PayPal issues...again...WTF?!? (1 Viewer)

It's not just the fee. I know the fee is happening but they're also not converting the currency properly.

Thats the problem. I`m feeling so sorry for @Marhault that he had to pay the fee, but the exchange rate simply is sick. 0,8675 instead of 0,91 means nearly five cents per dollar difference. o_O

It's basically eating almost 10 bucks of the transaction. That's bullshit.
Yeah they're likely not giving you a spot rate and inflating the conversion a bit in their favor, plus charging the flat fee only to you for currency translation.

I don't mind the fee. That's part of doing business. But taking this shadow skimming on the conversion is just bull. It's costing 10% to make a transaction when you figure the fee in. It's silly.

It just sucks that there isn't many better options for sending funds internationally. Google Pay might be worth a shot.

20191122_170016.jpg

Try venmo?? They're run through paypal but the rates might be better. You can also try Google pay

PP always has a horrible exchange rate since they are skimming on every transaction.
Yup. I normally add 3% to the Bank of Canada exchange rate when figuring out what PP will use as an exchange rate (so, if BoC uses $1.32 CDN = $1 USD, I'll assume PP will use $1.35). That's normally pretty close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom