Paulson Classics $10 relabel (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this quickly - another PCF member turned me onto the idea of over-labeling the Classic $10s to turn them into 25c using @Gear labels. This is my first experience using @Gear and also my first shot at using any labels. They came out fantastic and they weren't as tedious to apply as I thought they would be. Did this to ~40 of them the other night and will finish off the last 160 this weekend. Thanks to everyone for the assist!

PXL_20201115_033348692.jpg

PXL_20201115_033436778.jpg

PXL_20201115_033335128.jpg

PXL_20201115_033412346.jpg

PXL_20201115_033447248.jpg

Nicely done! And kudos to @Gear.

I could never understand why there was a $10 chip in the Paulson Classic line, anyway. Brilliant use of some nice chips.
Agreed! I originally only got them because 1. It bothered me to not have one of the denominations and 2. most of them were still cheap-ish at the time and 3. they're so good looking. Psyched that they're now functional as well!

Looks great!!! Glad they came out so good. I'm just waiting to get mine into play..... someday. Stupid COVID.....

Nicely done! And kudos to @Gear.

I could never understand why there was a $10 chip in the Paulson Classic line, anyway. Brilliant use of some nice chips.
Your chips look great.
I have the answer to what $10 chips are for. Not super common anymore, but in the "Olden days" we all used to play limit. Pretty big limit back in the day, but those $10 chips would be used in a $30/$60 & $40/$80 limit & still are in a few rooms where they still play limit. Everyone will buy in for 2 or 3 racks and there will easily be 20k on the table & almost all of it in $10 chips (except a few $1 $ maybe a few $5's for tokes) For NL - total waste of chips....

Your chips look great.
I have the answer to what $10 chips are for. Not super common anymore, but in the "Olden days" we all used to play limit. Pretty big limit back in the day, but those $10 chips would be used in a $30/$60 & $40/$80 limit & still are in a few rooms where they still play limit. Everyone will buy in for 2 or 3 racks and there will easily be 20k on the table & almost all of it in $10 chips (except a few $1 $ maybe a few $5's for tokes) For NL - total waste of chips....
Yeah, I follow Brad Owen on YouTube and when he plays at Bellagio they use a $10 chip in the $5/$10 NL game.
98E7A1A2-8738-4795-BE7F-7F000C386F37.png

Just wanted to share this quickly - another PCF member turned me onto the idea of over-labeling the Classic $10s to turn them into 25c using @Gear labels. This is my first experience using @Gear and also my first shot at using any labels. They came out fantastic and they weren't as tedious to apply as I thought they would be. Did this to ~40 of them the other night and will finish off the last 160 this weekend. Thanks to everyone for the assist!

View attachment 574993

View attachment 574994

View attachment 574996

View attachment 574997

View attachment 574998
These look great and make a ton of sense for those who require fracs!! In terms of the process did you stick a label over the original inlay or did you remove and replace the inlay. Either way looks fantastic!!!

These look great and make a ton of sense for those who require fracs!! In terms of the process did you stick a label over the original inlay or did you remove and replace the inlay. Either way looks fantastic!!!
Yup - they're just labels stuck over the original inlay. You could remove the inlay, but I'm sure that would get messy and it wasn't worth it to me especially since I wanted to preserve the value of the original chip (the labels should be removable). A little tedious to label all of them, but not the worst thing in the world.

Yup - they're just labels stuck over the original inlay. You could remove the inlay, but I'm sure that would get messy and it wasn't worth it to me especially since I wanted to preserve the value of the original chip (the labels should be removable). A little tedious to label all of them, but not the worst thing in the
Well congrats, they look fantastic and great point about preserving value of the chips if down the road you want to change back.

Bumping this old thread I stumbled across because these look great and wanted to copy what @jpietrella has done. Have a cash set of classics that I rarely use because no fracs (and the 10s I never use). Always intended to murder the 10s but am too lazy and will never do it, had not considered overlays instead. Sorry @Gear am new to this forum... (if you are willing) how would would I go about acquiring these same overlays? Thanks so much

Also, out of interest. How do they hold up through cleaning/oiling etc. vs. the original inlay? Presumably similar

Just send Gear a PM, he already has the artwork for the label so it's just a matter of getting in his order queue.

As for cleaning, they are just a vinyl sticker if you are going to do the over lay, so I would imagine that you need to be a little more gentle with them when it comes to scrubbing and stuff like that.

Bumping this old thread I stumbled across because these look great and wanted to copy what @jpietrella has done. Have a cash set of classics that I rarely use because no fracs (and the 10s I never use). Always intended to murder the 10s but am too lazy and will never do it, had not considered overlays instead. Sorry @Gear am new to this forum... (if you are willing) how would would I go about acquiring these same overlays? Thanks so much

Also, out of interest. How do they hold up through cleaning/oiling etc. vs. the original inlay? Presumably similar
He used to accept orders here by just sending him a PM, but I think it's a bit more structured now. Be prepared to wait, but I think you can follow his procedures here: https://www.gearlabels.com/pe-labels

Labels for a frac to overlabel your $10s should be readily available so you'd just need to get in his queue and place an order.

He used to accept orders here by just sending him a PM, but I think it's a bit more structured now. Be prepared to wait, but I think you can follow his procedures here: https://www.gearlabels.com/pe-labels

Labels for a frac to overlabel your $10s should be readily available so you'd just need to get in his queue and place an order.

Great thanks for the link, and thanks @TKEUofM

I will submit an order on the website

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom