PCF NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge 2024 (4 Viewers)

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
The best time of the year is here!

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 17.22.13.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 17.22.54.png

The bracket challenge is officially open: https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/leagues/38125

To register, please indicate your participation in this thread and then PM me for the password

Also, when picking your team name, please add your PCF nickname if possible to keep things easy.

Playoffs already begin on Saturday, but the brackets are open for three more days (end of Sunday, unless I'm mistaken). So we've got only a few days to get our picks locked in.

WAGER: For simplicity's sake, let's do the same as last year - $20 USD wager per person. To be paid out at the end of the playoffs. If you sign up, please commit to paying this out if you lose. It's all for fun in the end, but nobody likes a deadbeat ;)

For payouts, I'm suggesting a slight tweak from last year: let's pay out the top 20% (+/-)

7 or fewers players: 1 spot paid out (100)
8 -12 players: 2 spots paid out (70/30)
13-17 players: 3 spots paid out (55/30/15)
17-20 players: 4 spots paid out (45/27/17/11)

If anyone has a better suggestion, happy to tweak before brackets are locked (I'm a cash player, so payout schedules aren't my forté :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

2024 Participant List:
1. @cpac54
2. @HughDrackman
3. @Forty4
4. @krafticus
5. @Hot Nuts

6. @dpeks13
7. @BNads86
8. @calfdemon
9. @k9dr
10. @AK Chip

11. @JMC9389
LOCKED.

Last edited:
Also, when picking your team name, please add your PCF nickname if possible to keep things easy.

When I tried it gave me a message about inappropriate words. Had to try several other things and finally it allowed "Hawt Nuts"

This confuses me: Playoffs already begin on Saturday, but the brackets are open for three more days (end of Sunday, unless I'm mistaken). So we've got only a few days to get our picks locked in.

If that's true, why fill out brackets until Sunday so you can see who is winning already. I don't like this. Had rather everyone be locked in before the Canes game on Sat at 5pm. Other sports' brackets get locked before the first game begins.

Can't we make it a requirement for the league to have the bracket set before first puck drop? Or does the NHL brackets allow you to edit after the fact? I'm sure we can keep ours honest with screenshots so there can't be any editing after first puck drop?

This confuses me: Playoffs already begin on Saturday, but the brackets are open for three more days (end of Sunday, unless I'm mistaken). So we've got only a few days to get our picks locked in.

If that's true, why fill out brackets until Sunday so you can see who is winning already. I don't like this. Had rather everyone be locked in before the Canes game on Sat at 5pm. Other sports' brackets get locked before the first game begins.

Can't we make it a requirement for the league to have the bracket set before first puck drop? Or does the NHL brackets allow you to edit after the fact? I'm sure we can keep ours honest with screenshots so there can't be any editing after first puck drop?

It's the NHL site that leaves the brackets open until Sunday. It was the same last year too with it being open after the first games had been played. Personally, I don't think it matters all that much, unless someone has predicted a sweep, but I see the point.

I've got my bracket locked in and would ask everyone to do the same before the first games Saturday. I'll close entry to the bracket pool here once the first games start and ask everyone to refrain from editing their own bracket after the fact.

FYI, there seems to be a glitch with the brackets - a few people have mentioned that two teams appear after registering. Happened to me as well.

When I look at the group though, I only see one bracket per member, but still two for myself. Should be fine I think.

Brackets submitted. I'm also seeing double brackets, but only filled out 1.

honor system.gif

Turned down a Canes ticket for today. Broke due to a bunch of home projects and hungover from hosting poker last night.

Preferably in my lifetime.
My very first year as an Oilers season ticket holder was 2005/06. They made the SCF that year and, losing to the Canes in 7 aside, it was the highlight of all my years of being an Oilers fan at the time. The following year began a streak of 10 straight season where they missed the playoffs, and, as good as they've been the past few years, it dawns on me that it's been almost 20 years since that SCF appearance. Time sure flies and being a sports fan can be rough.

On the bright side though, at least we're not Leafs fans.

1713635256834.png

I became a Flyers Fan in 78-79. Several cup appearances but no win (yet).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom