PAHWM: 5NL Zone at Ignition (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
No reads - anonymous .02/.05 fast fold Zone on Ignition. Hero is in UTG (LJ) with pocket Jacks.
Hero opens to 3BB and +1 calls, +2 calls, BN 3bets to 17.4BB, SB folds (!) and BB jams 117.4 BB
Pic below - this is pretty much what always happens when I have jacks ..

Hero's move.

Jacks.jpg

I’m folding them joints.

I try to pretend jacks are tens, not queens.

But I also know nothing about six max zone poker.

I mean what’s your best hope, that they both have AK?
Im folding

I vote fold. I think it is close, not a snap fold. jacks are a top two percent hand. The big blind overbet jam could easily be a fancy squeeze play rather than a big hand. And button's three bet could be a lot wider than QQ+, AK. Rejamming doesn't seem like a crazy mistake. Perhaps not a coin flip, but not too far off.

Too bad we have no villain reads -=- DrStrange

Interesting that everyone agrees. This was an obvious fold to me.
I clicked the 'sit out next hand' check box so I could watch the hand play out.
+1 and +2 folded and BN called.
BN showed KK and BB showed QQ and did not improve.

I may stop playing big pairs.

Not counting my recent incident with queens, the previous two times I had a big pair, I was one upped. Another time had queens, and met aces. Had kings, ran into aces.

QQ+ = -EV

At zoom this is a pretty trivial fold.
It's been a while since I actually played a zoom game but I think they tend to attract nits. I think you can fold this hand to this action unless you have reason to believe the 3 and 4 bettors are light, which is just not an assumption I would make in zoom.

Yes zoom is tighter - I dont think its because it attracts nits per se but because you can fold a mediocre hand and move on so when people stick around to play a hand generally it is stronger than full ring/6max. In full ring I start getting desperate to play a hand an hour in when I've only been dealt junk after 40 hands and look down at 8Ts in MP ...

Without any reads? Fold.
A lot of people have shown interest in playing, with one even raising before the jam.

Best case scenario this is a race, and that's gambling territory, so I'm out :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom