PCF Cigars (18 Viewers)

Rocky Patel Decade by the fire

Micro cash game and a super economy cigar provided by my buddy. Also smoked a melanio maduro robusto at the start of the game but didn't think about snapping a pic until now.

Dug this lovely stick out of the bottom of the humidor, Padilla 1932 signature limited edition. Good company for a home brew session. :tup:

I smoked a nice Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo while at @Kyle 's game. Sorry no pics of that one, but I do have a picture of another one waiting. They've been in my humidor for over 5 years now.

A27EE80F-6E59-4C37-B14C-4FFD9ED42E98.jpeg

I don't cut very deep, and I've only used a straight cut so I don't exactly have the best answer!

Even with a straight cut, I think you could get a better smoke if you weren't cutting so deep. If you look at the profile the of cigar post-cut, you should still see some taper at the top. If I compare it to the two pictures above, the corners are square. You basically don't want to cut below the cap.

I share this all with a grain of salt, because it's all about the experience you want, so feel free to ignore

Even with a straight cut, I think you could get a better smoke if you weren't cutting so deep. If you look at the profile the of cigar post-cut, you should still see some taper at the top. If I compare it to the two pictures above, the corners are square. You basically don't want to cut below the cap.

I share this all with a grain of salt, because it's all about the experience you want, so feel free to ignore

View attachment 275171

View attachment 275172

I would have never known that, thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try this tonight!

The main concern is the wrapper unraveling if you cut the cap entirely off. If you aren’t having this problem then don’t worry. Although the cigar police might hassle you if they see you doing it ;)

Also I find that with a big straight cut some cigars draw too well and burn hot, making them bitter. I’ve moved primarily to punch cuts. If it draws too tight (rare) I then open it up with a straight or v-cut. Interestingly, in most cigar making countries, locals pinch cut their cigars with their fingernails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom