PCF Nostalgia... (1 Viewer)

I might suggest that everyone sell off a bunch of their expensive sets, and come join me collecting watches instead.

Watch collecting forum anyone? Lol

I spend so much time record shopping online. Every day I tell myself not to get started collecting. I dont own any records, yet...

When I first came to this country in 1994 I worked and lived in a place full of English and Irish, a small seasonal island where everyone sort of knew everyone. Myself and them had come over to work, drink, work some more, then drink some more.

During my first year I was sitting at a bar with this Irish girl who had come over the year before. In a bar close to the downtown ferry bringing people over from the mainland.

As we were sitting there in the bar around noontime (as you do ) The latest ferry had unloaded its passengers and a few of them had wandered into the bar.
They were Irish and new to the island.

At that moment the girl I was with turned around and looked at them ordering a drink, she turns around to me in disgust and says in a thick Irish accent..

"Aye would ya look at dat, they're fookin everywhere, dis fookin place aint da same anymore"

When I first came to this country in 1994 I worked and lived in a place full of English and Irish, a small seasonal island where everyone sort of knew everyone. Myself and them had come over to work, drink, work some more, then drink some more.

During my first year I was sitting at a bar with this Irish girl who had come over the year before. In a bar close to the downtown ferry bringing people over from the mainland.

As we were sitting there in the bar around noontime (as you do ) The latest ferry had unloaded its passengers and a few of them had wandered into the bar.
They were Irish and new to the island.

At that moment the girl I was with turned around and looked at them ordering a drink, she turns around to me in disgust and says in a thick Irish accent..

"Aye would ya look at dat, they're fookin everywhere, dis fookin place aint da same anymore"
Ah yes, but she was right :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

We say the same thing here with the influx of northerners lol

I might suggest that everyone sell off a bunch of their expensive sets, and come join me collecting watches instead.

Watch collecting forum anyone? Lol
I have definitely been actively thinking/searching for something to replace this hobby but just can’t figure out what.

Hmmmm I do love watches. Actually people at work make fun of me for wearing one. They are mostly younger “kids” who have grown up with cell phones so they feel that there is no need for a watch.

I have definitely been actively thinking/searching for something to replace this hobby but just can’t figure out what.

Hmmmm I do love watches. Actually people at work make fun of me for wearing one. They are mostly younger “kids” who have grown up with cell phones so they feel that there is no need for a watch.
That's what i like about watches. Most people don't notice or find it amusing if they do notice and find out what you've got.

It's a very personal hobby.

It was a stronger argument when compression fantasy lines were readily available for less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom