ones that I believe BCC did. I was totally in on buying a large set, then kinda lost the drive to keep buying. When I came back, I was so disappointed in myself.
Not going with TRK over ASM when I got my first custom set would be mine. I loved my HHR set but hindsight TRK's would have been a better purchase imo.

Not going with TRK instead of ASM when I got my first custom set would be mine. I loved my HHR set but hindsight TRK's would have been a better purchase imo.
Yeah. One of my dumbed friends who I won't mention..... *Cough* @Saoliver *cough* should have got a Kings TRK set but messed it up.....

I'll never forgive him.... Ever.....

Yeah. One of my dumbed friends who I won't mention..... *Cough* @Saoliver *cough* should have got a Kings TRK set but messed it up.....

I'll never forgive him.... Ever.....
I want to say CT was pretty new in 04 and everything I knew about chips came from HPT and I went with the HHR and no denom advice.

GCOP

Grand Championship of Poker (closest they would accept)

I want to say CT was pretty new in 04 and everything I knew about chips came from HPT and I went with the HHR and no denom advice.
It was a different time. It didn't seem (in my opinion) that there was as many levels as there is now. Back then, people just enjoyed chips. None were levels better. Now certain sets just hold more status while others are shamed.

Now, I do remember that the drama started to spike and I disappeared. So this could be just as much as remembering the good times and forgetting the bad. Eh. Who knows.

It was a different time. It didn't seem (in my opinion) that there was as many levels as there is now. Back then, people just enjoyed chips. None were levels better. Now certain sets just hold more status while others are shamed. Now, I do remember that the drama started to spike and I disappeared. So this could be just as much as remembering the good times and forgetting the bad. Eh. Who knows.
You guys could order chips from Paulson, BCC, TRK, or ASM.
I’m not sure what to say next.

You guys could order chips from Paulson, BCC, TRK, or ASM.
I’m not sure what to say next.
Like Joni Mitchell said: you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

1612464813396.png

Crazy to think there are 10k members.
I agree it has changed some with the influx of new members, but I still associate with the people I like and stay away from the ones causing drama. I don't pay much attention to the negativity or the negative people.
Honestly don't know what I would do every day without this place to come to.

Tommy used to post in a place where another member was named TommyTheCat, and I often confused them for each other when reading the boards.
TommyTheCat was here too, I met him at a meetup a few years ago at @Jeff house. He was a cool guy. Unfortunately if I recall correctly the NAGB drama drove him away.

I bought the bulk of my first Paulson set from Tommythecat.

TommyTheCat was here too, I met him at a meetup a few years ago at @Jeff house. He was a cool guy. Unfortunately if I recall correctly the NAGB drama drove him away.
Yes, very very nice guy and good poker player. He is a oenophile, and could always be counted to bring a bunch of really good wine to share at WCB.

I was in the same boat lol as I was studying at uni and didn't have enough to drop $1+ on multiple sets. Plus at the time the suits molds looked expensive to me when I considered them against the PCAs that I bought.

Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom