PCF Cigars (7 Viewers)

@Kyle for your storage issue - what are you currently using? I have a built in wine-a-dor and a freestanding humidor. I use Boveda in both. The wine-a-dor is amazing, because it keep my sticks at 65 degrees and I use 65% packs. The humidor I use 69% packs.

Another thing to consider is using a tupperware during your dry winters. I use one of these for my 'poker night' cigars. The cigars that I don't care if someone smokes just half of it and tosses it. The tupperware keeps the RH rock solid all year long.

This is awesome. Show us where you put it up in your poker room.
6B4A17F3-AF05-498C-85E1-463BCF689AB4.jpeg
32A498DE-D0FA-400A-8F3D-6B91548CE4AF.jpeg

For those of you who post or just lurk at the forum section of FoH, it seems they have a similar environment to PCF. what are your views of FoH and or other cigar forums.

Also a few questions for those who are cigar connoisseurs: What are your views/experiences with Cuban Lou’s, iHavanas and Topcubans? How about FoH’s online store(s)? I believe there is one or two different stores, but it could be just the same operation with two different sites (c*nt vs. https://store.friendsofhabanos.com/isv/?___from_store=english).

I know about fake Cubans. I smoke a few cigars a week with friends at poker games and in non-gaming environments. I wanted to know what your personal experiences and views are/have been regarding those sites as there are lots of propaganda and misinformation out there. All of those sites have good and bad reviews. That includes the controversial 24:24 sales at FoH.

For those of you who post or just lurk at the forum section of FoH, it seems they have a similar environment to PCF. what are your views of FoH and or other cigar forums.

Also a few questions for those who are cigar connoisseurs: What are your views/experiences with Cuban Lou’s, iHavanas and Topcubans? How about FoH’s online store(s)? I believe there is one or two different stores, but it could be just the same operation with two different sites (c*nt vs. https://store.friendsofhabanos.com/isv/?___from_store=english).

I know about fake Cubans. I smoke a few cigars a week with friends at poker games and in non-gaming environments. I wanted to know what your personal experiences and views are/have been regarding those sites as there are lots of propaganda and misinformation out there. All of those sites have good and bad reviews. That includes the controversial 24:24 sales at FoH.
I've never had a problem with ihav and I know many who use it without issue. I can't speak for the rest, as I wasn't willing to take the risk. Personally I prefer Non Cuban cigars and in the last few years only have purchased boxes of Cubans when visiting outside of the US. Always at a LCDH and mainly for the regional selections.

coh and foh store have been good to me. I stick to rass, partagas, bolivars and aged ryj's short churchs. Folks on other forums have had really good luck with ihav as well. use famous smoke and awesome local b&m for perdomos/padrons for non-cc's. i'm recently leaning more to regional selections as I can get some blind buys with a bit more age on them. With all that said, when in doubt...buy a padron. why take the chance?

more about padrons here:

So I’m expecting my first child in April, was going to buy a box of mellow/mild cigars to pass out to friends and family, around the
$6-7 a stick range, any recommendations @CraigT78? Any thoughts on the AVO Classic?

So I’m expecting my first child in April, was going to buy a box of mellow/mild cigars to pass out to friends and family, around the
$6-7 a stick range, any recommendations @CraigT78? Any thoughts on the AVO Classic?
Fuente 8-5-8 are the best stick in that price range IMO. AVO classic is a solid smoke, if you are looking for something really mild I could also suggest Romeo & Julieta 1875 or Macanudo Cafe.

Congrats. Get yourself something much nicer, a birth of a child is a special occasion that calls for a Padron!

Thank you sir, and for the info! I certainly plan on smoking something much nicer myself, along with my dad and brothers. Just have a large family, figured the new girl is going to cost enough!haha

What’s your favorite Padron right now? They’re mostly all full bodied smokes right?

What’s your favorite Padron right now? They’re mostly all full bodied smokes right?
1964 Anniversary or the 80 year anniversary would be my pick to celebrate with. Yes, most all of Padron cigars are full body and full strength.

I had my first cigar on Christmas day. An El Rey Del Mundo Demi Tasse. Not a large cigar but I would suggest something smaller for someone starting out, even if you smoke cigarettes etc. Long story short I have swapped out smoking cigarettes for smoking cigarillo's like Cafe Creme and Wee Willem's. I have only 1 or two a day so I have significantly reduced my consumption of tobacco and am giving my lungs a bit of a break. The difference is that even though its the size of a cigarette, it's just not something I want to smoke a lot during the day but when I do I enjoy it.

Good to see some fellow cigar smokers here. Ive been smoking cigars for about 8 years and have had quite the collection over that time. I chased all the Tatuajes, the LP's the Opus', and then I just kind of fell off for awhile. Nothing really tasted good anymore. Then I started buying cubans, and that has changed for me. Gives me something different and they're not overpowering. Don't get me wrong, I still love some of the NC. I love me some Illusione, and I do enjoy some Fuentes still. And I like some of the stuff Warped has come out with, but to be honest, they're being chased way too much now as well. Regarding the sites above, I have purchased through FoH numerous times and enjoy that community. Ive heard nothing but good things from iHavanas, but have not purchased through them because they only take Visa. I have heard that you can create one with your Mastercard, through Privacy.com, but haven't done so yet. I am actually in the process of finding a new cabinet humidor and possibly getting rid of my wineador and shelves, because I am starting to collect boxes. Needless to say, my wife is less than impressed with all of my hobbies.

Smoke in good health, friends.

Im scared this site might give me another form of CAD. I've already got Cigar Acquisition Disease. Chip Acquisition Disease is right around the corner!

This was how i started a nice night of dealers choice on Thursday. No peaky and a good stick.

Last edited:
I'm smoking a best seller right now!
I think rolling a perfecto requires more skill than more conventional shapes hence I prefer to buy them as "cheapies" and have yet to be disappointed. And the short story works well for non-regular cigar smokers so I tend to hand them out when with people who I haven't smoked with before. I have a Daniel Marshall treasure chest where nicer cigars reside which gets opened up with the guys who can tell the difference.

Anyone here smoke a pipe? I started with cigars and then tried a pipe. I'm not an every day smoker but still enjoy both on occasion. Pipe tobacco is so much easier to maintain than cigars - you just stick it in an airtight jar and it matures. No messing with humidifiers etc.

Anyone here smoke a pipe? I started with cigars and then tried a pipe. I'm not an every day smoker but still enjoy both on occasion. Pipe tobacco is so much easier to maintain than cigars - you just stick it in an airtight jar and it matures. No messing with humidifiers etc.

I've tried it and liked it, may get a pipe eventually, but usually just smoke on poker nights or at the golf course and find cigars pretty convenient

Tupperware and a Boveda packet work flawlessly for cigars. Cheap humidors just don't have a good enough seal and expensive ones don't hold enough cigars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom