PCF Cigars (9 Viewers)

IMG_1262.jpeg

Todays mail.

Scored today on FB Marketplace.

View attachment 1310525

Thanks DraftKings!

Wife has been complaining about smell in garage. I use a cheap dual window exhaust and intake is through a second window slightly opened depending on the temperature. It works pretty well, but I've always wanted to add a Rabbit Air. This is the MinusA2 model. It has a remote instead of bluetooth, which I prefer a remote so I don't have to open up the app. Remote is just quicker. Still has a little over 2 years of warranty left on it.

She didn't want me to pay $600 for a new one even with wins from March Madness. Got lucky and found one listed on FBM for $250. Pet/charcoal filter had just been installed. She still resisted, but I picked it up anyway. Need to figure out the best placement for my set up. Ordered a mounting bracket for $8 shipped.

Covers 815 sq ft. My garage is 542 sq ft and 6238 cubic feet. I saw the A2 covers 6,520 cubic feet.

Any suggestions for placement, including height? I see reviews that say to put it near where you smoke. Testing it out this weekend while watch The Masters and Canes later tonight.
No knowledge, but let me know how it works. I've almost bought one several times now.

Will do. Will be a while though so I can give it a thorough test.

Ok, I'll give my first impressions. I could tell it was definitely less smoky (I was smoking alone). I ran it on the highest setting (turbo). Turbo is not very loud btw.

I left it on auto overnight and it was a difference maker. The smell the next morning was minimal if any. It has a night function and when it detects low lighting it turns off its lights and keeps running. I'd rather the lights stay on to see what setting it's on, but I get that it's also designed for folks to be able to put it in a bedroom. Would be nice to have a setting option for that.

5 stars from me so far. Can't wait to mount it on the wall and see how it performs.

These Flor De Las Antillas Maduros by MF get overlooked. They are quite delicias.

20240413_001134.jpg

Last edited:
It's pretty solid for a short filler. Same tobacco as the red label, just cheaper.

Monthly cigar game tonight. Not sure which has tougher calls, the NLHE game or the cigar choices….
OR Opus Angels Share
‘98 Opus FF
‘01 Punch SS#1
‘12 Sig Vi

Happy Friday PCF!

Attachments

• IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13
A new deck feels awesome. Have had the privilege of 3 deck rebuilds and have another in the next couple years.

It does feel good. My wife being happy feels even better.

The original deck was 19 years old and started to dry rot. Going to maintain the new one. Might host a game on it like I used to.

Next up roof and gutter replacement in 3 weeks followed by painting the exterior of the house. My wife has given me more projects than I can shake a stick at, but all are needed. Luckily I can just write checks for most of it else I'd throw my back out again.

Now going to have some Johnny Walker 18 Gold Label paired with a Tatuaje Reserva and watch some hockey. I love hockey, it's my favorite sport to watch.

It does feel good. My wife being happy feels even better.

The original deck was 19 years old and started to dry rot. Going to maintain the new one. Might host a game on it like I used to.

Next up roof and gutter replacement in 3 weeks followed by painting the exterior of the house. My wife has given me more projects than I can shake a stick at, but all are needed. Luckily I can just write checks for most of it else I'd throw my back out again.

Now going to have some Johnny Walker 18 Gold Label paired with a Tatuaje Reserva and watch some hockey. I love hockey, it's my favorite sport to watch.
Not to hijack the thread about home improvements but, I see you’re in Raleigh…how long does a cedar deck last in your area? and what material did you use?

I’m in Seattle and a cedar deck is good for about 15yrs if it’s on the North side of your home if you maintain it well. Seems we would have similar climates.

The current house the North deck I did in Trex. That stuff is $$. South 2nd story deck we actually did tile.

Not sure about Cedar. We typically use pine; we have tons of pine trees here and the awful pollen to go with it. Both decks have been pine, although the builder used cheap notted-pine. My deck was really okay about 17 years in full sun without any maintenance (I was stupid). The guy who rebuilt my deck who did a superb job wanted $3800 to stain it on top. That's just crazy.

I looked at Trex and other composites, but yes they were $$$. Trex was like double and we may move in 5-10 years so not worth it for us.

I think our climates are vastly different. It gets very humid here during the summer. I've been to Seattle and the rainy mist and clouds are completely different. I have no idea how the 2 climates compare to one another with wood lasting.

Last edited:
It is with a very, very heavy heart that I'm having to unwatch this thread, folks!

Had a pretty bad health scare recently; was in hospital for the best part of a week, and still got a while to go until full recovery.

It was a chest and lung-related issue, so not the wisest idea to carry on smoking (even though I've still got about 30 cigars left).

Getting notifications on this thread will be too much of a heartbreaker, so will just stick to poker chips and steak, hahah. Happy smoking!

It is with a very, very heavy heart that I'm having to unwatch this thread, folks!

Had a pretty bad health scare recently; was in hospital for the best part of a week, and still got a while to go until full recovery.

It was a chest and lung-related issue, so not the wisest idea to carry on smoking (even though I've still got about 30 cigars left).

Getting notifications on this thread will be too much of a heartbreaker, so will just stick to poker chips and steak, hahah. Happy smoking!

Sorry to hear this, but first and foremost you've got to take of your health.

Wishing you well and better health moving forward

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom