Patriots fans (and non-Patriots fans I suppose) (1 Viewer)

sticking my head in here for what reason i don't know, but...i guess i just don't understand the disagreement. tell me if i have this right:

PRO-PATRIOTS: patriots are under the microscope bc we win. other teams cheat just as much or nearly as much.
ANTI-PATRIOTS: brady obv obstructed this investigation and it's a joke that he got off.

these positions seem compatible and both pretty obviously true to me.

I think you are fusing two different arguments...

PRO-PATRIOTS: patriots are under the microscope bc we win. other teams cheat just as much or nearly as much.
ANTI-PATRIOTS: The patriots only win because they cheat. The only reason they beat xyz team is because they cheated.

In regards to deflategate:

PRO-PATRIOTS: The NFL conspired with disgruntled organizations who consistently lose to the Patriots in a botched sting operation which became known as deflate gate. They then absolutely mangled the investigation and appeals process by carrying a grudge and trying to cover up their own involvement.
ANTI-PATRIOTS: brady obv obstructed this investigation and it's a joke that he got off.

Both Pro and Anti: NFL is corrupt and ESPN is an absolute joke as a news outlet.

jbutler, if by obstructing you are refering to the destroyed cell phone let me shed some light on that subject. the reason for the cell phone being destroyed was in that time frame e new iphone came out, so he upgraded. there for didnt have the old phone.

thats it. nothing more.

this is why we need REAL journalists. like the old print journalists that had to fact check before running a story. im surprised none of the journalists today (or their companies) have been sued for libel. prob not worth the money. or settled out of court in a hush hush settlement. who knows

This idiot that penned this useless drivel lost me when he complained about the draft system that has been used throughout football and other sports for decades.

jbutler, if by obstructing you are refering to the destroyed cell phone let me shed some light on that subject. the reason for the cell phone being destroyed was in that time frame e new iphone came out, so he upgraded. there for didnt have the old phone.

thats it. nothing more.

the timeline for his change in phones doesn't seem to line up to that explanation if the info here is correct (i don't know if deadspin is believed to have a pro/anti-patriots bias, so i don't mean to link to a spoiled source).

it looks like he had one phone active from May 2014 through November 2014; then a second from November 2014 through March 2015; then a third from March 2015 onward. the latest iphone came out in september 2014, so one would think if he wanted to get the new phone he would have done so with phone #2.

on the other hand, if the testimony quoted in the above article is to be believed, he claims not to have destroyed his phone, but to have given it to his assistant for disposal, which seems entirely reasonable. saying that he "destroyed" it seem unduly inflammatory.

still, the timeline seems very convenient for Brady since he seems to have disposed of the previous phone without submitting it to the forensic investigator the day he was interviewed by Ted Wells for the investigation.

I think the question is why they needed the phone when they had already provided a complete transcript of communications with all of the associated parties, and they had all of the other parties phones. That was the whole red herring argument.

The NY Post proved why he should not turn over his phone when they ran a feature headline bashing Brady on his private conversation about buying a pool cover.

With this much circumstantial evidence it's impossible to not doubt the legitimacy of anything the Patriots accomplished in the last 15 years. If you don't like the cloud, you created, hanging over your head then change. Be a more transparent organization. Stop destroying cell phones, smashing tapes, and shredding documents. Hell if Kraft was not implicit and riding the money train he would have fired Belichik for staining the image of his organization. I actually believe the Patriots relish the "evil empire" reputation and could care less about image. I'm actually OK with that although Brady running to a judge is not really how you'd imagine Darth Vadar conducting himself. The problem is that the Patriot fans won't embrace this truth and instead want to incessantly whine about how tormented and persecuted their team is. You're the modern day Oakland Raiders but you certainly don't carry yourself with the swagger that they did (both team and fans).

I think the question is why they needed the phone when they had already provided a complete transcript of communications with all of the associated parties, and they had all of the other parties phones. That was the whole red herring argument.

this seems to be a very good point. not trying to dodge the issue, but i don't care to spend enough time with the issue to get really educated on it. there seem to be ridiculously conflicting accounts from the reasonable amount of googling i have done. i get the feeling i would have to do a lot, lot more before i knew enough to feel confident in any opinion.

With this much circumstantial evidence it's impossible to not doubt the legitimacy of anything the Patriots accomplished in the last 15 years.

can't the same be said for basically every other professional sports organization? i mean, does anyone really doubt that every team has a pretty sizeable group of players/coaches/personnel in the "do whatever it takes" category? i think it's fair to err on the side of cheating in the case of the patriots, but it's just as fair to do so with other organizations imo.

Hey, my 90's era Cowboys may have banged 78% of the prostitutes in North Texas and snorted a mountain of coke that dwarfs Mount McKinley, but they never cheated. No sir, just drugs and hookers, but no cheating. The buck stopped there.

lol

Hey, my 90's era Cowboys may have banged 78% of the prostitutes in North Texas and snorted a mountain of coke that dwarfs Mount McKinley, but they never cheated. No sir, just drugs and hookers, but no cheating. The buck stopped there.
You play with a different kind of intensity when you are working off the blow in your system and trying to run away from that hooker smell that keeps following you around.

can't the same be said for basically every other professional sports organization? i mean, does anyone really doubt that every team has a pretty sizeable group of players/coaches/personnel in the "do whatever it takes" category? i think it's fair to err on the side of cheating in the case of the patriots, but it's just as fair to do so with other organizations imo.

I would agree that everyone is looking for some sort of an edge but the Patriots have taken "gamesmanship" to a whole new level. Most people when they get caught pushing the envelope or something will back down after they get their hand slapped. The Patriots take it as a challenge to find a sneakier and better way to cheat. Its systematic and institutional with them. The order to cheat comes from the top and players are made to be complicit whether they want to or even know they are contributing. This is the truest definition of "lack of institutional control" that I have ever seen.

10957739_10102905897285558_4046332881611677148_n.jpg

I think this says it all

To get to poker, the great Don Cherry weighed in on Belichick on Twitter. Here are 2 of the 10 tweets ...

screenshot-twitter.com 2015-09-09 14-58-28.png

screenshot-twitter.com 2015-09-09 14-58-40.png

I still maintain that the Pats/Brady should be punished for breaking the rules, but whatever.

To get to poker, the great Don Cherry weighed in on Belichick on Twitter. Here are 2 of the 10 tweets ...

View attachment 17131
View attachment 17132

I still maintain that the Pats/Brady should be punished for breaking the rules, but whatever.

Totally agree that all teams try to "push the envelope". You just need to be able to buck up and take your medicine when you're caught. The Patriots instead act like the victim every time they are busted and that, I believe, is the reason people are piling on now.

Totally agree that all teams try to "push the envelope". You just need to be able to buck up and take your medicine when you're caught. The Patriots instead act like the victim every time they are busted and that, I believe, is the reason people are piling on now.

Pretty much every other team in the league that has been caught bending the rules has appealed it in some capacity.

When the Vikings are caught on film heating game balls they are warned not to do so again. When there is circumstantial evidence against the patriots for doing the same thing, all of a sudden the whole integrity of the game is called into question.

Its the cry baby teams like the Colts and Ravens who whine to the league to change the rules every time they lose. Talk about bucking up....

Also, you have to admit, you and the rest of your unhinged fanbase are pretty insecure about your Bradykins, which makes it even more fun to troll you guys.

Its just something I can't admit. I have a a life, I don't own a free brady shirt. I do dislike Goodell, and if Brady is the vehicle to discuss my angst about the league then I am fine with it. I am not insecure or else I'd be trolling....

sticking my head in here for what reason i don't know

Do you have to comment on everything? :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom