Patriots fans (and non-Patriots fans I suppose) (3 Viewers)

Hell yes I remember that, and if Dallas was in the Super Bowl I'd be writing things like this instead of getting indignant about the media covering this moronic deflategate thing:

"Super Bowl, SUCKKKKK IT!"
(Pictures of 3 Super Bowl rings)
(Pictures of the Pats/Colts scoreboard)
Etc....

They can't take the Super Bowl appearance away from you so what do you care? Fuck it, tell them to suck it.

(I do think this whole thing about deflation and balls is hilarious though).

You do know it is legal (and common practice) to videotape the opposing team during practice, right? You do know, it was the location of where the Patriots were taping that was the illegal piece. It wasn't good, but to say it chronicles a history of cheating is negligent.

When the story broke, it was reported a Colts player (the guy who intercepted the ball) claimed the ball didn't feel right. Now he is coming out and saying he never said that, never thought the ball felt odd. He brought it to the sideline to keep it since it was his first post season interception in a 9 year career.

The NFL was supposed to have this wrapped up by today or yesterday. Instead, they reported today that they've hired a forensic team to review video (aka they have nothing). Lets just keep it going folks.

I like this graphic the best. For all you Brady haters, he keeps his family and friends in good company. These assclowns need WAAAY more attention than deflategate.
View attachment 5778

Hey Berg, remember this little Romo cheat? His foot pushing the ball to the first down mark after the refs put the ball down? CHEATERS!!!1
tony-romo-kick.gif

I think he got assessed a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct for that - he's done it more than once so it may have been a different time but I coulda sworn it was against the Vikings.

Wow, didn't see that until it was bumped today, but to answer your question, nope, didn't know it was legal to videotape opposing teams practice. I don't know where I got that notion. What I know now is the area you refer to where the Pats were caught videotaping, was the oposing teams sideline and they were videotaping the defensive coaches and signal callers, which was a big enough "mis-interpretation" of the rules that the Pariots lost a first round draft pick, were fined and Belichick personally received the largest fine ever given to a head coach in the history of the NFL. But that's no big deal because were talking about the mother fuckin' Patriots here.

Oh and Lolz at 'witch hunt' the Chair of the Boston College physics department debunked, finding that the temperature was actually to blame. Shocker there. His explanation only makes sense if a) the Patriots balls were inflated to the minimum amount allowed, which is fine as that's the way Brady likes them and b) they were inflated indoors in a 90 degree room.

The deflated balls are not a big deal, the Patriots are a great team... And they cheat, however insignificant, they are proven cheaters.

Please bring up Seattle and PEDs... While that used to be a story, the Seahawks have had 5 players suspended since Pete Carrol arrived. During that same time the Pats had 3. The biggest name on that Seahawk list and repeat offender is Brandon Browner, now one of the Patriots starting DB's.

Nothing will come of deflategate, which is good, I don't think anything should. In fact it probably helps the Pats more than anything because it gives them something to prove, and teams play better with a chip on their shoulder. But to say the Patriots do not have a history of cheating is comical to anyone outside Boston.

They have been caught cheating before. They are not perpetual cheaters. They do not cheat.

Fair enough. I'm out!

Lets get on to the good stuff! Let's get some money down on this thing. I'll take two $50 bets. I get the Seahawks and a point.

Last edited:
I'd bet by rule, every NFL has a player who has "cheated". PEDs or other violations. Reminds me of the big debate between BGInGA and jbutler about cheating in poker. :)

I'd bet by rule, every NFL has a player who has "cheated". PEDs or other violations. Reminds me of the big debate between BGInGA and jbutler about cheating in poker. :)

yeah but were the balls damaged?

Absolutely this. Every player, Coach, Owner etc. on Every Team in the NFL Cheats. Most commonly, players cheat on the field and are assessed penalties during the game. Sometimes infractions take place off the field, and then different penalties are assessed. Holding, Tripping, Pass Interference, Tampering, Texting, Videotaping signals, Peds, OTA violations, Bounties, Artificially inflated Fan Noise, etc.....Its All against the rules. The thing that makes the Pats different is that they also consistently win. Seattle may get to the esteemed "Cheater" designation though soon depending on the outcome of Sundays Game.

Did anyone watch Bill Walsh a Football Life on the NFL Network? I mean, he's a god and Bill Parcels openly stated that Walsh intentionally broke their headsets early during a postseason game against the Giants because they were ready with plays and by rule the other team is required to turn off their headsets if the first team's equipment is broken. Upon returning to a playoff match Parcels said to Walsh "if your headset breaks again I'm going to expose you" and Walsh said something in return to confirm the previous years issue. Nuts.

Congrats Chicken. I got no confirmation so ChipEnvy gets a half off coupon lol.

I left half on the table for someone else. I would have taken all the action for $100, but was trying to be a community player, and share the fun. I had action with others as well. He definitely got 50% off there...

To his credit, he paid immediately. Would give action again.

First, my comments on "Deflate Gate..."

For anyone who thinks the slightly under-inflated balls were eggregious and may have actually influenced the game, let's propose a harsh penalty: let's take away all the points the Patriots scored during the first half of the game, when those balls were in use. It was 28 to 7 at halftime; Patriots lose 28 points.

In the second half, the Patriots scored another 17 points, and would still win the game, 17 to 7. This "cheat" did not affect the outcome; time to review the rules and procedures, but let's not pretend this is related to their win.

Second, I just heard a wonderful podcast on the early days of football. Interesting even for people who have no interest in football (it's not a sports podcast; football just happened to be the subject). And if you think there are rules shenanigans today, wait until you hear about the early days!

http://www.radiolab.org/story/football/

(I'd also never heard of the Carlisle Indian School, and had no idea that Native Americans were seminal in the sport.)

I don't think any sane person is saying under-inflated balls affected the outcome of the AFC championship. It's the so-called "culture of cheating" which may or may not exist but certainly does in some people's (fans of other teams) minds that some people have a problem with. Personally, I think Belichick walks the line, and looks for any advantage he can get away with, but that's not bad thing. I actually like him, and would love it if he was the Raven's head coach (not that I dislike Harbaugh, he's pretty good himself). The only Patriot I have an irrational dislike for is Brady. To see a guy who has it all (great talent, movie-star good looks, super-model wife) be a whiny little biotch on the rare occasion things don't go his way really irks me for some reason.

Absolutely this. Every player, Coach, Owner etc. on Every Team in the NFL Cheats. Most commonly, players cheat on the field and are assessed penalties during the game. Sometimes infractions take place off the field, and then different penalties are assessed. Holding, Tripping, Pass Interference, Tampering, Texting, Videotaping signals, Peds, OTA violations, Bounties, Artificially inflated Fan Noise, etc.....Its All against the rules..

I won't say "every", but ^^this^^ seems like a pretty good description of the general situation. No idea where this is going to end up, but if the NFL finds that the Pats were involved in intentionally breaking the rules in any way they are going to fry them. Not the first time for them and the commish is in trouble. Bad timing.

Or it could all blow over and just go away. :)

So, the recent news is that of the 1 of the underinflated balls was under by 2 psi, while the other 10 were just a tick or two under. Also sounds like proper protocol was not followed by the refs/NFL to log the pressure or weight. I stand by my statement that nothing will ultimately come of this, and the patriots did not intentionally break the rules.

Also, mental nomad, you have the score backwards. They scored 17 in the 1st half, 28 in the second. :)

So, the recent news is that of the 1 of the underinflated balls was under by 2 psi, while the other 10 were just a tick or two under. Also sounds like proper protocol was not followed by the refs/NFL to log the pressure or weight. I stand by my statement that nothing will ultimately come of this, and the patriots did not intentionally break the rules.

Also, mental nomad, you have the score backwards. They scored 17 in the 1st half, 28 in the second. :)

and the couple of ticks or 2 would certainly be explainable by the weather if they were inflated to the minimum at room temperature. So at most, one game ball came up 2 lbs soft, the rest were probably good and untampered with in any way. 1 tampered ball seems unlikely to have effected the outcome.

Again, we all know it wouldn't impact the game, it is whether or not there was cheating. I think if only 1 ball was that under, it puts the patriots in a much better light. If they were going to cheat, you would think more than 1 ball would be that far under. If the NFL finds that the pats PURPOSELY deflated balls to 12.3 psi, it would still be cheating, but heck, who would only deflate them that little amount. Until (and that is a,big if) we see the official report instead of all of the leaks, we really don't know a darn thing.

Seems #teampatriots are more excited that they were able to beat the Seahawks than actually winning the Superbowl.

Stay Classy Pats!

B9BNsBdIcAAaBg7.jpg:large

B9Bx7l0IMAE_A89.jpg

Stay classy Seahawks. Trying to start a fight after the game was in the bag!

They just had the Super Bowl in the bag and lost it. The guy ejected apologized immediately after the game, and don't act like the Patriots were innocent bystanders there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom