PCF Cigars (8 Viewers)

Hoyos are my favorites!
I usually really enjoy them, also, but I had an epicure #2 tonight and, while it burned great and had an inch and a half of ash on it, the flavor was just really blah. Hoping it was just a one off but it was disappointing.

I usually really enjoy them, also, but I had an epicure #2 tonight and, while it burned great and had an inch and a half of ash on it, the flavor was just really blah. Hoping it was just a one off but it was disappointing.
I had the same issue with a petite robusto for the first time this year. Overall they're usually good - I've probably had 4 or 5 boxes of the petit robustos/epicure 2s over the years.

Damn fine mail day today!
FD1F9CC6-18FC-43F0-A543-C43FE17D3FFF.jpeg

question for all you puro lovers. Cellophane on or off inside the humidor?

I' not asking advise, I know what I like, but I'm curious to see what others do.

Sup gentlemen! I just recently got into cigars (after nearly 20 yrs of cigarettes - haven’t had a drag of those in six years) and I’m wondering if it’s worth reading through all the pages in this thread.

I recently bought four cigars kept them in an air-tight food container with a Boveda pack inside it. I know I’m not going to do these cigars’ names justice, but I’ll try my best to let you know what I smoked.

First one was a Romeo y Julieta, and now after researching, I know this is a common name brand and there are several different varieties. This one was probably 6” and was very mild. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Second was a short Macanudo, and I of course (like with the Romeo y Julieta) didn’t make note of the kind, but I didn’t really care for it. Seemed to burn hot, fell apart, and wasn’t as smooth.

Third one was a Shade(?). I don’t know if that’s a name brand or what, but it was alright too! It was longer, smooth, and mild throughout, but burned a bit unevenly toward the last half.

The fourth one, I can’t remember off the top of my head, but it was probably my favorite after the Romeo y Julieta. I could almost pick up different nodes of flavor - like sweetness of some fruit and chocolate almost. Burned smooth as well and very mild. I’ll let you know what cigar this was when I get back home.

I’m going back to the cigar shop tonight to pick up a few more, and I’m once again going to ask for help and suggestions of what “mild” cigars they suggest, but thought you guys might have some suggestions as well. Again, the milder the better for this cigar rookie (for now). And I don’t mind spending a bit over $10/stick.

Any advice in general would be helpful too. Like cutters, ashtrays, a cheap beginner humidor, etc… TYIA!

I had an Arturo Fuente "Hemingway short story" last month which was a really weird shape and delicious!

I tried this hoping for something similar but not as good. This is a "chateau Fuente."

View attachment 776573
Really want to try the Hemingway Short Story. Similar vitola to this, which is one of my all-time faves:

IMG_20210410_011324.jpg

IMG_20210410_015027.jpg

Sup gentlemen! I just recently got into cigars (after nearly 20 yrs of cigarettes - haven’t had a drag of those in six years) and I’m wondering if it’s worth reading through all the pages in this thread.

I recently bought four cigars kept them in an air-tight food container with a Boveda pack inside it. I know I’m not going to do these cigars’ names justice, but I’ll try my best to let you know what I smoked.

First one was a Romeo y Julieta, and now after researching, I know this is a common name brand and there are several different varieties. This one was probably 6” and was very mild. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Second was a short Macanudo, and I of course (like with the Romeo y Julieta) didn’t make note of the kind, but I didn’t really care for it. Seemed to burn hot, fell apart, and wasn’t as smooth.

Third one was a Shade(?). I don’t know if that’s a name brand or what, but it was alright too! It was longer, smooth, and mild throughout, but burned a bit unevenly toward the last half.

The fourth one, I can’t remember off the top of my head, but it was probably my favorite after the Romeo y Julieta. I could almost pick up different nodes of flavor - like sweetness of some fruit and chocolate almost. Burned smooth as well and very mild. I’ll let you know what cigar this was when I get back home.

I’m going back to the cigar shop tonight to pick up a few more, and I’m once again going to ask for help and suggestions of what “mild” cigars they suggest, but thought you guys might have some suggestions as well. Again, the milder the better for this cigar rookie (for now). And I don’t mind spending a bit over $10/stick.

Any advice in general would be helpful too. Like cutters, ashtrays, a cheap beginner humidor, etc… TYIA!
Perdomo usually has a sampler pack that comes in a "travel bag" of sorts. Usually runs about $30 with 4 sticks in it.

Looks like this:

1631720497983.png

I always go for the Connecticut wrapper on these.

Perdomo usually has a sampler pack that comes in a "travel bag" of sorts. Usually runs about $30 with 4 sticks in it.

Looks like this:

View attachment 777749

I always go for the Connecticut wrapper on these.
You can't go wrong with Perdomo Cigars. For a new smoker I always recommend the Champagne stick.

Plenty of online retailers - my favorites are small batch cigar and Tampa sweethearts.

If your a fan of the Romeo Y Julieta’s, I’d suggest going on to Ihavanas.com and ordering yourself a box of the Belicosos. They are my favorite RYJ stick and I believe would closely match your criteria.
51F69FD6-28B2-4E29-8E70-6A0D1091D4EB.jpeg
985F305B-7133-481D-A376-EB61E5F03245.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom