PayPal issues...again...WTF?!? (1 Viewer)

hdgeno

Full House
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with my PayPal account??

The last two times I’ve sold sets to US members they are unable to send money, via PayPal, from their bank accounts. It seems the only fix is to load PayPal from bank account (takes a week) and then send money.

I have checked everything I can in my account, but there are literally very few settings that I can actually change.

It’s driving me nuts because I don’t know what to do (if there is anything I can do). Is anyone else having this problem??

Hate to sound like a broken record, but it sure makes selling harder than it should be.

Have you tried Google Pay? Very easy to sign up for and no fees!!

As a fellow Canadian, I've had no issues over multiple transactions in the last 2 months. I've received up to $400 US at a time from US or Euro members. Maybe it's only happening over a certain amount?

The only thing that pisses me off and is new is if they want to keep the funds in US currency (which most of us Canadian chippers do since we're using it to buy more chips from the US) it forces US members to pay an extra conversion fee. Which is bullshit.

As a fellow Canadian, I've had no issues over multiple transactions in the last 2 months. I've received up to $400 US at a time from US or Euro members. Maybe it's only happening over a certain amount?

The only thing that pisses me off and is new is if they want to keep the funds in US currency (which most of us Canadian chippers do since we're using it to buy more chips from the US) it forces US members to pay an extra conversion fee. Which is bullshit.

Could be the dollar amount I suppose, the last two transactions have been $3k+

WTF? Am I misunderstanding this? So they are basically charging a conversion fee, and pocketing it, even though the money isn't being converted!?

WTF? Am I misunderstanding this? So they are basically charging a conversion fee, and pocketing it, even though the money isn't being converted!?
And this all works both ways folks. As a Canadian chipper...90% of my Transactions are with US chippers and it costs me $2.21 per transaction to a certain amount and then incrementally more after

I use USD that I have. No conversion

I just got off the phone with PayPal, according to them there is nothing wrong with my account. They were not super helpful beyond that, even after I said that mine seems to be the only account with these issues among my group of friends (that’s you PCF folks).

They could tell a payment had been tried, even the dollar amount, but just said it was denied at the other end:(

The last three PP/FF payments I sent to Canada each cost me an extra $4.95 transfer fee. It used to be free.....

About time you Americans have to pay to play as well, I don’t know if I’ve ever done a transaction for free on PayPal. Don’t get me started on paying duty/taxes on so many of the packages I’ve received in the last 11 years of chipping.

Maybe this is all a sign that I need to stop selling chips...

This has been the same problem for the last 3 transactions, but strangely enough @Jeff didn't seem to have that problem. What did you do differently than the three guys @Jeff ?

@hdgeno I see no "transfer fee" broken out on the transaction. There was a "Fee" line item of 49.03 Canadian on a $1461.61 Canadian cost. My assumption was that it was the normal PayPal fee..

Exchange rate was 1.271 CAD to 1 US

just a suggestion, but you must other family or friends that can receive the payment for you and then etransfer back to you.

maybe that would help

just a suggestion, but you must other family or friends that can receive the payment for you and then etransfer back to you.

maybe that would help

I have no friends, wife doesn’t have a PayPal, not sure if any of my family does.

So can someone explain this to me? @Chefe and I are trying to make a transaction. He's wanting euros. I'm sending the money FF but as noted above in the thread I get charged a fee no matter if it's dollars or euros which is dumb. But this is also going on.
20191122_164515.jpg

20191122_164445.jpg

Except the conversion is wrong.
This is from Google.
Screenshot_20191122-154946_Chrome.jpg

So wtf is going on. This is friends and family, there's an outrageous fee (that's already been covered here) and then they're not even converting properly. They're skimming money on the conversion.

So can someone explain this to me? @Chefe and I are trying to make a transaction. He's wanting euros. I'm sending the money FF but as noted above in the thread I get charged a fee no matter if it's dollars or euros which is dumb. But this is also going on.
View attachment 370370
View attachment 370371

Except the conversion is wrong.
This is from Google.
View attachment 370372

So wtf is going on. This is friends and family, there's an outrageous fee (that's already been covered here) and then they're not even converting properly. They're skimming money on the conversion.
That's the fee paypal is taking for currency translation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom