PAHWM: .25/.50 PLO (2 Viewers)

Reading @Anthony Martino's thread has inspired me to play more PLO. I mean, if he can do it anyone can! (USA!)
Me too, I think I’m gonna go pro this winter.

What kind of hands would Seat 8 back raise with like this? I would do that move(limp/raise) with bad AAxx and KKxx if it creates a low SPR situation post flop. Is he loose enough it could be any half decent hand?

What kind of hands would Seat 8 back raise with like this? I would do that move(limp/raise) with bad AAxx and KKxx if it creates a low SPR situation post flop. Is he loose enough it could be any half decent hand?

VERY aggressive players never have it. He's got like J742 rainbow, repot and stuff it down that mofos throat!

Seat 8 could do this with any Face/Face xx hands. He likes to get it in and gambol, rarely does his hands have a lot of coordination. He wins frequently by bloating a pot preflop and getting people to fold. When I watch him play, I usually mutter WTF when the cards turn over. But he's logged plenty of hours, multitables, and has auto-rebuy turned on.

Then I’m raising so I can race him and push everyone else out. Or hand does way better vs just him instead of 4-way.

I'm raising with this hand at a short table. I hate "potting it". I probably make it 2 bucks (unless that's pot, maff is hard)
$2.50 was pot. I don't like typing in my bets - I use the 2.5bb, 4bb, 5bb, POT buttons exclusively. I like to keep my left hand free for holding the beer.

$2.50 was pot. I don't like typing in my bets - I use the 2.5bb, 4bb, 5bb, POT buttons exclusively. I like to keep my left hand free for holding the beer.

funny thing is I almost exclusively type in my bet amounts. About the only time I don’t is if I am betting POT, then I use the button.

I'm flatting the pf re-pot. Expecting both fish to call. I'm expecting SB to pot most flops. I'm re-potting any flop that hits me... and by hits me I'm talking broadway draws and that 2nd nut flush draw.

I'm folding to flops that don't hit me^^^

Ok lets get to the results :)

Seems like a standard repot/get it in against this exact type of player (especially because you are OOP, you will want to realize your equity vs this man man's limp-raising range (which should be very weak generally).

I mean, you are blocking a LOT of premium holdings that the button can have. If you want to gambool and re-pot, you're basically committed, but given your hand, that's not terrible. The button would had to have limped with AAxx, and hope you'd raise from the blinds. As @Anthony Martino put so eloquently, make a wager to shove down the button's gullet as he is a fornicator of mothers.

I like a call vs these guys. There is still room post flop for them to make mistakes. If we get it in now they will gladly run it out and pray their 30-40% comes in.

They will still do it if you call, but give yourself a chance to get away from really bad flops cheaply.

Alright - we left off here:

Okay - this was an easy decision for me. I felt like this was a solid hand considering who I was up against.

Hero - hits the pot button and makes it $2.50

Seat 5 calls ($100 behind)
Seat 7 calls ($40 behind)
Seat 8 raises to $12.50 ($100 behind)

Notes on Seat 8:
will re-pot preflop when raised,
will either shove or fold to aggression,
rarely flats,
action junkie
slows down when whiffs

Action to hero?

Hero agrees with a lot of the suggestions posted above. This villain and hero have tangled before, and my thought process was this was just an aggressive move to steal the pot.

Hero hits the pot button again and bets pot - $42.50

Fish in seat 5 calls.

Villain in seat 8 shoves for $108.40

Action to hero?

Well we aren't folding now! Even if up against AA (somehow/can't imagine), we have too much equity with the dead money to fold.

Alright - we left off here:

Okay - this was an easy decision for me. I felt like this was a solid hand considering who I was up against.

Hero - hits the pot button and makes it $2.50

Seat 5 calls ($100 behind)
Seat 7 calls ($40 behind)
Seat 8 raises to $12.50 ($100 behind)

Notes on Seat 8:
will re-pot preflop when raised,
will either shove or fold to aggression,
rarely flats,
action junkie
slows down when whiffs

Action to hero?

Hero agrees with a lot of the suggestions posted above. This villain and hero have tangled before, and my thought process was this was just an aggressive move to steal the pot.

Hero hits the pot button again and bets pot - $42.50

Fish in seat 5 calls.

Villain in seat 8 shoves for $108.40

Action to hero?

We're getting more than 3:1 on a call here, and the fish in seat 5 is likely coming along as well. We are committed to this pot, get it in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom