PCF at the Movies (5 Viewers)

We watched Megan Leavey last night. Its decent. Kind of sappy. Solid performance by Kate Mara. We all liked. I always enjoy a good canine flick. There was definitely a few times Colleen would ask me "are you allowed take the canines out when you want, keep them in your room, ect....". No in the Air Force. Probably nope in the Marines, but it was still fun to watch.

I liked that they dedicated a decent amount of time to her dealing with the separation of her Canine and how she tried to deal with her PTSD.

I want to add. Bradley Whitford is looking old..........It took me a few minutes to recognize him (more his voice than anything). If you haven't watched "Good Guys", a one season show that starred BW you should. Its stupid fun.

Went to see IT on Friday night...was pretty fantastic.

I'm not big into these types of flicks. I am looking forward to seeing this when its available.

Last night we watched "the Big Sick". It was a fantastic movie. It combines funny and sad really well. The chemistry between Kumail Nanjiani and Zoe Kazan is very believable. It starts off as a pretty standard romance comedy. A couple of twists and turns and you get hooked into the movie. It also helps that Kumail is a very funny guy.

Both leads were fantastic to watch. I definitely recommend this movie!

I thoroughly enjoyed both the Force Awakens and Rogue One, but I'm really looking forward to this one after seeing the teaser and this trailer. If Rian Johnson can effectively pull off what it appears he's trying to do with the varied framing & camera angles, this could be a really cool & unique entry in the series. So cool to see Mark Hamill back in action.

I thoroughly enjoyed both the Force Awakens and Rogue One, but I'm really looking forward to this one after seeing the teaser and this trailer. If Rian Johnson can effectively pull off what it appears he's trying to do with the varied framing & camera angles, this could be a really cool & unique entry in the series. So cool to see Mark Hamill back in action.
The only thing I didn't like was it looks like he is relying a lot more on CGI than JJ did. Other than that the trailer was awesome and got my tickets for opening night!!

The only thing I didn't like was it looks like he is relying a lot more on CGI than JJ did. Other than that the trailer was awesome and got my tickets for opening night!!

First Ewoks, then Jar Jar Binks and now this Furby looking thing.

79AEC16C-E880-4846-BD23-F76591A227D4.png

Great. (n) :thumbsdown:

First Ewoks, then Jar Jar Binks and now this Furby looking thing.

View attachment 126375

Great. (n) :thumbsdown:

lol, the internet seems to be losing their shit over these things. I recall reading that they were inspired by the native birds (puffins maybe?) actually found on the island where they filmed the Ahch-To scenes. X2 on what @tommythecat said, as long as their used properly (and sparingly) they could be a fun addition to the film.

And Disney will generate countless dump trucks full of money marketing these things this Christmas.....

yogurtDoll.jpg

I didn't sleep well last night. I was up pretty damn early. I turned on "Ingrid Goes West". Aubrey Plaza is fantastic. She plays a crazy stalker chic that is easily obsessed with anyone that remotely gives her attention on social media. The movie is described as a Dark Comedy. Honestly, its more of a sad drama with some dark humor attached. I definitely recommend it. However, you will need to follow this up with a happy, feel good movie.

Took the boys to see Thor Ragnarok this weekend. Another fun movie from Marvel with some of the best action/fight sequences involving Thor to date (the opening fight sequence was one of the best). Very funny in all the right ways without being over the top (still doesn't hold a candle to GOTG though). Cate Blanchett was just about perfect, played an awesome villain and who at close to 50 is still smoking hot. Seems to be a great lead into the new Avengers movie next year.

Took the boys to see Thor Ragnarok this weekend. Another fun movie from Marvel with some of the best action/fight sequences involving Thor to date (the opening fight sequence was one of the best). Very funny in all the right ways without being over the top (still doesn't hold a candle to GOTG though). Cate Blanchett was just about perfect, played an awesome villain and who at close to 50 is still smoking hot. Seems to be a great lead into the new Avengers movie next year.

I agree. It was definitely a "fun" movie. I judge the Marvel movies on if I was entertained or not. I was entertained, so it was a success.

We'll probably hit Justice League this weekend (even though it will probably be horrible). What I'm really excited about it "The Punisher". I believe Netflix is releasing it on FRI.

I agree. It was definitely a "fun" movie. I judge the Marvel movies on if I was entertained or not. I was entertained, so it was a success.

We'll probably hit Justice League this weekend (even though it will probably be horrible). What I'm really excited about it "The Punisher". I believe Netflix is releasing it on FRI.

Likewise with regards to having fun at a comic book movie, I was never into comics as a kids so as long as the movie has some cool action scenes, a decent (new) story and a few chuckles it's usually worth the price of admission, Marvel knows what they're doing. I'm on the fence for Justice League, I enjoyed Man of Steel, BvS was fairly boring and Suicide Squad was a dumpster fire. Wonder Woman was OK but the story was kind of meh, I expect this one to be similar. Post up your thoughts if you head out to see it!

Friday matinee for the wife and I to see JL. I'm a lifelong comics nerd and I'm so weary of the obnoxious segment of fans that can't be entertained by anything. I take the movies to heart and get all the references and in-jokes and where they take liberties, but those people are ridiculous.

Ragnarok was amazing. My wife is still quoting it and chuckling to herself.

JL will likely not be. I loved the Nolan trilogy, but I've enjoyed Affleck/Irons as Batman/Alfred so far. I liked Man of Steel but as time and viewings pass, I feel worse about it. BvS was not very good but lost all credibility when Batman screamed about Martha. I don't know of another scene that deflated an entire movie like that did. And what they did with Lex was a crime. That movie should've been epic (relatively speaking). I hate Suicide Squad more than I hate Iron Man 3 which is as bad as it gets for me. The bar is set very low for JL. I can't wait for Black Panther and Infinity War.

The Punisher needs to be great to make up for Iron Fist and The Defenders.

I loved this video game! I'm sure it will be "meh". I'll still enjoy it for the mindless entertainment.

Its a Netflix mini-series, been hankering for a decent Western and this one satisfied me just fine. Love the way all the characters grew into the story...well played

Last edited:
Being home sick I've been catching up with some movies and shows. Yesterday I watched "The Shape of Water". WOW.....I really liked it. Its really well done. Its kind of a science fiction love story. I thought the acting was top notch. Sally Hawkins was absolutely awesome. She delivers in her role without saying a word (she is mute).

Michael Shannon is the antagonist. He's pretty solid. However, it felt like I was watching him in Boardwalk Empire when he was on scene.

The plan today is to watch Blade Runner 2049

I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 - Denis Villeneuve is one of my favourite directors. It's probably worth a re-watch of the original Blade Runner before you go see this sequel, unless you are already familiar with the source material.

I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 - Denis Villeneuve is one of my favourite directors. It's probably worth a re-watch of the original Blade Runner before you go see this sequel, unless you are already familiar with the source material.

Thanks. I think I should be fine. I watch it every few years. One of my favorite movies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom